Kylie Minogue - Disco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still deciding on whether I like Last Chance & Hey Lonely or not

Celebrate You is the only that I truly don't like.

It's such a greaaaat record, I am loving it.

Miss A Thing is soooo classic Kylie, imagine that being the first single! It's so elegant and beautiful.
    Where does the DJ go is a favorite of mine. Such a guilty pleasure! Supernova snatched wigs and more

Fine Wine deserved a spot on the standard edition! Just wished there was an instrumental outro to the song, it ends abruptly. Same goes for Spotlight, would love if he song faded out with the people just chanting and screaming in a cappella.

But definitely among my favorite albums of her already.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
      Just wished there was an instrumental outro to the song, it ends abruptly. Same goes for Spotlight, would love if he song faded out with the people just chanting and screaming in a cappella.
      I have to say that's a problem I have with most of the new tracks!

And Miss A Thing is indeed first single material.
      Say Something is like my ultimate Kylie song already, but it feels so different than the rest of the album.
      I guess they picked it as it spoke to that moment in time.
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Fine wine should have definitely been on the standard edition
        You taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll
        I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I’m still formulating my top 5. I will be back tonight with the final list
            Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Enjoying this more and more. I'd love to see Infinite Disco again; I'm so glad I bought a ticket. If she can't tour, I'd love for her to do a second event, then release the two parts commercially to compensate. Hoping she and her team will read this, and that they'll consider it.

'Dance Floor Darling' is absolutely my favourite. Stunning track.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
                Enjoying this more and more. I'd love to see Infinite Disco again; I'm so glad I bought a ticket. If she can't tour, I'd love for her to do a second event, then release the two parts commercially to compensate. Hoping she and her team will read this, and that they'll consider it.

'Dance Floor Darling' is absolutely my favourite. Stunning track.
                I also hope she does something like that again! My coins are ready.

Comment

Still deciding on whether I like Last Chance & Hey Lonely or not
                  Last Chance is my #1!

I don’t see the point of Unstoppable or Spotlight to be honest.
                  Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• 'Unstoppable' is my least favourite. It's the closest thing that the album has to a filler song to me, though I don't mind it.

Comment

• Did you all see Jessie Ware post about a possible future collaboration on her Instagram? That’d be a dream.

On further listens, Miss A Thing is probably the song that would’ve fit most on Jessie’s album, it’s one of the more faithful disco songs - the lush strings help! Last Chance is very Studio 54 too.

Unstoppable belongs on Kiss Me Once, definitely one of the weaker songs. Hey Lonely is my favourite bonus track, I think it has a bit of Fever vibe to it.

Comment

• Hey Lonely is gorgeous. Why it’s a deluxe track is beyond my understanding.
                        I love love love Dance Floor Darling.
                        So many gems on this record.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                          Hey Lonely is gorgeous. Why it’s a deluxe track is beyond my understanding.
                          I love love love Dance Floor Darling.
                          So many gems on this record.
                          I could easily live without DFD. Filler.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Hey Lonely is my favourite bonus track, I think it has a bit of Fever vibe to it.
                            Mine too, though I think it’s slightly more Light Years. I don’t know why but it reminds me of Password

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I could easily live without DFD. Filler.
                              Your loss

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Your loss
                                How? I never said I was living without it

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Ok this is my official top 5:

1. Supernova. THE bop of the album. Amongst the punchiest and fullest sounding production on the record
                                  2. Last Chance. I LOVE this one for some reason. It’s an era worm. The repetition of the chorus really makes it stick.
                                  3. Magic. Another example of really lush sounding production and it sounds more expensive when you listen to it than other tracks.
                                  4. I love it. A bop! Very classic Kylie to me.
                                  5. Dance floor darling. Very cute. When the chorus properly kicks in and you beat drops it comes to life.

notable mention for say something and fine wine. Say something just needs a little bit more to take it over the edge for me. The chorus always lets me down.

Comment

• Amazing album! It's so nice to see an artist who is still highly passionate about their work and not releasing music just for the sake of it. My initial favorites are Say Something, Magic, I Love It and Miss a Thing.
                                    When we lose what we love
                                    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                    When we lose what we love
                                    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• ....wow!!!

Comment

• She seems in her element in the performances this era.

Surprised at a lot of people putting I Love It in their top 5, I'd say it was in the bottom 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                          Did you all see Jessie Ware post about a possible future collaboration on her Instagram? That’d be a dream.

yes, please

I have listened to this in parts only, and my first thought was she should get Daft Punk to produce this, those tracks I've heard scream French Disco/House addition

KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• She’s just released a digital super deluxe version that includes all the remixes and a brand new remix by basement jaxx on her store. She did not come to play!

Comment

• ROXi commercial featuring Dance Floor Darling and Magic.
                                              To be aired in the UK 350m times from this week to December 21st.

Comment

• She is EVERYWHERE this era ugh!

Comment

• Everyone can learn from her!
                                                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

She is EVERYWHERE this era ugh!
                                                    One nice aspect of the pandemic.
                                                    She can film for every country lol.
                                                    Usually the US promo would be happening weeks after release and would have no impact as the buzz would be far gone.

I can hardly keep up with every promo appearance lol.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X