• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m so hyped for this!
    This superstar in the making
    Tonight she's yours for the taking

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

• Highlights on my first spin : Miss A Thing, Supernova, Dance Floor Darling, Where Does The DJ Go?, Fine Wine, Hey Lonely and obviously her best song ever Say Something.
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Just listen to the snippets, so underwhelming. This like Golden goes nowhere for me.

Not sure what's going on but was a big fan of her music all he way up to Aphrodite and since All the Lovers it's been downhill rapidly.

Will listen to the whole album tomorrow and see. but i'm not too optimistic about this project.

Comment

• Wow, Kylie is serving proper Disco bops with this! I’m pleasantly very surprised tbh!
          You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• OMG. Disco is great. Likes Golden, she delivers

Comment

• Love it. Lots of good songs. Where Does The DJ Go is my favorite!

I still love Dancing so much

Comment

• After few listens, Supernova, Miss a Thing and Where Does The DJ Go are the highlights for me

Comment

• I have to be honest, this isn’t as good as it should be.

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

• Say Something - live @ BBC Radio 2

September/Spinning Around - live @ BBC Radio 2

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Thx Key <3

Comment

• "Last Chance" should have been the second single!
                        And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• Supernova is so bloody fantastic.
                          And Dance Floor Darling omg that middle 8 and then the speed up tempo kicking in ohlalaaaa!!!

Comment

• So I’ve listened to this a few times and whilst it’s improved on repeat listens (noting more details etc) my biggest issues are that none of the songs are big classic Kylie tracks and (I accept this could just be me but) this just isn’t the disco I expected.

Frankly, Light Years and Fever did disco better Disco does.

I love disco but where are the big dance floor party tracks? Magic, Say Something and I Love It are probably the standouts too (although Supernova and Last Chance are fun). Everything feels like filler at the moment.

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

• I actually really dig this on the first few listens. Every song is a bop. The whole is a little party. And it is def. something I needed atm. Every song is infectious and catchy in their own way including deluxe tracks

Comment

• I heard a snippet of "Supernova" on Twitter and was suprised to find out that it’s one of her new songs. The first three singles didn’t grab me (maybe because I'm not the biggest Kylie fan anyway) but that song is incredible.
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=KDhVbdSug2Y

<3

Real Groove (INFINITE DISCO)

Comment

• Supernova >>>
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Wow. This is such an underwhelming record - the production might be solid but most songs sound quite uninspired and lacklustre. I have to say that I have never been fan of the disco-esque sound at all but Kylie used to be my second favourite female artist - I miss her edgy and experimental "X" or the divine and big productions and melodies of "Aphrodite".... "Disco" is very same-y... Slightly boring, I'd say. I haven't noticed any really memorable melodies so far - Hopefully, this album will be a grower.

"Supernova", "Miss A Thing" and "Say Something" are my favourite tracks so far - Maybe I should treat this project as a very tiny EP and call it a day.
                                      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                        So I’ve listened to this a few times and whilst it’s improved on repeat listens (noting more details etc) my biggest issues are that none of the songs are big classic Kylie tracks and (I accept this could just be me but) this just isn’t the disco I expected.

Frankly, Light Years and Fever did disco better Disco does.

I love disco but where are the big dance floor party tracks? Magic, Say Something and I Love It are probably the standouts too (although Supernova and Last Chance are fun). Everything feels like filler at the moment.
                                        Maybe you were expecting some dance music, I think in this case "disco" music is something different.

I personally love it, it's really solid and consistent. Everything was meant to be like it is and every song is a bit of something. All together is a little world in which escape to.
                                        This has so much personality and yes, it gets better on each listen.

Cupid Boy, Give Me Your Love.

Comment

• I love this, OMG. This is a classic record.

Comment

• I’ve started from Miss A Thing to hear the new songs and that already is one of the best ever tracks of 2020... Did anyone notice the similarities between the chorus of Miss A Thing and Chocolate?! They seem to be sung in the same harmonies yet with different lyrics and a different tempo... but they are hugely similar!
                                            Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• Originally posted by LucaBox View Post

Maybe you were expecting some dance music, I think in this case "disco" music is something different.
                                              I think I was expecting something like Chic, Donna Summer or The Bee Gees. Not retro, but modern - a bit like Get Lucky.

Even when disco was at its peak, you could tell which songs were written as disco tracks or simply remixed to sound like a disco track. I actually think Disco is the latter - they’re definitely pop songs mixed to sound disco.

I mean look at her performance of September - it’s a world away from anything on this album.

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

• Originally posted by oaknuys View Post
                                                I’ve started from Miss A Thing to hear the new songs and that already is one of the best ever tracks of 2020... Did anyone notice the similarities between the chorus of Miss A Thing and Chocolate?! They seem to be sung in the same harmonies yet with different lyrics and a different tempo... but they are hugely similar!
                                                Her vocals sound different here to most of the rest of the album - they must be what she recorded herself

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

• What an album! There's so much love in the craft and delivery, it feels so good to listen to from start to finish. Perhaps the best Kylie album we've had since Aphrodite, X or Body Language in my opinion. It's already one of my favourite Kylie albums, it's so on brand and so enjoyable! I'd go as far as call this similar to Katy Perry's Smile in terms of sound and palette, but much more refined and subdued, and so clever! The way the sample from Magic crops up again in Miss A Thing and Celebrate You is sheer genius.

Obsessed with "Miss A Thing", "Last Chance", "Monday Blues" and "Celebrate You"! One of the best records of the year and so unexpectedly good. Confessions On A Dancefloor for the 2020s.
                                                  Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                                                  Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• Wow! She chose the perfect day to release this!! Im jamming, I'm celebrating, I'm amazed!
                                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X