Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toni Braxton - Spell My Name

Album coming in August!

Toni Braxton has released a 3-track remix EP for a brand new song, ‘Dance’.

Written by Antonio Dixon and Toni, the three remixes have been produced by DJ Dave Audé.

This release bares a resemblance to the roll-out of the 5-track remix EP for ‘Coping’ which dropped a few months prior to the release of Toni’s 2018 album, ‘Sex & Cigarettes’. ‘Coping’ became Toni’s sixth #1 on Billboard’s Dance Club Songs chart, and it appears Toni is hoping to follow that same trajectory in this new era.

Earlier this year, Toni revealed that the lead single for her forthcoming studio album was intended to be an upbeat dance song. Plans changed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and ‘Do It’ was released instead. We suspect that ‘Dance’ may have been the song she was referring to.

There’s no word yet on whether ‘Dance’ will be an official single or just a promotional push for the upcoming album release. Meanwhile, Toni’s current single ‘Do It’ is seeing great success on Billboard’s Adult R&B chart, becoming her 18th Top 10 on the chart. She has now achieved Top 10 entries on the chart across 4 different decades.

Toni’s follow-up album to ‘Sex & Cigarettes’ is set to be released in August, however no official release date has been set.

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

‘Coping’ became Toni’s sixth #1 on Billboard’s Dance Club Songs chart, and it appears Toni is hoping to follow that same trajectory in this new era.

Well, Billboard Dance Club Songs chart is not being published right now due to COVID... so, not gonna happen.

But yes, it seems they're following the same route with this album. First single, promo dance single and then another single with the album release.

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post
      [/I]

Well, Billboard Dance Club Songs chart is not being published right now due to COVID... so, not gonna happen.

But yes, it seems they're following the same route with this album. First single, promo dance single and then another single with the album release.
      Unsure what stats contribute to dance charts but even if clubs don’t contribute now due to Covid, surely there are dance stations that will be taken into account?
      For me personally, I couldn’t care less about dance charts. If anything, I’m intrigued by a new song (albeit remixed) that will make the album. I loved Coping mixes and the original was just as lush.
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I'm still amazed her voice hasn't change a bit. She sounds exactly like in 1992.
        Excited for the new album!

Comment

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post

Unsure what stats contribute to dance charts but even if clubs don’t contribute now due to Covid, surely there are dance stations that will be taken into account?
          For me personally, I couldn’t care less about dance charts. If anything, I’m intrigued by a new song (albeit remixed) that will make the album. I loved Coping mixes and the original was just as lush.
          You're mixing two different charts:

-Billboard Dance Club Songs: Based on what a number of DJs report to Billboard they're playing at clubs.
          -Billboard Dance/Electronic Songs: Based on points from sales, streaming and airplay of dance electronic/songs and, to a minor extent, points from the DJs report.

Dance Club Songs is the one where Coping was #1. It was #25 on Dance/Electronic Songs.

Comment

Brandy on July 31.
            Toni in August.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHoli View Post
              I'm still amazed her voice hasn't change a bit. She sounds exactly like in 1992.
              Excited for the new album!
              I’ve always said this that her voice hasn’t been compromised through the decades. It’s rare but thank heavens.

Comment

I’ve always said this that her voice hasn’t been compromised through the decades. It’s rare but thank heavens.
                She definitely doesn't have the range she had in the 90s imo but her tone is still so stunning and one of my faves in the industry past or present.

Comment

If there is one Please, one Yesterday or one Long As I Live, I will be happy.
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Don't forget that Long As I live was Toni's 8th number one on the Adult R&B songs so she still has the support of urban adult contemporary radio. That song deserved to be a hit, stunning track.

Plus Do it did really well on the Hot R&B chart, reaching no 5, her highest entry in years.
                    Last edited by InFamous; Tue June 23, 2020, 00:04.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Plus Do it did really well on the Hot R&B chart, reaching no 5, her highest entry in years.

“Do it” reached #5 on Billboard Adult R&B Songs. (And that was not the debut position, it debuted at #12, it peaked some weeks later)

On Billboard Hot R&B Songs (which covers airplay, sales and streaming) it failed to chart.

