Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chicks - Gaslighter

Dixie Chicks Announce New Album Gaslighter, Share Video for New Song

The Dixie Chicks are back. The country trio has shared “Gaslighter,” its first new song in over a decade. Below, watch the accompanying music video, directed by Seanne Farmer. “Gaslighter” is the title track of the group’s long-awaited comeback album, produced by Jack Antonoff, which comes out May 1 (via Columbia). Check out the album cover, as well as the trio’s new interview with Zane Lowe on Apple Music’s Beats 1, below. Find physical editions of Gaslighter at Rough Trade.

Dixie Chicks’ last studio album was 2006’s Taking the Long Way. After touring that record, they took a hiatus during which vocalist Natalie Maines released a solo album (2013’s Mother) and sisters Emily Strayer and Martie Maguire formed the bluegrass duo Court Yard Hounds. The Dixie Chicks reunited for tours in 2013 and 2016. The latter tour was documented on the 2017 live album DCX MMXVI Live, featuring their take on Beyoncé’s “Daddy Lessons” (which sampled their 2002 single “Long Time Gone”).

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Horrible album cover.

IBS got the worse of them.
    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

The song is brilliant. The best single released this year in all genres thus far.
      Eudaimonia
      Last.fm
      Instagram

Comment

The song is catchy, but I'm not liking the vocals TBH.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

It's great that they are back: They used to be huge in the US. One of the rare occassions of a bluegrass single reaching the top 10 there and their last album won them AOTY at the Grammys. I'm not feeling the album cover, but we'll see what's to come...
          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
          and everything you stand for?
          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

I’m happy to have them back. I have enjoyed a few singles from each album. I think it’s unfair how they were treated. If they made the same statements today no one would bat an eye.

I love the song! Instant catchy. I was singing along by the second play. I do wonder who they will market to. Maybe the soccer moms??

Comment

Definitely not my type of music but the single is fire.
              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

The single sounds cute! Gives me throwback vibes which is nice. #1 on US iTunes!

Comment

Is still being released in a week and a half? They have not announced anything about the album, no promo no teasers.. Really hope so... New JoJo and Dixie Chicks album in one day would take my mind off of things!
                  Eudaimonia
                  Last.fm
                  Instagram

Comment

They crossed my mind yesterday. They disappeared again.

Comment

Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                      Is still being released in a week and a half? They have not announced anything about the album, no promo no teasers.. Really hope so... New JoJo and Dixie Chicks album in one day would take my mind off of things!
                      Now we know the answer: https://pitchfork.com/news/dixie-chi...um-gaslighter/

No new release date has been set.

Comment

New song "Julianna Calm Down"

Comment

I love the new song!

Comment

The trio’s comeback record is now set to arrive on July 17

Comment

Can wait for this album!!!

Comment

New song, "March March." Also, they changed their name to "The Chicks" and the album comes out on 7/17/2020.

Comment

10 days
                                  Eudaimonia
                                  Last.fm
                                  Instagram

Comment

Tracklist

The Chicks’ Gaslighter Tracklist:
                                    1. “Gaslighter” (Natalie Maines, Emily Strayer, Martie Maguire, Jack Antonoff)
                                    2. “Sleep at Night” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Teddy Geiger, Justin Tranter)
                                    3. “Texas Man” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Julia Michaels, Tranter)
                                    4. “Everybody Loves You” (Charlotte Lawrence, Gene Penner, Michael Spargur)
                                    5. “For Her” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Ariel Rechtshaid, Sarah Aarons)
                                    6. “March March” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Dan Wilson, Ian Kirkpatrick, Ross Golan)
                                    7. “My Best Friend’s Weddings” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Tranter)
                                    8. “Tights On My Boat” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Michaels)
                                    9. “Julianna Calm Down” (Maines, Antonoff, Michaels)
                                    10. “Young Man” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Annie Clark, Tranter)
                                    11. “Hope It’s Something Good” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff)
                                    12. “Set Me Free” (Maines, Strayer, Maguire, Antonoff, Ben Abraham)

I'm curious. Gaslighter is thus far the track that is most reminiscent of their older work, and one of the best tracks released this year thus far. I like the other two, but they signalize a definite change in sound. The Antonoff stamp is there. I'm really really curious, can't wait.
                                    Last edited by Michiel; Thu July 9, 2020, 10:18.
                                    Eudaimonia
                                    Last.fm
                                    Instagram

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be renamed now?
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

OMG, just listened to the whole ablum. it's soooo good!!!! love it

Comment

Sonically, this isn’t anything too new for them, just has more pop than country and has that classic Antonoff feel to it. I think it will take a few more listens to click with me. Lyrically, this is great and Natalie really tears her ex-husband to shreds
                                          Fiat 500

Comment

Judging by reviews I was expecting more, so I am slightly disappointed after a first spin. March March is really good though, definitely my highlight.

Comment

Title track is really great!

Comment

I love this album. They R back!
                                                My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                X