Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loose View Post

JoJo! It’s between JoJo and JoJo.
    For the album, Jojo submitted to R&B album while CxH, Summer & most likely Jhene submitted to Progressive R&B (formerly Urban Contemporary).

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Where's the physical ladies?
        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Another day, another show, another slay.
          These girls are the definition of busy and booked.

SET
          Forgive Me
          Tipsy
          Lonely
          Busy Boy
          Down
          Happy Without Me
          Do It
          Cool People
          Last edited by KEY9481; Thu October 22, 2020, 08:40.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Oh wow they finally perfomed Lonely
            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• I stan for the title track.

ThaInfo1 You were right, sis. best outta the bunch.
              "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• Their Grammy promo circuit campaign has been immaculate.
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I think they will get AOY nomination (if they were submitted there)

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                    I think they will get AOY nomination (if they were submitted there)
                    They were but it's a longshot. R&B acts don't get an AOTY without huge sales or hit singles, and they had neither.
                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Yeah I don't think they're gonna get AOTY either, way too many competitions. I don't even think Best Progressive R&B is on lock as well, Jhene might get lots of love due to her bigger success & appeals more to male audience.

Comment

• Another fantastic performance from them. They've been going non stop this year.
                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• They're so talented and they deserve so much more. I love how they keep performing different songs from the album and not just "Do It".
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• As much as I like them, I don't think the album is strong enough. But there are some very strong songs in there obviously, less than half though.
                            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• I am at loss for words.
                              Wow. Spectacular.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Yes CxH!
                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• It was named the second best album of the year by TIME Magazine:

2. Ungodly Hour, Chloe x Halle

Sometimes they would don thigh-high metallic boots and dance through strobing orbs of light; sometimes they’d perform brisk routines on tennis courts; sometimes they’d strum acoustic guitars. Every live performance that the sister act Chloe x Halle delivered this summer was wholly unique, but the source material—songs from their album Ungodly Hourwas uniformly strong. While many pop stars have recently chosen to release increasingly baggy albums to maximize streaming numbers, the Bailey sisters took the opposite route, crafting 13 unimpeachable songs, each with inventive production flourishes and endless replay value. For the most part, the Beyoncι proteges don’t rely too heavily on their voices, instead focusing on crafting a modern and cohesive brand of R&B that borrows from the best aspects of several eras of the genre. But toward the end of the album, they unleash their pipes to their full torrential power on “Wonder What She Thinks of Me,” a blistering letter written to a romantic rival, belted in hair-raising cascading harmony.—ARC

https://time.com/5915313/best-albums-2020/
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• ^ YAY!
                                      This year has been absolutely the best year in terms of urban/rnb albums. So many amazing records after one other. Teyana, Kehlani, Jojo, Alina, and CxH gave me everything I needed and more in this ****ed up year. So happy they’re getting what they deserve.

Comment

• Seriously, drop the physicals girls...
                                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                          ^ YAY!
                                          This year has been absolutely the best year in terms of urban/rnb albums. So many amazing records after one other. Teyana, Kehlani, Jojo, Alina, and CxH gave me everything I needed and more in this ****ed up year.
                                          Why is everybody leaving out Jhene's Chilombo? Am I the only one who loves that album?

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                            Why is everybody leaving out Jhene's Chilombo? Am I the only one who loves that album?
                                            I love it too. I was just blasting it other day, but it feels so pre-quarantine to me, I can’t group it with the others lol

Comment

I like it, I even played it the other day when it was announced AOTY to refresh my memory. It's just that she doesn't really go many places thematically or experiments with production and vocals as much as CxH do. Also she pulled a CB and made it 273726 tracks long, so it drags a bit too.

Rooting for these ladies.
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Funny thing is I am a huge Jhene fan but this album did not captivate me like any of her previous work. I would rather play Trip than Chilombo still. I need to give it a few more tries...

However, Chilombo's highlights are amazing, and in terms of an album I prefer it over CxH which I have played quite a bit yet keep coming to the same 3-4 songs.
                                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Marchum Ska8er DnBLover Okay I'm gonna need all of you to give me more 2020 R&B album recommendations cause my playlist has been a looking a little dry lately. I do think female R&B artists are killing it more than males in 2020 though.

Comment

Marchum Ska8er DnBLover Okay I'm gonna need all of you to give me more 2020 R&B album recommendations cause my playlist has been a looking a little dry lately. I do think female R&B artists are killing it more than males in 2020 though.
                                                    JoJo - Good To Know

That's THE album one needs to listen to in 2020.
                                                    "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X