Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UKMIX Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums of the 2010s (#1 REVEALED + REVISED TOP 100)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rated R and LOUD over ANTI any day for me.

Especially Rated R hit my taste buds hard when it came out.
    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Anti was in the bottom half of my votes. It's grown on me a bit since its release, but I definitely think it's one of her weakest albums. In fact, it might be her second-weakest LP of her career, better only than her Music of the Sun debut.

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
      My top 5 prediction:

5. Caution
      4. 4
      3. Anti
      2. Beyoncé
      1. Lemonade
      My forecast is on track thus far.
      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
        I'm also quite surprised Goldmoney ranked ANTI really high despite hating the new wave of Alternative/Electro-R&B. If you liked ANTI then I'd really recommend you to check out some of these other newer R&B acts.
        Rihsus is a lot more melodically rich than all those other hacks and has the personality to make it work and sound tolerable. LOTB alone decimates all over the ‘10s R&B scene.
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• ThaInfo1
          ThaInfo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hate that I agree with this first point but facts are facts.

• Also, 4 is the second best King album of the ‘10 but let’s not act 4 at 4 isn’t poetic justice.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Your homeboy happens to be quite busy at the moment with lots of deadlines but I'm hoping to get this countdown done by this weekend. Thanks for y'all patience.

In the meantime, stream "Do It" by Chloe x Halle on Spotify, YouTube & Apple Music and Tidal.

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
            Mariah Carey, Merry Christmas II You
            Jennifer Lopez, A.K.A.

Best of the Decade?

Comment

• Surprised that ANTI made the Top 3, Ukmix serving taste for once.

Self-titled for #1, Limonata can rot.

Comment

• It’s time to RuVeal #2, ain‘t it?

Comment

• abi said he's been busy, so let him sort his stuff out. We know the Top 2 anyway.
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Lemonade is higher than 4 then Hope it doesn't win in the end.
                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Needed Me is that bish.

Comment

• Once again sorry y'all, this one client I'm working with atm is really stressing me out. Been working overtime since last week. Gonna be back soon and don't forget to stream The Lion King: The Gift on Spotify.

Comment

• Mugen
                          Mugen commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's all good, take your time.

• No rush abi
                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                          No rush abi

Comment

Beyoncé, Lemonade

Voted by: Loose, mattsky, UndercovaSista, Mugen, LongingHeart, Marchum, quilmrt, Leo, Noahh, abi, BeeBoy, cheapthrills, Rihab, TIfan, ThaInfo1, Ruthymon, DnBLover, bm08, Jonathan, dylonj, JSparksFan, Goldmoney, Carbon, Ska8er, Loveguru, Preyoncé
                            Year-end chart position: 1

Release date: April 23, 2016
                            Genre: R&B, Hip-hop, Pop, Rock, Country, Trap
                            Highlights:Formation”, “Hold Up”, “Sorry”, “Don’t Hurt Yourself” (feat. Jack White), “All Night

Lemonade is the sixth solo studio album by American singer Beyoncé. It was released on April 23, 2016 by Parkwood Entertainment and Columbia Records, accompanied by a sixty-five-minute film of the same title on HBO. It is Beyoncé's second "visual album", following her self-titled fifth studio album (2013), and a concept album with a song cycle that relates Beyoncé's emotional journey after her husband's infidelity in a generational and racial context. Primarily an R&B album, Lemonade encompasses a variety of genres, including reggae, blues, rock, hip hop, soul, funk, Americana, country, gospel, electronic, and trap. It features guest vocals from James Blake, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, and Jack White, and contains samples and interpolations of a number of hip hop and rock songs. Lemonade received widespread critical acclaim, and is the most acclaimed studio album of Beyoncé's career.

The album was music critics' top album of 2016, and was named the greatest album of the decade in 2019 by publications such as the Associated Press. It debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200, earning 653,000 with additional album-equivalent units, including 485,000 copies in its first week of sales. It has since been certified triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). By the end of 2016, Lemonade had sold over 1.5 million copies in the United States, making it the third-best-selling album of the year in the US, and it was the best-selling album of 2016, according to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), with 2.5 million copies sold worldwide. Lemonade was nominated for nine Grammy Awards at the 59th Annual Grammy Awards (2017), including Album of the Year, Record of the Year and Song of the Year. It won Best Urban Contemporary Album and Best Music Video, but lost Album of the Year to Adele's 25. The album's visuals received 11 nominations and won eight of those at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards, including Breakthrough Long Form Video and Video of the Year. The album also won a Peabody Award in Entertainment. Based on critical ratings and appraisals, Lemonade is widely regarded as one of the best albums of the 21st century.

Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
                            I still remember when this dropped when I was mourning Prince, didn't want to listen to any of his music at that time... THEN Lemonade dropped & I loved it instantly.... HOLD UP & ALL NIGHT were my absolute favorites instantly & the latter is up there with my fav all time songs...
                            Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                            This album is fantastic, though, and it's still mind-boggling that Beyoncé is releasing landmark albums so far into her career. She'd still be considered a legend if she slowed down, but she keeps getting better somehow.
                            Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            Second best behind Bible Day
                            Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                            Sorry Don't Hurt Yourself and All Night are my favourites from this. My second favourite after Beyoncé but the ranking of 4 Lemonade B'Day and ST strongly depends on the mood. This is just on another level when it comes to creativity and atristry IMO especially with the Movie. Hate her for Tidal exclusives. She will struggle in her next era if she continues the mess.
                            Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                            This is her magnum opus, I'm not sure she'll be able to top it. Musically maybe, but the reception by critics (and peers) and the cultural impact was extraordinary. That's extremely hard to replicate. I still listen to this album several times a week... and yes, I never skip anything. Always listen to it from start to finish. For me it'll always be a milestone in her career.

