• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jszmiles
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post

It’s boring on the whole.
    no way! it has many great tunes, just like all of her albums actually!

Love to Love and Your Domino to name a few.

Leave a comment:

• ludichris
    replied
    Originally posted by LJC123 View Post
    But Glasshouse has Alone <3
    + Your Domino, Last Of The True Believers, Love To Love. All of which still receive frequent plays from me.

I do think this is her most cohesive album to date and she nailed the concept and subject matters on this. I would like more Imagine It Was Us-type moments on the next album, which is probably my ultimate fave of hers.

Leave a comment:

• LJC123
    replied
    But Glasshouse has Alone <3

Leave a comment:

• Mpol
    replied
    Thanks I did read up on it it sounded like the writing process was frustrating for her.

But back to this album. It was my favourite from 2020. And that says so much given the quality of last year’s music.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Originally posted by Mpol View Post
    Not to get off topic but what was the issue with Glasshosue?
    It’s boring on the whole.

Leave a comment:

• Mpol
    replied
    Not to get off topic but what was the issue with Glasshosue?

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    'Tough Love' is the album that made me really like he rmusic

Leave a comment:

• Thombus
    replied
    I think this has the longevity in comparison to her other efforts, I rarely revisit those but this has been in rotation since it came out. I always find something new with each listen.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    This is definitely her best album but Devotion and Tough Love are both absolute gems too. Her weakest is easily Glasshouse (even she acknowledges it) but it still has some highlights.

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    She has a lot gr8 songs on her previous albums. But yeah, this is her best by far.

I love Selfish Love, Tough Love, Say You Love Me, Wildest Moments, Running, Adore You...

Leave a comment:

• LJC123
    replied
    Haha ermmmm ^^

Her other albums are great, different sound yes. But some absolute gems on them.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    This album is soooooo good. I can't stop listening!

Are her other albums worth checking out? I gather she changed her sound a bit on this project, right?

Also, I know I am going to get absolutely trashed for this, but does anyone else think her vocals sound a bit like Jennifer Lopez at times? Specifically, the sensual, sultry type stuff she did like Should've Never and Step into my World?

I'll get my coat.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    Album is aiming for the top 10 this week in the midweeks and she’s restocked the vinyl on her website!

Leave a comment:

• Dave2Hearts
    replied
    Album: What's Your Pleasure
    iTunes:
    #2 United Kingdom
    #5 Ireland
    #134 Australia

Apple Music:
    #48 Armenia
    #52 United Kingdom
    #71 Nicaragua
    #86 Ireland
    #139 Bermuda
    #193 Brazil
    #199 Paraguay
    #294 Spain
    #318 Finland
    #359 Netherlands
    #368 Mexico

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    She’s releasing remember where you are because of the exposure from Obama saying it was one of his songs of the year and because it’s a fan favourite. A new edit will be released at midnight and she’s performing it on Graham Norton.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Too bad this wasn't nominated for Best Dance Album Grammy category. Let's hope she'll have some nomination for Brit Awards.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    She's confirmed on Twitter that there will be a Deluxe edition.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Best and Worst of 2020

Best Pandemic Album to Dance to : Jessie Ware – “What’s Your Pleasure?”

Ware can frankly do no wrong. While many critics haven’t liked her evolution, I for one love her ability to craft songs that resonate regardless of the style or production. Her voice and lyrics always seem to transcend genres. But luckily this year, Ware went back to her roots and here we have not just a disco tribute but an album that just embodies all aspects of 70’s funk, rock and soul. The album while immersed in that era is so slyly produced that it sounds modern and even futuristic at times. While Dua Lipa’s album (listed below as my honorable mention) “Future Nostalgia” tried to do the same and also succeeded, here it’s Ware’s age and maturity that makes the music just feel a bit more groovy and you know no matter who else is there, they’ll also just start dancing.
    https://rollingstoneindia.com/best-and-worst-of-2020/

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
    That's a great read, and pleased to see this getting some deserved love.

Outstanding record.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    The 50 Best Albums of 2020

#9 Jessie Ware, 'What’s Your Pleasure?'

This fantastic dance-pop record came out when none of us could make it to the club, but no matter — that’s what bedrooms are for. On her fourth album, the London singer cranked up the Studio 54 glamour while making sure everyone would be permitted beyond the velvet rope. The first three tracks alone act like a suite best heard late at night, one disco-ball stunner after another: the lovestruck “Spotlight,” the synth-heavy title track, and the highly enjoyable “Ooh La La,” which kicks off with a car honking. If there’s anything we want in 2021, it’s for Ware to release this gem on gold vinyl. —A.M.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...asure-1096844/

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    The chorus of "The Kill" really ignites some feels for me. Whew.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    Fabulous! She really needs to get all the Christmas sales she can! The album is a timeless masterpiece!

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    Hope she gets recognized and be nominated for Brit Awards.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whats-Pleas.../dp/B08FP9NWTW

new version is coming

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Snubbed by the Mercury Prize!
    Outrageous! It should be winning the prize

Leave a comment: