No announcement yet.

Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abi sorry I didn't recommend anything, but this year I've played a bunch of older stuff and wasn't really that much into newer urban stuff, more than you already know anyway.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Their promotional campaign for this album has been AMAZING & on point!

The only thing severely lacking is radio support tbh. How come they didn't send "Do It" to Pop radio? Why didn't they send "Do It" for radio adds right away after it got big on TikTok? How did you have the girls performing different songs at different award shows yet they didn't bother to push any other songs from the album to the radio? How? Why? "Busy Boy" to Urban & Rhythmic? "Ungodly Hour" to Pop & HAC? "Forgive Me" to Urban AC? Uhmmm @ParkwoodEntertainment Beyonce?
        UKMIX R&B/Hip-Hop Albums of the Year 2020 (VOTING OPENS!)

Comment

• I mean Twitter is GAGGING about the show.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Chloe really did the most and I loved it!

Comment

• THAT WAS EVERYTHING. Ugh, everytime I listen to them or watch them I get so much in awe of their talent.

They both did amazing. That Forgive Me performance was something else and Chloe was having such a night!!!!!

Comment

• Chloe is so extra compared to Halle
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I haven't seen the whole show, but it does not seem to match the Tiny Desk concert which was flawless from end to start. I find this show to be a bit more messy vocally.

Also, I don't really enjoy their costumes here. Both of them are stunning women with banging bodies, but these costumes are not flattering. I don't really think they have to jump on the oversexualised image of most of their peers. Sure people will claim that they are empowered females and can do hat they want, which is true. But they are up and coming artists. It's ok to sell sex, but is that really what CxH want?

In this regard, I hope Billie Eillish's trend spreads and people stop expecting females to show skin whenever they try to come to the spotlight. It would sure put a lot less pressure on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                    It's ok to sell sex, but is that really what CxH want?
                    Lately Chloe and Halle seem to have built two totally different images to me. Halle is FAR more tame & covered up and has that good girl-next-door aura. Chloe's image has definitely been sex'd up lately and I'm starting to think that's just how she really is. She seems VERY comfortable & confident with it so I guess a least to Chloe, yes, that's what she wants from the way I see it. I do agree that women don't have to oversexualize their image all the time though.

And I actually think she looks hella good in that leotard. Her body is banging!

Comment

• Also, they're still growing & developing as performers, especially since they started out more as 'vocalists'. I'm sure they're still trying to find their balance between each other. I do agree that Chloe was doing a little too much on this whole set but let's give them some time. And the fact that they're still hella young yet are already able to perform better than the majority of their peers is pretty fascinating.

Comment

• Definitely Chloe seems to be more natural about it, but there is something about this which feels forced, and it might just be that Halle is not comfortable in this new image for them.

It seems that for you to jump from the alt scene into the mainstream you need to sell sex nowadays. I can't even think of any female artist who crossed over without doing so, that is not Billie Eillish which has been is probably the biggest phenomenon in a very long time (all her songs above 100 Million streams on Spotify). This is especially true with female rappers, but it wasn't the case in the past.

Comment

• Also it's funny that their off-stage personalities are completely the opposite of their stage persona. I've seen some of their IG lives and Chloe seems to be very bubbly while Halle is the wild one.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                            Also it's funny that their off-stage personalities are completely the opposite of their stage persona.
                            See this is what I'm talking about. Chloe is really out here getting soft & emo while Halle is just... "just smile & nod y'all". Their IG lives are so unintentionally funny!

Comment

See this is what I'm talking about. Chloe is really out here getting soft & emo while Halle is just... "just smile & nod y'all". Their IG lives are so unintentionally funny!

Omg this is hilarious
                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Lonely slowly becomes the album‘s highlight in disguise for me.
                                My last.fm

Comment

• Don't Make It Harder on me has been solidified as my favourite, especially with the Tiny Desk concert.

I can't believe we only had one single from this album (and no physicals).
                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                      Don't Make It Harder on me has been solidified as my favourite, especially with the Tiny Desk concert.

I can't believe we only had one single from this album (and no physicals).
                                      Definitely. Brilliant performance made me realize how great the song is.

Comment

Comment

• They could easily revive this album with a new single (but send it to radio this time) and a physical release. The immense critical acclaim would probably help too. Or am I being delusional?
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                            They could easily revive this album with a new single (but send it to radio this time) and a physical release. The immense critical acclaim would probably help too. Or am I being delusional?
                                            If "Do It" wasn't a smash hit, I find it hard to believe that anything will be. But "Ungodly Hour" feels like a UK #1 almost.

Comment

• I don't get why they don't release the album physically.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                I don't get why they don't release the album physically.
                                                Parkwood is allergic to physicals.
                                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

If "Do It" wasn't a smash hit, I find it hard to believe that anything will be. But "Ungodly Hour" feels like a UK #1 almost.
                                                  "Do It" was a smash on both Urban & Rhythmic (it peaked at #6 on R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay), the only two radio formats the song was sent to. It wasn't pushed on Pop nor it was pushed internationally. Their TV promotions are on point, radio promotions on the other hand...

Comment

"Do It" was a smash on both Urban & Rhythmic (it peaked at #6 on R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay), the only two radio formats the song was sent to. It wasn't pushed on Pop nor it was pushed internationally. Their TV promotions are on point, radio promotions on the other hand...
                                                    Radios are not their problem, streaming is tbh. WIth such an aggresive campaign, their overall streaming numbers are weak so there΄s clearly a disconnection between all their twitter frenzy and the overall results.
                                                    Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Working...
                                                    X