No announcement yet.

Kehlani - It Was Good Until It Wasn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, Water gives me butterflies in my loins!
    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

I'm gonna stroke someone's son DOWN to Hate the Club yes MAAAAMMMM.
      Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Marchum
        Marchum commented
        Editing a comment
        YESSSSSSSS

I feel like I'm kinda overwhelmed with lots of these R&B releases recently. Haven't got the time to properly digest Jhene's & Kiana's albums, haven't heard Jojo's and obviously haven't checked out this one yet as well. Idk, this quarantine period got me going back to the good old days of 2000's R&B instead.

Comment

Idk this is boring to me.
        Water and the Jhenι track are pretty good.
        I miss my Mixtape kehlani :/

Comment

I enjoy this. Flows so well to me. 81 at Metacritic so far, though only based on 5 reviews.

Comment

https://www.vulture.com/2020/05/kehl...-it-wasnt.html

Very good article about the album. The interesting tidbit is that her label, Atlantic, did not want her to release the album right now(it was originally suppose to come out in April), but she pushed for it. Then they made a deal with her: In exchange for her releasing it in May, she has to do all the promotion on her own.

Comment

So, no promotion then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post
                https://www.vulture.com/2020/05/kehl...-it-wasnt.html

Very good article about the album. The interesting tidbit is that her label, Atlantic, did not want her to release the album right now(it was originally suppose to come out in April), but she pushed for it. Then they made a deal with her: In exchange for her releasing it in May, she has to do all the promotion on her own.
                Damn, records label really get away with a lot of the things they do, don't they?

Comment

Kehlani really brought it with this album. I don't know what it is about her but she can ride pretty much any groove.

Comment

. ..

Comment

... ... ...

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                        Damn, records label really get away with a lot of the things they do, don't they?
                        They were only talking about the music videos and things like artwork. It's lockdown so there'd be no other way around it than her doing it in-house. JoJo is doing the same. They can't set up full-scale photoshoots and video shoots right now, which is why they wanted to push it back..so they can fully support the original rollout they planned

Comment

The thing with Kehlani is that she always has a couple bangers ready that are surrounded by pretty dull side dishes.

At least that’s how I feel about her records.

Comment

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/kehla...ver-interview/

Kehlani spoke with Pitchfork about how her album cover came to be. She also explained how she learned how to make music videos since she's handling all the promotion on her own.

Comment

I play this project start to finish with no skips (well apart from the outro). I love that she can challenge for the #1 spot on Billboard without radio singles, not easy to do for a female R&B act.

Comment

Water and Can I enter Kehlani‘s Top 5 Songs Of Her Discography. They’re soooo goood.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                  Water and Can I enter Kehlani‘s Top 5 Songs Of Her Discography. They’re soooo goood.
                                  We love facts.

Water is that girl.

Love The News, Serial Lover (a mantra), and Open too.

She really captured a vibe on here.

(only thing I don't care for is the outro...but I get it)

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

If I had to rank my favourites it would probably look something like this:

#1 WATER
                                    #2 CAN I
                                    #3 HATE THE CLUB
                                    #4 CHANGE YOUR LIFE
                                    #5 SERIAL LOVER

ThaInfo1 Our taste buds are pretty much on the same wavelength this time, sis!

Comment

• ThaInfo1
                                      ThaInfo1 commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Yaaasssssssssssss the taste!!

Is there anything like Honey or Again here?
                                    last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                                      Is there anything like Honey or Again here?
                                      No. Nothing light or acoustic-heavy on there.

Comment

Carbon closest to one of those is "Everybody Business".

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                                          Carbon closest to one of those is "Everybody Business".
                                          Omg yes, I’ve heard this one before but forgot about it. It does sound really nice and lite.

Her voice is so pretty.
                                          last.fm

Comment

I only really liked Water (wish it was longer though) and Toxic... and maybe Serial Lover, rest are ok I guess, but not enough for me to keep listening, it lacks something.
                                            Last edited by DoesAnybody; Sat May 16th, 2020, 17:49.

Comment

Top 5 for me:

Can I remains as the obvious hit on the album. It reminds of The Weeknd, the bedroom theme and her vocals <3

Bad News is another favorite, hits close to home. The beat slaps.

Water is just

Hate The Club needs to be released as a single, production is top-notch.

Serial Lover the catchiest song on the album.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                                Top 5 for me:

Can I remains as the obvious hit on the album. It reminds of The Weeknd, the bedroom theme and her vocals <3

Bad News is another favorite, hits close to home. The beat slaps.

Water is just

Hate The Club needs to be released as a single, production is top-notch.

Serial Lover the catchiest song on the album.
                                                Saaammmeeee

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Marchum
                                                  Marchum commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  <3<3<3<3<3<3

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Quarantine-style music video for "Bad News."

Comment

Working...
                                                  X