Toni Braxton - Spell My Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting...A few thoughts...
    • "Her"? as in "H.E.R."? lol....someone needs to change that!
    • "O.V.E.Rr"? is that a typo with the 2 Rs?
    • Essentially 8 songs on the project since Do It is on their twice, so I wonder why Nothin' is only a bonus track instead of actually part of the album? Guessing it must sound really different...
    • With it being a short tracklist, she has a new song out with KEM today, so may as well have included that on here as well tbh.
    • Why was Dance released twice today - as a single, and again as part of the album? Shouldn't they be just directing all traffic to the album pre-add?
    She's signed to a major label so this is all a bit messy...

Anyways I really like Dance! She and Antonio Dixon make a good team...
    Last edited by MusicJunk90; Fri July 31, 2020, 12:27.

Comment

I like that cover
      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
      See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

Originally posted by MusicJunk90 View Post
        Interesting...A few thoughts...
        • "Her"? as in "H.E.R."? lol....someone needs to change that!
        • "O.V.E.Rr"? is that a typo with the 2 Rs?
        • Essentially 8 songs on the project since Do It is on their twice, so I wonder why Nothin' is only a bonus track instead of actually part of the album? Guessing it must sound really different...
        • With it being a short tracklist, she has a new song out with KEM today, so may as well have included that on here as well tbh.
        • Why was Dance released twice today - as a single, and again as part of the album? Shouldn't they be just directing all traffic to the album pre-add?
        She's signed to a major label so this is all a bit messy...

Anyways I really like Dance! She and Antonio Dixon make a good team...
        Mess indeed
        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Target Pre-order. Last album they had 2 remixes and exclusive track Forgiven.

Comment

A vibrator is her face tickler.

That‘s the best promo ever. I will always remember that.
              YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Beautiful cover, and super excited for the HER feature.
                I don’t like Dance tho...

Comment

Ugh I hate the cover!
                  I hate the grey and yellow; the colours are too drab for a long body shot to be make any visual impact. I hate her jumper dress and the random fake cliff she's standing on, I hate the Times New Roman font. And the name sounds dumb; I'm sure it will be more meaningful when we hear the title track but for the GP it won't make sense.

ANYway, despite that I'm obviously looking forward to this; I've loved everything so far and I don't mind Toni's short albums - but I'm not listening to anything else before it is releasesd as there were only 4 new songs to enjoy when Sex & Cigarettes came out.

Comment

Comment

Was just checking Spotify to see if Gotta Move On was available and to my surprise I saw a new compilation album released on August 14 titled "Home All Alone" with 8 tracks, including new songs Dance and Do It. What's the purpose of such a release???
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                        Was just checking Spotify to see if Gotta Move On was available and to my surprise I saw a new compilation album released on August 14 titled "Home All Alone" with 8 tracks, including new songs Dance and Do It. What's the purpose of such a release???
                        There was something about this is another topic. I don't remember which one. Toni referred to it as a "playlist".

Comment

Seeing reports of Gotta Move On being online but not finding it anywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by quilmrt View Post
                            Yeah it's out on all platforms. Listened to it earlier.

Comment

Must not pop up until midnight local. 17 more minutes!

Comment

It’s a beautiful song. I like all three so far.

Comment

This is everything!! Toni's vocals.....just never disappoint! Approaching 30 years in her career and still the best tone in R&B in my opinion. And I love H.E.R.'s part.

Comment

I think it’s an OK song with potential to grow.
                                    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

This is the best song she has released since Long As I Live, period!

Comment

• SawyerHewitt
                                        SawyerHewitt commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I agree 100%!!!

• MusicJunk90
                                        MusicJunk90 commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I also agree with this!

• Preyoncé
                                        Preyoncé commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I concur!

Now this is it, ma ❤️
                                      Not a fan of Do it or Dance.
                                      But Gotta move on is what I expect from Legend Braxton.
                                      ​​​​​​
                                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

I'm starting to get a good feeling about this album.

Comment

Originally posted by quilmrt View Post
                                          It's on Spotify now.
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

There was something about this is another topic. I don't remember which one. Toni referred to it as a "playlist".
                                            No. There is a genuine playlist (random ass compilation) that was released last week. This is a HER feature announced on this album recently but that’s about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post

No. There is a genuine playlist (random ass compilation) that was released last week. This is a HER feature announced on this album recently but that’s about it.
                                              Yes I know. My reply was to ray ray who came across the compilation on spotify and wondered what it was.

Comment

I like Do it and Dance she released recently. I'll give an opotunity to the entire album.
                                                I like the artwork.
                                                Last edited by MintSound; Wed August 26, 2020, 12:28.

Comment

Tomorrow is D Day

Comment

Working...
                                                  X