No announcement yet.

Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlike ANY other Ellie Goulding album, Brightest Blue had a variety of songs that instantly hit my taste buds.

For some reason I finally get her. I never thought I could grow back to like her after she did that messy Delirium album (she did that just for the fame - I don’t buy anything on that record).

This was definitely a nice surprise!
    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

I'm in love with the whole album, There isn't one single bad song.

Definitely her strongest.
      thank u, next

Comment

My favourites vary from day to day but today it is

#1 How Deep Is Too Deep
        #2 Bleach
        #3 Cyan/Love I‘m Given
        #4 New Heights
        #5 Start

ThaInfo1 Don‘t sleep on it, sis!
        YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• ThaInfo1
          ThaInfo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Never really check for ha but I will check it out!

Originally posted by Loose View Post
        Unlike ANY other Ellie Goulding album, Brightest Blue had a variety of songs that instantly hit my taste buds.

For some reason I finally get her. I never thought I could grow back to like her after she did that messy Delirium album (she did that just for the fame - I don’t buy anything on that record).

This was definitely a nice surprise!
        She's said herself that Delirium isn't very genuine for her.

Ask Ellie Goulding how she feels about her fourth album, Brightest Blue, and the singer responds by exhaling deeply. “Oh my gosh, it’s like a new world,” Goulding tells Apple Music. “When I listen to these songs, I feel proud of them.” Ask the same question of its predecessor, Delirium—the polished pop record Goulding released in 2015—and she isn’t quite as gushing. “I very quickly realized that when I was performing the songs, I was finding it cringe. It was like, ‘This is not what I want. This is not what I wanted to do.’

https://music.apple.com/us/album/bri...lue/1514631992
        "It was like, 'Okay, so maybe I'm meant to suddenly become this ginormous pop star that has dancers and glitter and God knows what else on tour,' and I really enjoyed playing that role for a bit, but I didn't like wearing those outfits every night and I knew, deep down, it wasn't me."

"I think it made other people write off the album, too" she says. "But looking back, it actually is a really brilliant pop record. I just think it perhaps wasn't an Ellie Goulding record."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53433864
        I actually really liked quite a few songs from Delirium! Listening to some songs as I type this and they still sound good to me. The deluxe is just too long at 21 tracks, so it's always just a few I go back and listen to.

I like the direction she's taken with Brightest Blue too though, and it was a pleasant first listen. But I do need more time with the album as I remember very little.

Comment

I’m really enjoying this after a few listens! I’m shocked! I was a big fan in the early days and really enjoyed Delirium too but the latest singles were generic with no identity. This album is very much an Ellie Goulding album
          You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

this "2 sided album" thing is shady.

They were obviously going to call the album EG.0 and fill it with pop tracks, then when they started flopping Ellie was allowed to record and release something more her.
            thank u, next

Comment

Originally posted by shinydiscopaul View Post
              this "2 sided album" thing is shady.

They were obviously going to call the album EG.0 and fill it with pop tracks, then when they started flopping Ellie was allowed to record and release something more her.
              Actually Side A has been finished for ages and most of it was recorded in 2017/2018. The album was pushed back as her/her label chased a hit and she recorded more EG.0-type tracks
              Fiat 500

Comment

I willl never understand the hate for delirium. Her best album is Halcyon but a long way but Delirium is my second favourite and I love it! I still haven’t listened to this. I’m nervous cause all the singles are so bland and uninspiring.
                You have officially been frock destroyed!

Comment

It's a really good album IMO - I already loved Power, Flux and Sixteen.

My other favourites are Slow Grenade, Love I'm Given and How Deep Is Too Deep.

Comment

This album is quite a grower. I was pretty unimpressed on my initial listen but Love I'm Given, Brightest Blue and New Heights are really starting to stand out for me, among Flux and Power. which I already loved. They should quickly push Love I'm Given as it seems to be the only album track that's picking up a lot of streams.

Comment

I am (or I was) in love with her music (she's my #1 artist on lastfm ) but I can't make myself to listen to this album... I am almost sure I will be highly disappointed
                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

First part bored me to death.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

OK I started, probably won't finish today, but first two songs don't sound bad.... it's not Brightest Lights quality but it's nice. I there are some tunes with quality higher than level
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I really gave up on her but she really won me over again, this is a great album!

Comment

"Love I'm Given" music video:

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

I expected less than nothing for this album but it has pleasantly surprised me in a big way. I love Love I’m given. Brightest Blue and How deep is too deep. I just ignore the EG.0 thing and enjoy the standalone quality of the original music and he she clearly wanted it to sound.
                                You have officially been frock destroyed!

Comment

Working...
                                X