Kylie Minogue - Disco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

I can hardly keep up with every promo appearance lol.
    To be honest, this is how it should be - makes an era much more exciting. I really hope other artists are taking note and that some of the things that have happened during this album campaign (and others) are incorporated into post pandemic promo cycles.

I mean the idea that you could stage a mini concert and sell it to fans was unheard of. Add in a few audience members after the pandemic is over, and the tickets alone should cover the production cost and you can then sell it globally as an exclusive stream.

But I think the idea that you physically need to travel and be everywhere in person is long gone, freeing up artists to do more promo.
    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Imagine if any one of those limited edition cassette covers was the album cover. Urgh. The album cover isn't even that bad when the entire photoshoot is considered, but they really did choose the least flattering shot. If BMG released collector's CDs with those alternative covers (I hope they're reading this), I'd scoop one up in a second. The other shots also compliment the tone of the album far more too.

Comment

• Still sounds great 1 week on! Already my most streamed Kylie album since Aphrodite. I think Kylie's biggest strength, her sincerity and enthusiasm, really makes up for what's lacking in production. The sound of tracks like Magic or Miss A Thing isn't particularly innovative but it works so well because of the melodic twists and Kylie's performance.

When you single out the tracks, they aren't particularly outstanding. But together on an album, it packs quite a punch.
        Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
        Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• This might end up as my fav album of 2020. next to What's your pleasure, Roisin Machine and Chromatica.
          And my fav Kylie album ever.
          1. Disco
          2. X
          3. Fever

My least fav on album is Unstoppable and Celebrate You. Celebrate You sounds like Xmas song...
          The rest is great, pure joy.
          BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
          YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• #1 on the UK album charts. Congrats to her

Comment

• Absolutely chuffed! Highest first week sales of the year, I never expected this album to outsell Golden actually. First female to get a number one album across five decades too.

Comment

• Very deserved

Comment

• Gloria Gaynor is a fan of Kylie's album!
                  https://www.instagram.com/p/CHiicLfB...d=1otvp9cysrgx
                  I’m flashing back on this Friday to serving some major disco vibes in this outfit that I wish I still had in my stage wardrobe! ✨✨ And in true celebration this weekend of all things disco, I’m sending lots of love & blessings to @kylieminogue for keeping the heart, soul, and positivity of #DISCO music alive, SURVIVING, and thriving with her new album! Congratulations on the new music, Kylie, the songs are beautiful!
                  And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• well deserved! she's making music that can not be liked! that's why she's so successful over the decades.

I wonder if she's going to release Infinite Disco on Spotify. I love those live versions posted on youtube
                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Just got my turquoise LP, it is GORGEOUS.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• She should air on TV Infinite Disco in December.
                        That would be great move!
                        BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                        YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                          She should air on TV Infinite Disco in December.
                          That would be great move!
                          During the week leading to Christmas.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I got my signed copy on friday and am so in love with this album. Her best work in years.

Comment

• I don’t know if this was posted elsewhere but the lighting and effects on this are sensational.

When she tours this album we’re in for a treat.

Comment

• ^I think this time around Kylie is totally in her element and the tour -if it happens at some point- will be absolutely insane! If she can pull something like this is in such a little place imagine what she can do on a real stage!
                                And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• If she can't tour, I hope she'll get creative and do some sort of virtual event instead. I think it would be a new and exciting way of promoting instead of the norm. Kylie and BMG are passionate about this album, and we know that they're preparing for a potential tour. I don't think they'll let it go to waste if touring won't be possible.

Comment

• I don't know what it is about Disco but it feels like her best work since Aphrodite in a way, but I and I loved Kiss Me Once more than this album but she's in full form and breaking records. Really happy for the #1 in the UK. I can't wait for newer MVs. Nice record overall

Comment

• Originally posted by jpguy View Post
                                      I don't know what it is about Disco but it feels like her best work since Aphrodite in a way, but I and I loved Kiss Me Once more than this album but she's in full form and breaking records. Really happy for the #1 in the UK. I can't wait for newer MVs. Nice record overall
                                      See... I never rated Aphrodite. I think like all Kylie albums it has it's standout, classic Kylie songs (All The Lovers is one my favourite Kylie songs) and whilst I think Disco has better/more classic Kylie moments, there's just something that feels off with Disco in the same way as Aphrodite.

I just can't understand the love for Supernova. Even live, there's something that just doesn't work for me.

Time for an album ranking I think

1. Magic
                                      2. Last Change
                                      3. I Love It
                                      4. Say Something
                                      5. Where Does The DJ Go?
                                      6. Real Groove
                                      7. Celebrate You
                                      8. Hey Lonely
                                      9. Miss a Thing
                                      10. Till You Love Somebody
                                      11. Monday Blues
                                      12. Fine Wine
                                      13. Dance Floor Darling
                                      14. Supernova
                                      15. Unstoppable
                                      16. Spotlight

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
                                        If she can't tour, I hope she'll get creative and do some sort of virtual event instead. I think it would be a new and exciting way of promoting instead of the norm. Kylie and BMG are passionate about this album, and we know that they're preparing for a potential tour. I don't think they'll let it go to waste if touring won't be possible.
                                        I think there'll be 2021 dates, but perhaps not a huge production. A smaller tour like Madonna could work really well for this album actually, with lots of fancy lighting like the stream... make somewhere really feel like a disco.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Amazon Black Friday Exclusive.

Do I need it? No.
                                          Will I buy it? Absolutely.

Comment

• Supporting Amazon though :/ .
                                            You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                                            I should walk away.
                                            Oh, I should walk away.
                                            But I think I'll stay.
                                            (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

Amazon Black Friday Exclusive.

Do I need it? No.

I really need to listen to this properly to buy this. Looks great!
                                              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Amazon Black Friday Exclusive.

Do I need it? No.
                                                This is so pretty!
                                                See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Oooh is there a link to the Amazon listing for that?? Cant find it on Amazon for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                                                    Oooh is there a link to the Amazon listing for that?? Cant find it on Amazon for some reason.
                                                    It's been quickly available before the album drop but disappeared as it is supposed to be released this Friday or next week I think.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X