NCT 127 - Neo Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCT 127 - Neo Zone

My favorite K-Pop group is back finally! The lead single is out now called "Kick It", the full album is out on Friday and looks they're gonna have a music video for each song.

I was worried about how the album would sound like based on the teasers but I'm sold BRING IT ON NCT!

Comment

Now, this is the NCT 127 sound that I missed. It felt like they were gone for a long time and I'm glad they are back!

That slow parts from Haechan and Doyoung were my favorites, not only because they are my bias. That part with them singing and Taeil hitting the high note right before the dance break comes in! Amazing.

What a visual explosion kind of video! My boy Haechan in the center towards the end!
      Last edited by xtofer; Thu March 5th, 2020, 08:20.

Comment

Ah realy like Kick It! Visual explosion indeed!

Comment

xtofer Colbie you both better staaaaannn!

And yes xtofer, I feel exactly the same way. The Superhuman era basically did not exist to me, simply because that wasn't the NCT that I loved. I feel like SM were trying to make them more radio-friendly with that album not realizing that us fans stan for their all-over-the-place Urban/Hip-Hop noise.

And I agree, Haechan totally steals the show with that final chorus! I never realized how good of a dancer he is.

Comment

Also y'all better vote for this album for Urban/R&B AOTY 2020 (assuming it's gonna be Urban-leaning). The only Korean acts who have made it to the countdown are BTS and Dean.

Comment

This album is nothing short of a masterpiece. I'm not even kidding. I've listened to it in full 2 times today and just love everything.

I love how they can balance the soulful vocals, deep R&B songs, and then the hardhitting rap songs. And still, nothing ever sounds disjointed or like a bunch of random songs put together. Everything is cohesive. K-Pop albums are well-known to be 1 TITLE TRACK plus 8/9 other random songs that aren't up to the title track's standards. But both of NCT 127's prove that this does not need to be the case!

I need a Taeil/Haechan sub-unit PLEASE

Comment

Hmmm the album is a little bit of a let down for me. I feel like the production in some of the tracks are a bit too basic, they could've been a lot more diverse I'd say. Need a couple more listen though.

Also, I'm really enjoying Haechan's voice on the album. That boy can sing!

Comment

There are some parts I like on the album, but there are mostly meh parts. It's a ballad heavy album, I guess. I was expecting a lot of tracks that are all-over-the-place urban noise, as abi described. I avoided listening to the video teasers for the tracks, so I didn't know what to expect.

"Sit Down!" is my favorite at the moment. It's the sound that I expected from this. It's a diss trap track and a slow R&B jam rolled into one. I like that it kept on transitioning back and forth. The beat makes me think of "$$$" from (G)I-DLE's debut mini-album though.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                    Also, I'm really enjoying Haechan's voice on the album. That boy can sing!
                    YES! His part at the start of "Love Song" cleared my skin. I didn't care about the Bruno Mars leftover sound of that track but I kept going back just to listen to that.

Comment

Nooooo guys, keep listening to the album! I really hope it grows on you.

Truthfully, I'm much more of a fan of NCT's vocal line, so maybe that's why I'm enjoying this album more.

And yesssss Haechan..... that boy. His voice and his dancing skills and his stage presence <3

Comment

^I thought I'd post all the music videos here. And crazycool I'm still trying to get into some of the songs, they still sound so bland to me unfortunately.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Okay just watched "Dreams Come True" for the very first time and actually paid attention to the vocals and I wonder who are Haechan's role models in music? As in, who are his favorite singers or artists that he listens to the most? Cause that boy can sing R&B, as in 90's R&B with actual vocals with runs and ad-libs here and there which is surprising to me cause he's born in 2000 and I'm pretty sure not a lot of 2000's-born kids listen to that type of music.

Also Jaehyun, I mean I've always liked his tone, it's very soothing. But his little verses on both "Dreams Come True" and "Kick It" kinda surprised me. I remember listening to his Lauv's "I Like Me Better" cover and I wasn't quite moved by it. I thought he sounded nice but I felt nothing by the way he sang the song but on this album, I can hear that he's starting to put a lot more soul into his voice and I'm liking it!

Comment

Re-package.

I don't like this. Extremely disjointed.

Comment

I like it, but I don't love it.

NonStop sounds like something EXO would've released, it doesn't sound overly NCT to me. The repackage seems a little rushed to me, and I don't think it was really needed. The original Neo Zone album was perfect as it is

Comment

Originally posted by crazycool View Post
                                    I like it, but I don't love it.

NonStop sounds like something EXO would've released, it doesn't sound overly NCT to me. The repackage seems a little rushed to me, and I don't think it was really needed. The original Neo Zone album was perfect as it is
                                    I don't think it's needed either, it's very forgettable. I guess they just wanted to reach the 1 million mark with the album sales.

Comment

Working...
                                    X