Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Snubbed by the Mercury Prize!
    Was it even out in time to qualify? *checks* https://www.mercuryprize.com/about-the-prize
    Oh well, it's not that important - just happy Charli got a nod.

I made a thread on the title track - hop over to Songs for new video.
    Last edited by Blondini; Fri July 24, 2020, 18:08.
    Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• Comment

• such an amazing video

Comment

• So I ordered a physical copy of this through her online store as it's not available in my country. I paid in pounds so does that mean the sale will count for the UK charts? Does anyone know how this works? Hoping to buy the vinyl once they restock.

Comment

• I am not 100% sure but I read somewhere it depends on where your credit/debit card is registered.... don't know how it works with Revolut for instance - it's UK Bank I think.
            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
              So I ordered a physical copy of this through her online store as it's not available in my country. I paid in pounds so does that mean the sale will count for the UK charts? Does anyone know how this works? Hoping to buy the vinyl once they restock.
              I think vinyl is still available
              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

I think vinyl is still available
                Looks like the just restocked. I checked yesterday and there were none. Just placed my order

Comment

• I bought the white vinyl, CD and signed print from her store back when white vinyls appeared.
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Just received my signed vinyl. The black one. Now I need to order the white one
                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• for those who don't own Devotion vinyl, here you can get it in good price:

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/jessie...a-4c2bdc4645c9

KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                        Just received my signed vinyl. The black one. Now I need to order the white one
                        Ain't it sold out?
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Ain't it sold out?
                          it is - but I will find it somewhere
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                            Snubbed by the Mercury Prize!
                            Outrageous! It should be winning the prize
                            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whats-Pleas.../dp/B08FP9NWTW

new version is coming
                              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Hope she gets recognized and be nominated for Brit Awards.
                                BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Fabulous! She really needs to get all the Christmas sales she can! The album is a timeless masterpiece!
                                  Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• The chorus of "The Kill" really ignites some feels for me. Whew.
                                    UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [Ballot box open]
                                    "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [440-421]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• The 50 Best Albums of 2020

#9 Jessie Ware, 'What’s Your Pleasure?'

This fantastic dance-pop record came out when none of us could make it to the club, but no matter — that’s what bedrooms are for. On her fourth album, the London singer cranked up the Studio 54 glamour while making sure everyone would be permitted beyond the velvet rope. The first three tracks alone act like a suite best heard late at night, one disco-ball stunner after another: the lovestruck “Spotlight,” the synth-heavy title track, and the highly enjoyable “Ooh La La,” which kicks off with a car honking. If there’s anything we want in 2021, it’s for Ware to release this gem on gold vinyl. —A.M.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...asure-1096844/
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                        That's a great read, and pleased to see this getting some deserved love.

Outstanding record.

Comment

• Best and Worst of 2020

Best Pandemic Album to Dance to : Jessie Ware – “What’s Your Pleasure?”

Ware can frankly do no wrong. While many critics haven’t liked her evolution, I for one love her ability to craft songs that resonate regardless of the style or production. Her voice and lyrics always seem to transcend genres. But luckily this year, Ware went back to her roots and here we have not just a disco tribute but an album that just embodies all aspects of 70’s funk, rock and soul. The album while immersed in that era is so slyly produced that it sounds modern and even futuristic at times. While Dua Lipa’s album (listed below as my honorable mention) “Future Nostalgia” tried to do the same and also succeeded, here it’s Ware’s age and maturity that makes the music just feel a bit more groovy and you know no matter who else is there, they’ll also just start dancing.
                                          https://rollingstoneindia.com/best-and-worst-of-2020/
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• She's confirmed on Twitter that there will be a Deluxe edition.

Comment

• Too bad this wasn't nominated for Best Dance Album Grammy category. Let's hope she'll have some nomination for Brit Awards.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• She’s releasing remember where you are because of the exposure from Obama saying it was one of his songs of the year and because it’s a fan favourite. A new edit will be released at midnight and she’s performing it on Graham Norton.

Comment

• Album: What's Your Pleasure
                                                  iTunes:
                                                  #2 United Kingdom
                                                  #5 Ireland
                                                  #134 Australia

Apple Music:
                                                  #48 Armenia
                                                  #52 United Kingdom
                                                  #71 Nicaragua
                                                  #86 Ireland
                                                  #139 Bermuda
                                                  #193 Brazil
                                                  #199 Paraguay
                                                  #294 Spain
                                                  #318 Finland
                                                  #359 Netherlands
                                                  #368 Mexico

Comment

• Album is aiming for the top 10 this week in the midweeks and she’s restocked the vinyl on her website!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X