Duncan Laurence - Worlds On Fire [EP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Laurence - Worlds On Fire [EP]

Duncan is almost ready to drop his EP (according to his statements on his official Twitter account).

He's been working on it for almost two years now and honestly, I simply don't get it why he will only release an "EP" whilst performing 13 tracks on tour.

The EP won't be successful anyway. Just give us fans (who also attended his concerts) an album of the songs you did play live at least. It would be such a horrible thing to throw away amazing tracks like that :(
    Last edited by Mainshow; Wed April 29th, 2020, 16:11.
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Duncan just announced that he will release his EP "Worlds On Fire" on Wednesday 13th May (along his upcoming single "Someone Else".).

Comment

Really mixed feelings about this - because it's been WAY too long and then we only get an EP.

I hope it's at least worth the wait.

Comment

It’s been 84 years
        2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

He has performed like 17 different songs (this includes Arcade and Love Don't Hate It' the past year, and also recorded new material as well. I am very curious to see what he will release on this. If this are all new songs, I will be kinda mad that he didn't release those other tracks

Comment

I agree with y'all, this took wayy too long

Comment

I think he was waiting for Eurovision 2020 to show up and promote the new EP as the "reigning champ". Whilst in Salvador Sobral's case the wait was unavoidable (medical reasons), with Duncan it might unfortunately be way past the sell-by date.
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Dutch artists and releasing an actual album, it's a rarity.

Comment

The EP will only consist of 5 songs, including Arcade and Love Don’t Hate It. So only 3 new songs. What a dumb move!
                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

just 3 songs? Duncan sis wyd?

01. Beautiful
                    02. Yet
                    03. Arcade
                    04. Someone Else
                    05. Love Don't Hate It

https://music.apple.com/us/album/wor...-ep/1510564628
                    Last edited by IVyoncÚ; Mon May 4th, 2020, 09:38.

Comment

I honestly feel so bad for him. He must have one of the worst record deal is ever.
                      ​​​​​​
                      He experienced the biggest exposure possible for a European artists, had a very successful tour around Europe and unlike some artists, he's a gifted singer-songwriter and had plenty of material ready.
                      I don't understand this move at all.

I don't buy his statement that he wants his debut EP to make as perfect as possible and that's why he's working so long/so much on this "record" but if he weren't proud of his former stuff, he wouldn't have performed them on his tour + rotate them/change the setlist.

I know that some artists scrap their material or even entire bodies of work because they aren't happy about it (like Sam Smith's "To Die For", Miley's "She's..." or Lena's "Gemini") but I think this is more like a Loreen's "Paper Light" scenario. Is he going to be dropped by his label?

This EP doesn't make sense to me at all. Only 3 songs (I'm still happy to hear new Duncan) but as a fan, I'm just utterly sad for him and quite disappointed.

Also, the "quality over quantity" argument doesn't suit this horrible situation either. "Kings" is Pink Floyd-worthy and with "Arcade", he won Eurovision. He has a lot of well-composed tracks ready.

What a f*cking mess!

Comment

Overall a solid EP, but slightly underwhelming
                        Like I love Someone Else but both Yet and Beautiful are just these cute singer-songwriter slow guitar songs that are enjoyable but then I think about all the amazing songs he performed and idk it leaves me a bit underwhelmed. I kinda wish this was a few tracks longer and give it a little more 'body'

Comment

Not sure what to think of this. Not that into "Beautiful" and "Yet" on the first spin. His voice is lovely, but the songs are just... there. "Arcade" and "Love Don't Hate It" still sound really good, probably even a bit too good compared to the others. "Someone Else" as the next single makes sense and I hope it's a hit for him.

Comment

He easily could have released a debut album tbh, I think this would have been a pretty solid collection of songs for him as first album

01. Kings
                            02. Stranger
                            03. Arcade
                            04. Silence
                            05. Love Don't Hate It
                            06. Tomorrow
                            07. Ice Age
                            08. Lighthouse
                            09. Someone Else
                            10. Dear Nothing
                            11. Together We Run
                            12. Nearly Morning
                            13. Dry Your Eyes

And then he still would have left out
                            - Yet
                            - Beautiful
                            - My Memory hates Me
                            - Atlantis (The Deep) (with Joe Buck)
                            - The Woods
                            - That's What A Man Should Do
                            - The Greatest
                            and other new material he recorded. I mean I am sure he has a vision for his music and career but damn. How many good songs can be performed and also potentially be shelved.

Comment

I haven't bought the EP yet. Like IVyoncÚ already pointed out.. he has way too many very solid to amazing tracks and should have come with an album instead.
                              It's a crime to let go so much quality! If he's about to drop EPs consisting of 5 songs each season throughout 2020, I might be impressed.. but this release is soooooooooo disappointing on so many levels.

I will still buy it and support him but oh well, I want to hear all the songs mentioned above in HQ/studio version!

Comment

Hearing his voice makes my heart jump. He's so gifted. "Beautiful" is actually pretty amazing. It reminds me a lot of Niall Horan's excellent debut album.

Comment

Worlds On Fire - EP on iTunes
                                  #1 Netherlands (NE)
                                  #26 Germany (NE)
                                  #126 United Kingdom (NE)
                                  #167 Kazakhstan (NE)
                                  #225 France (NE)
                                  #1496 United States (NE)

Comment

This is so beautiful!
                                    Big.Big.Booty.