Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

Ellie's upcoming album is titled "Brightest Blue" and if the rumours are true, then it's being released on July 17th.

This is the tracklist but i don't know if it's legit:

Side 1:
    1. Start (feat. Serpentwithfeet)
    2. Power
    3. How Deep Is Too Deep
    4. Cyan
    5. Love I'm Given
    6. New Heights
    7. Ode To Myself
    8. Woman
    9. Tides
    10. Wine Drunk
    11. Bleach
    12. Flux
    13. Brightest Blue

Side 2:
    1. Overture
    2. Worry About Me (feat. blackbear)
    3. Slow Grenade (feat. Lauv)
    4. Close To Me (with Diplo & Swae Lee)
    5. Hate Me (with Juice WRLD)

If this is the final tracklist, then i can see why they included only 'Flux" in Side 1 and left the rest released songs for side 2.
    Last edited by GreekGeek; Wed May 27th, 2020, 08:09.
    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Let's hope that she's back to 'Halcyon' force after her little experiments following the 'Delirium' era!
    Don't need hindsight
    I'll make my emotions clear
    And then disappear
    With one strike
    (All Saints)

Comment

Hope it's true. Title and track names are quite interesting. I love Flux and I hope Side 1 would be Halcyon-esque

Comment

I’ll probably give this a listen but it’s hard to be excited for
        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

All of her new stuff has been pretty strong, and Power is GREAT! I'm looking forward to this a lot.
          thank u, next

Comment

Flux! Glad she's including that - one of her best songs in years.

Power's also cool.
            THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Yes to all the "Flux" praise

The tracklist looks actually interesting. I thought all of her singles weren't bad, they just weren't as good as everything she has done before. The Side 1 / 2 thing with most singles being on Side 2 also gives me hope that this may actually be similar to "Halcyon".

Comment

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Awful cover.
                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

It's not awful for me; it's just bland...

Comment

Saw this earlier today and was confused if this is really the cover or not, because I'm not liking it that much if it really is the official cover.

Anyways, so, so happy this is finally happening and yes at her posting a 'finally' on the insta post as well

Comment

I think the Album Cover is great, don’t see how it’s “bland”.

Comment

This cover looks 100% like Lana to me and nothing like Ellie
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I love the album cover actually, but agree it doesn't look like Ellie. Actually.... does Ellie even look like Ellie anymore?
                            Anyway, Power is a major improvement on everything she's released in the last 2 years. Flux is also great.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                              This cover looks 100% like Lana to me and nothing like Ellie
                              I thought it looked like Lana too.
                              Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Her look has altered significantly during the past few years, so she's probably facing some identity issues.
                                Don't need hindsight
                                I'll make my emotions clear
                                And then disappear
                                With one strike
                                (All Saints)

Comment

Just realized "Sixteen" won't be on the album. Not that I would complain about that, because it's my least favorite song of all the singles she's released recently, but it did quite well in the UK so it's weird she won't include that.

Comment

I'm actually really excited for this and can't wait for its release! She just put out "Slow Grenade" with Lauv as the last song of the second disc. It's nice and fits well to the others, but I'm just so happy she named the second disc "EG.0" and "Power" & "Flux" being on the first disc is very promising!

Comment

"Slow Grenade" is really good!

Comment

I agree, I like Slow Grenade
                                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Slow Grenade is very good. One of the best singles from the album

Comment

I have lost all interest in this project. She material is just not connecting with me. I miss old Ellie.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                                I have lost all interest in this project. The material is just not connecting with me. I miss old Ellie.
                                                This. I feel more and more indifferent about this project after every new track release...
                                                "Slow Grenade" is a borefest...

Comment

Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                                                  "Slow Grenade" is a borefest...
                                                  Listen to it three times and you'll change your mind. It's catchy as ****. My favorite track from the album so far.

Comment

My most-liked to least-liked list based on the released songs from the album so far goes:

1. Flux
                                                    2. Close To Me
                                                    3. Hate Me
                                                    4. Power
                                                    5. Slow Grenade
                                                    6. Worry About Me (i do not even recall listening to this one! )
                                                    Last edited by GreekGeek; Fri July 3rd, 2020, 21:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

Listen to it three times and you'll change your mind. It's catchy as ****. My favorite track from the album so far.
                                                      I have listened to it several times but it won't click with me...

Comment

Comment

Slow Grenade is basic as fuq. I'm still holding out for a least one or two songs at the level of 2010-2012 EG greatness, but I'm losing hope...

Comment

Her music has become so faceless and generic. The first two albums showed distinct character and personality. It feels like she has been chasing pop stardom since Delerium, and it just isn’t working (for me). Worry Bout Me was a generic bop but I expect more from Ellie or I expected more from her pre Delerium.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X