Comment

Beyoncé, BEYONCÉ

Voted by: mattsky, Erotica, UndercovaSista, Mugen, LongingHeart, Marchum, quilmrt, Leo, Thriller, Noahh, abi, BeeBoy, cheapthrills, Rihab, TIfan, ThaInfo1, Tansike, DnBLover, bm08, Jonathan, NormiMalone, dylonj, JSparksFan, minime, Goldmoney, Carbon, Ska8er, Loveguru, Preyoncé
                              Year-end chart position: 1

Release date: December 13, 2013
                              Genre: Alt-R&B, Hip-hop, Trap, R&B, Pop, Soul
                              Highlights:Drunk in Love” (feat. JAY Z), “Partition”, “Mine” (feat. Drake), “Rocket”, “Haunted”, “Grown Woman

Beyoncé (often stylized in all caps) is the eponymous fifth solo album by American singer Beyoncé. The record was released on December 13, 2013, by Parkwood Entertainment and Columbia Records. Developed as a "visual album", its songs are accompanied by non-linear short films that illustrate the musical concepts conceived during production. Its dark, intimate subject material includes feminist themes of sex, monogamous love, and relationship issues, inspired by Beyoncé's desire to assert her full creative freedom. The album's initial recording began in New York City, where Beyoncé invited producers and songwriters to live with her for a month. During extensive touring the following year, the album changed as she conceived of creating a visual accompaniment to its songs and resumed recording sessions with electronic producer and rock musician Boots. Their collaboration led to more sonically experimental material, which combined contemporary R&B with electronic and soul music. Throughout this period, the album's songs and videos were composed in strict secrecy as Beyoncé devised an unexpected release.

Beyoncé was released digitally on the iTunes Store without prior announcement or promotion, and debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200, earning Beyoncé her fifth consecutive number-one album on the chart. The album sold over 617,000 copies in the United States and 828,773 copies worldwide in its first three days of sales, becoming the fastest-selling album in the history of the iTunes Store up to that point. According to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), Beyoncé was globally the tenth-best-selling album of 2013. It received universal acclaim from critics, who praised its production, exploration of sexuality, and vocal performance. The album was reissued in November 2014 as part of a platinum edition, along with an extended play of new songs, and has sold over 5 million copies worldwide. Part of the album was promoted on The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour during the 2014 legs.

Originally posted by samra View Post
                              DID THIS BITCH JUST UPLOAD AN ALBUM ON ITUNES WITH NO PROMO, NO SINGLE, NO VIDEO AND NO KIND OF PRESS RELEASE OR HYPE!?
                              Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                              Is this for real!!??
                              Originally posted by Plym View Post
                              i literally cannot process this
                              Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                              Originally posted by RaFanatic View Post
                              IM OFFICIALY DEAD. I CANT BELIEVE THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. And how am i supposed to study now!?
                              Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                              My cousin text me this morning and I thought she was talking about the concert! This is too much, I can't cope.
                              Originally posted by t_dot View Post
                              LOL she did not just do this...... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
                              Originally posted by Dior View Post
                              waiTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT So this is the actual album. F*cking hell. I cannot process this.

Comment

• Finally, thank you everybody for staying with us till the end of the ceremony.

To close this magnificent night,
                                Performing "Love Drought" and "Sandcastles" off her record-breaking album, Lemonade
                                Ladies and gentleman,
                                The one and only,
                                Beyoncé

Comment

• /
                                  UKMIX_EXCLUSIVE

OFFICIAL TRAILER_PREMIERE

"BLACK IS KING"
                                  A Film by Beyoncé

_IN_

Comment

• Finally, I want to thank all the participants in this countdown. I really appreciate all the support and thank you for staying till the very end! Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Loose mattsky heppolo Erotica Ivica UndercovaSista Mugen LongingHeart RayRay Marchum quilmrt Leo Thriller Noahh BeeBoy cheapthrills Rihab TIfan ThaInfo1 Ruthymon Tansike DnBLover bm08 Jonathan NormiMalone beredy dylonj Michiel JSparksFan minime Goldmoney Carbon Ska8er Loveguru Preyoncé

And here's little gifts for everybody. Feel very free to grab some as avatars! Cheers!

Last edited by abi; Wed July 1st, 2020, 19:47.

Comment

• Doja Cat will smash this decade!

Comment

• OMG at the avis!!!

Self-titled is great and actually features my fave Queen B song in "Drunk in Love", but I wanted Lemonade to take this. Overall, I'm happy with the countdown, though. Phenomenal job as always, abi!

Comment

• I completely missed this thread somehow. Thanks for tagging me, so I just read most page now.
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Wish avatars were bigger now, so many of those would be amazing to use.

Self-titled is a great album and definitely deserves #1 over Lemonade.
                                            THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Thank you abi

Comment

• Amazing job sis!! @abi

gonna snag one of these AVIs
                                                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Delighted with the winner, great job abi!

Comment

• ST is a bit overrated content wise, but it was a game-changer no doubt!

Comment

• abi, STANDING OVATION. SUperb job here! Great winner although Lemonade was my big fav.
                                                      VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                                                      ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

• Great work, abi ! Thank you for all the fun.

I was Team 4, but happy to see Self-titled win out over Lemonade - although they're both great.

Now do we start dishing on the albums we voted for that didn't make the cut?! I for one would love to see the list of everything else ppl voted for - I've discovered some great new listens!

Thanks again Abi!!

Comment

Working...
                                                        X