Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters

Fiona Apple Unveils Release Date for New Album ‘Fetch the Bolt Cutters’

Fiona Apple has unveiled the release date of her fifth studio album. Fetch the Bolt Cutters will arrive digitally on April 17th.

The news was unveiled via a video, which features a dog running on a beach to a percussive soundscape. Titled after a line said by Gillian Anderson in the British police procedural The Fall, Fetch the Bolt Cutters is the follow-up to 2012’s The Idler Wheel…

In a recent profile with the New Yorker, Apple revealed the names of several of the album’s songs, including “On I Go,” “The Drumset Is Gone,” “Rack of His,” “Kick Me Under the Table,” “Ladies,” “For Her,” “Shameka,” “Heavy Balloon” and “I Want You to Love Me.”

As detailed in the profile, the album features contributions from indie rock drummer Amy Wood, sound engineer (and Wood’s father) John Would, bassist Sebastian Steinberg of the band Soul Coughing and Latin singer-songwriter Davíd Garza. Actress-model Cara Delevingne also makes a cameo appearance on the album’s title track.

While Fetch the Bolt Cutters is her first studio album in nearly eight years, over the past year she has dropped a number of singles, including the Simon & Garfunkel holiday song “7 O’Clock News/Silent Night” (with Phoebe Bridgers and Matt Berninger) and a cover of the Waterboys’ “The Whole of the Moon.”
    My music library: LAST.FM

Yes... yes... YESSSS!!! Omg I never thought that could be happening so soon!
    Marchum ThaInfo1 Be prepared to get emotionally ****ed up!
    "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

Can't wait for this. I love the description of the overall sound and the little snippet.

Comment

Glad it's so soon!
        ENJOY HERE
        UKMIX Retro Charts Records - First AND Second Cycle! Year-End charts, Records and more...

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
          Yes... yes... YESSSS!!! Omg I never thought that could be happening so soon!
          Marchum ThaInfo1 Be prepared to get emotionally ****ed up!
          I've never checked her out but lemme give ha a discover

Comment

Her first album TIDAL has got the most instant tearjerkers.
            "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post

I've never checked her out but lemme give ha a discover
              Try “The First Taste”, I think you could dig this song!

Excited about this new album, it’s been sooooo long! New Fiona and new Jewel, yay
              last.fm

Comment

I’m dying to hear this, she is my favourite artist of all time. I honestly think she’s one of the greatest songwriters.

Comment

No album cover.
                  No track list.

Is this really going to happen?

Comment

No album cover.
                    No track list.

Is this really going to happen?
                    I'm sure she will just do it all at once.

Comment

Fetch the Bolt Cutters will be available on ALL streaming platforms on Friday 17th including: Spotify, Apple, Amazon Music, YouTube, Google Play, Pandora, Napster, I heart Radio, Soundcloud and Deezer.

I wish it was Friday NOW.

Comment

i'm very excited

Comment

Apparently this is the albumcover

Comment

Oh Lord. Zero to no thought went into that album cover.

Comment

First review, 4 stars.

https://theartsdesk.com/new-music/al...h-bolt-cutters

The album should be out tonight for me, I'm gonna stay up for it I think.

Comment

Interesting! I don’t expect it to be her best album though. It could be on par with The Idler Wheel... though which was partly good, partly mmmmhhh.

Comment

Interesting! I don’t expect it to be her best album though. It could be on par with The Idler Wheel... though which was partly good, partly mmmmhhh.
                                  Oh I loved that album! It was a shock at first coming after the more polished Extraordinary Machine but I sat with it for a week and loved it.

I'm listening to the new album currently, it's going to divide opinion I feel, it's all over the place in a way that only she could get away with. 'For her' is bat shit crazy.

Stand outs so far:

Shameika
                                  Under the table (I love this one)
                                  Ladies
                                  Heavy balloon
                                  Drumset

Comment

Pitchfork give it a 10.0
                                    "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

Will it be released in cd?

Comment

The album is simply spectacular. All the superlatives I could use I would. I can already say it's one of my favorite albums by her.
                                        The production is incredible, terrific percussion work.

Comment

D A M N

After The Idler Wheel... I haven’t expected much from a spontaneous Fiona Apple release. But damn... I am not even sure if it outdoes Extraordinary Machine which I liked very much!

It‘s good, man, it’s good! There are melodies, there is anger... all the Apple trademarks I was hoping to get.

ThaInfo1 My sistren make sure to check out Heavy Balloon. That‘s the closest to urban she‘ll ever get.

Favourites so far? Definitely Heavy Balloon. Many great songs like Cosmonauts, Shameika, Under The Table, For Her... ​​​​​​​

Comment

I want you to love me
                                            Under the table
                                            Relay
                                            Newspaper (the way the tempo builds and builds and the things gradually get more intense, stunning)
                                            Heavy Balloon

Are my standouts so far.

Comment

The album got a 10 from Pitchfork.

I've never listened to a Fiona Apple album but I'm intrigued.
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I fear/hope this becomes her third best record after Tidal and When The Pawn...

I am currently discovering Ladies which is a delight! It just takes a few spins to take off but I am completely sold now. I can see myself pouring a glass of nice gin to it.

I like the fact this album unfolds the more you replay it.

Thanks, Fiona. I seriously thought that your best days were over but you surprised me loads!

Comment

I fear/hope this becomes her third best record after Tidal and When The Pawn...

I am currently discovering Ladies which is a delight! It just takes a few spins to take off but I am completely sold now. I can see myself pouring a glass of nice gin to it.

I like the fact this album unfolds the more you replay it.

Thanks, Fiona. I seriously thought that your best days were over but you surprised me loads!
                                                  Oh yeah I can't wait to have another listen or 2 or 3 while having a splash tonight. I can see every song I don't love yet grow on me.
                                                  "Ladies" seems so down to earth compared to the rest, it got lost in the hype of the first few spins. I was still completely overwhelmed by "Newspaper" to even make room for the next couple of songs.

I just love how the percussion isn't just something that's there, it literally fits the whole idea of the album. It feels like she's just wreckingballing your body with the music this time. Vocally, lyrically and musically. It's like BAM BAM BAM I'm pounding it into your body without any excuses.
                                                  Last edited by Hejira; Fri April 17, 2020, 15:36.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X