Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UKMIX Top Urban/R&B Albums of the 2010s (#23 - #21)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKMIX Top Urban/R&B Albums of the 2010s (#23 - #21)

Welcome!
    Hello everyone! It's the Top Urban/R&B Album of the 2010s. Let's do this to kill time while most of us are being quarantined & socially distancing at home probably for the next few weeks!
    You guys vote for your favorite Urban/R&B records of the decade then I will count them down from #100 to #1.

Rules
    1. Listen to your favorite R&B/Urban albums of the 2010's again, rank them from #1 (favorite) to #40 (least favorite), then PM the list to me.
    2. You may submit up to 40 albums (max) and a minimum of 15 albums.
    3. Remember the genre. They have to be within the category of Urban music, including R&B, Hip-Hop, Soul, Trap, Reggae, etc. The term ‘Urban’ has been used so widely these days so I’m going to leave it open for you guys to decide which albums to vote. Albums that are less ‘Urban’ will probably end up with just fewer votes.
    4. The album must have been released between the dates of January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2019.
    5. You can also put some comments & list your favorite songs from each album you vote, just for fun.
    6. PM your list to me, please do not post it on this thread until the countdown is over. You are also allowed to revise your list before the deadline.
    7. The deadline is April 30, 2020 (as for now).

-

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can we have a list of the albums we can vote for?
    It would be too much work for me to list all the possible albums but I'll help by posting lists of albums that have made into our year-end charts from 2010 to 2019 for your consideration.
    You can also refer to the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop year-end charts or various other lists from professional critics.

Can I vote for non-English albums that belong to Urban/R&B, i.e. K-Pop or Latin Pop?
    Of course, why not.

How about EP’s & mixtapes?
    Yes. As long as it contains at least 5 original songs.

Live albums?
    No please.​
    Last edited by abi; Mon March 30th, 2020, 18:17.

Some album recommendations:

UKMIX Urban/R&B Album of the Year Countdown results (2010-2019):
    (in alphabetical order)

Spoiler!

Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums year-end charts (2010-2019):

Last edited by abi; Mon April 13th, 2020, 04:33.

Comment

abi Thanks
      Let me get to work
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

abi Are these albums eligible?

Brandy - Two Eleven (2012)
        Nelly Furtado - The Spirit Indestructible (2012)
        YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

what's with 2012? can we just pick any R&B/hip-hop record of that year?
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Yay thanks for running this
            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Comment

Can't wait
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Looking at those lists make me think that music was in a true crisis between 2010 and 2013.

Sending in my list very soon. Not voting for the big players besides ANTI and LEMONADE.

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                    what's with 2012? can we just pick any R&B/hip-hop record of that year?
                    You don't have to pick from the list. You can send any album you want (provided it fits the genre). abi just posted results of previous AOTY threads here, but if you read his full post you would see this is just a reminder and every R&B album is on the table, listed or not.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can we have a list of the albums we can vote for?
                    It would be too much work for me to list all the possible albums but I'll help by posting lists of albums that have made into our year-end charts from 2010 to 2019 for your consideration.
                    You can also refer to the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop year-end charts or various other lists from professional critics.
                    I have received many gifts from God,
                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

beredy Thank you for the explanation! heppolo hopefully it's clear enough.

Loose Again, it's up to you to decide whether the album fits the genre or not, just expect Poppier albums to get less votes (unless your name is either Rihanna or Ariana I guess). Brandy shouldn't be a problem obviously. Haven't heard Nelly's album but the first single sounds like a typical Timbaland production to me as far as I could remember.

Comment

I just handed in my list abi

I don't expect my favourites to be ranked high in this countdown though. It was the little gems that made it for me this decade.

Comment

OMG I have been so terrible with notifications since the change and I have been extremely busy.

I'll do my best. Thanks for the tag abi

Comment

Now this I’m here for.
                            Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

I will take part too. Thanks for providing the lists, this helps.
                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

This should be fun - will send you a list when I get a chance - something to do while under quarantine

Comment

Ooh, I'm here for this! Will send my list shortly.
                                  Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [130-126]

Comment

Will send a list, but need to think about it / listen to some albums again.

Comment

Let me just say that I'm glad this is happening just because the board looks WAY better with the banner. I hope it can stay that way lol.
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Glad to see all the excitements here! Thanks everyone.

Also Erotica bm08 I feel like I haven't seen y'all in a while (maybe because we post in different threads) but nice to see you both on board as well. Thanks! And thank you KEY9481 haha!

Take your time guys, the deadline is still far away. I have received 5 votes though, whew, some of y'all are really quick.

Comment

Hopefully it won't be predictable as usual
                                          BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                          YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

^Depends on who the voters are tbh.

These are the results for the '00s countdown for comparison:

1. Mariah Carey The Emancipation of Mimi
                                            2. Alicia Keys The Diary Of...
                                            3. Usher Confessions
                                            4. Beyonce B'Day
                                            5. Rihanna Good Girl Gone Bad
                                            6. Beyonce I Am... Sasha Fierce
                                            7. Aaliyah Aaliyah
                                            8. Destiny's Child Destiny Fulfilled
                                            9. Beyonce Dangerously in Love
                                            10. Alicia Keys Songs in A Minor
                                            11. Alicia Keys The Element of Freedom
                                            12. Alicia Keys As I Am
                                            13. Justin Timberlake FutureSex/LoveSounds
                                            14. Mary J. Blige The Breakthrough
                                            15. Kanye West The College Dropout
                                            16. Outkast Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
                                            17. Amy Winehouse Back to Black
                                            18. Usher 8701
                                            19. Brandy Afrodisiac
                                            20. Jazmine Sullivan Fearless
                                            21. Kanye West Graduation
                                            22. Kelly Rowland Ms. Kelly
                                            23. Kelis Tasty
                                            24. Ciara Goodies
                                            25. Solange Sol-Angel and The Hadley St. Dreams

Very mainstream R&B/Pop-dominated with a little splash of Hip-Hop. Usher & JT are the highest male acts (surprised!).

Comment

Yay, excited for this one!

*(30 albums is gonna be tough, could we do a max. of 35 albums?! lol)
                                              Last edited by LongingHeart; Mon March 30th, 2020, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by LongingHeart View Post
                                                Yay, excited for this one!

*(30 albums is gonna be tough, could we do a max. of 35 albums?! lol)
                                                Haha sorry, 30 as for now. I was actually thinking to do that at first but I figured it might be a little hard for some users. So I guess we'll stick with 30 as for now.

Comment

Working...
                                                X