Comment

“Do it” reached #5 on Billboard Adult R&B Songs. (And that was not the debut position, it debuted at #12, it peaked some weeks later)

On Billboard Hot R&B Songs (which covers airplay, sales and streaming) it failed to chart.
                        I never said it was her debut position. The word entry full expression "chart entry" does not mean its debut, it simply refers to a song which made the charts. I did not say " it entered" the chart at No 5.

And yeah I know it was the airplay chart she hit 5 on. I must have typed quickly and wrote hot instead of adult Or maybe I mixed up the charts seeing as Long as I live actually was No 1 there prior to Do it.

A travesty.
                        Last edited by InFamous; Tue June 23, 2020, 14:25.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I never said it was her debut position. The word entry full expression "chart entry" does not mean its debut, it simply refers to a song which made the charts. I did not say " it entered" the chart at No 5.

And yeah I know it was the airplay chart she hit 5 on. I must have typed quickly and wrote hot instead of adult Or maybe I mixed up the charts seeing as Long as I live actually was No 1 there prior to Do it.

A travesty.

“Do it did really well on the Hot R&B chart, reaching no 5, her highest entry in years.”

Your sentence clearly means that #5 was her highest entry in years. It’s grammar.

If you knew it wasn’t, you should have rephrased your sentence “it was her highest entry in years and it reached #5”

LAIL wasn’t #1 on Hot R&B Songs either, it was #15.
                          It was #1 on Adult R&B.
                          So Do It peaking at #5 wasn’t her highest “entry” in years.
                          It was indeed her highest debut when it entered the charts at #12.

You mixed it all up.

Comment

• InFamous
                            InFamous commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice edit, and good to see that you know the difference now between using the word "entry"
                            and the phrase "it entered". And yes, I got briefly mixed up between the two charts.

“Do it did really well on the Hot R&B chart, reaching no 5, her highest entry in years.”

Your sentence clearly means that #5 was her highest entry in years. It’s grammar.

If you knew it wasn’t, you should have rephrased your sentence “it was her highest entry in years and it reached #5”

LAIL wasn’t #1 on Hot R&B Songs either, it was #15.
                          It was #1 on Adult R&B.
                          LOL, it doesn't clearly mean that. At all.
                          As i said using the word entry is not the same as saying "it entered".
                          You will often see the expression in chart histories " Britney Spears has 31 entries ( plural of entry) on the chart, that does not refer to the positions those songs debuted in. So yeah I don't need grammar lessons from you thanks.

Also, I never said LAIL was 15 on the Hot R&B, I said it was 1 on the Adult R&B ( airplay only)

Comment

Read again.

Comment

YASSS Toni - this is great. I still prefer R&B Toni though but her dance remixes are really great

Comment

So thus far, it is still scheduled in August.

Comment

YouKnowIGotSoul: Talk about what you and Babyface are doing with Toni Braxton right now and of course she just put out the single ‘Do It”.

Antonio Dixon: That was one I did for her. I had the music prepared already. We worked on some ideas in the studio. I sent Toni just the music and she called me right away and she was like “I think I know what the song is going to be about”. She came back into the studio when she came in town and we cut it right away. I’ve worked with Toni since her “Libra” album so I look at her as my big sister. We just try to figure out what she wants to do and we listen to a lot of records. We just catch her in the moment of what she’s loving and try to come up with some things. We’re still in the process of working on that one. The next record coming out is “Dance” which is for those that want to go rollerskating. It has some 70’s disco to it. That’s going to be the next single coming out. I’m finishing up on that project.

Comment

^ 70's disco... sounds great.
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                      ^ 70's disco... sounds great.
                                      I’m getting Long As I Live dance vibes. That’s a great thing!

Comment

10 track! Her 2 shortest albums are, by far, my best. Libra and Sex and Cigars!

Comment

Dula Peep was found shaking after dance.

The HER feature.

Auntie Toni returning to that fly auntie she really is?! I’m ready queen

Comment

I love Dance original!!!!

Comment

Album available for pre-order on streaming services!!!

5BCC09E9-AA6B-49B2-B17C-52329964BCA2.jpeg

Comment

Tracklist (correct order)

1. Dance
                                                2. Do It (ft. Missy Elliott)
                                                3. Gotta Move (ft. Her)
                                                4. Fallin’
                                                5. Spell My Name
                                                6. O.V.E.Rr.
                                                7. Happy Without Me
                                                8. Saturday Night
                                                9. Do It
                                                10. Nothin’ (Bonus)