Gloria Estefan - Brazil305

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloria Estefan - Brazil305

"Brazil305" will be her new album this summer (August 13th). She was revisiting the music of Brazil. 11 reimagined of her hits ("Conga," "Turn the Beat Around," "Get on Your Feet" or "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You"...) plus 4 new songs.

First single will be "Cuando Hay Amor" (When There's Love). Out June 12th.

She performed and previewed some of the songs that will be included:

- "Samba" (Rhythm Is Gonna Get You)

- "Tu y Yo" (Here We Are Spanish Version). She also released the English Version

Last edited by MintSound; Sat June 6, 2020, 13:36.

great. i think she released "wepa" early

Comment

"Cuando Hay Amor" video is out now.

Last edited by MintSound; Sat June 13, 2020, 19:08.

Comment

Tracklist was leaked

1. Samba (Conga)
        2. O Homen Falou (Spanish) - Nuevo Mundo
        3. Cuts Both Ways
        4. Cuando Hay Amor
        5. Con Los Años Que Me Quedan
        6. Tu y Yo (Here we are)
        7. Hoy
        8. Ayer
        9. Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
        10. Mi Tierra
        11. Don't Wanna Lose You
        12. Hasta Siempre (New Track)
        13. Mas Alla
        14. Abriendo Puertas
        15. Get On Your Feet
        16. Here We Are
        17. O Homen Falou (English) - Only Together
        18. Magalenha (Duet with Carlinhos Brown) and killer dance track

English, Spanish and Portuguese songs.

Comment

"Cuando Hay Amor" is out now on digital.

Comment

It's such a great uplifting summer tune!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimshakes View Post
              It's such a great uplifting summer tune!
              Agree! I like the song, really catchy and fresh. It has that vibe 'Despacito' had.

Comment

Cover and date released was shared on her social media.

She looks amazing!

Comment

Has anyone listened to it already? My inial thought is that it's really over-produced... I also noticed how her vocal range has definitely changed... Quite limited, actually. I vastly prefer the new tracks over the "updated" samba versios of her old hits. "Conga/Samba" is really not great.

Also, I was wondering, does anyone know if physical copies have been released, or is it a digital album only?
                  “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

Brazil305 is a studio album by Cuban-American singer Gloria Estefan, released by Sony Masterworks on August 13, 2020. It is Estefan's first bilingual album as well as her twenty-ninth overall, and consists of re-recorded versions of her greatest hits with Brazilian rhythms upsers account
                    Last edited by Adkins; Mon August 17, 2020, 08:22.

Comment

Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                      Has anyone listened to it already? My inial thought is that it's really over-produced... I also noticed how her vocal range has definitely changed... Quite limited, actually. I vastly prefer the new tracks over the "updated" samba versios of her old hits. "Conga/Samba" is really not great.

Also, I was wondering, does anyone know if physical copies have been released, or is it a digital album only?
                      I listened to a the first "singles" plus Samba. I didn't like any of those, so I'll let the album pass.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I loved Gloria in the 80s and early 90s, but I feel like she's got more and more cheesy in recent years despite a resurgence in latin music, but I still enjoy listening to her early stuff. From what I've heard so far, there's nothing to get too excited about with the reimagined songs.
                        1 Jessie Frye |2 Harry Styles |3 Kelly Rowland|4 Michael Gray |5 Jazmine Sullivan

Comment

I also noticed how her vocal range has definitely changed... Quite limited, actually.
                          Perhaps because she never got her tea set back.

Comment

I used to pretend I was her Bad Boy (until I saw that video lol)

Comment

Gloria's voice has been deteriorated for years. but she is a lot older now so no big surprise there.

Comment

Ugh I just listened to Samba, completely pointless really.

Comment

It shocks me how poorly she performed here, I always thought she was much bigger, Rhythm not top 10, Get On Your Feet not top 20?!
                                  1 Jessie Frye |2 Harry Styles |3 Kelly Rowland|4 Michael Gray |5 Jazmine Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                    It shocks me how poorly she performed here, I always thought she was much bigger, Rhythm not top 10, Get On Your Feet not top 20?!
                                    Well I mean the album that had Rhythm is gonna get you is 4 times platinum in the UK. Her singles were always hit and miss but she sold albums.

Comment

Well, Gloria has now 62 year old. Her vocal range is not the same like in the 80's - 90's obviously. It's ridiculous hear a Gloria, Madonna or Cher looking for the same voice as two decades ago.

I really appreciate that she still has the idea of releasing an album for her audience when she could be in Miami enjoying her iconic legacy at home and face the physical and digital charts at her age and being a woman.
                                      Last edited by MintSound; Sun August 16, 2020, 19:17.

Comment

I've actually been enjoying this album, far more than The Standards which wasn't my thing at all. I love the new tracks along with Ayer, Mas Allá, Hoy...

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                          Where do you live?

Here in the Netherlands, she's had:

1 #1 hit
                                          7 Top 10 hits
                                          14 Top 20 hits
                                          18 Top 40 hits

We were one of the first countries to embrace her back in 1984 with Dr Beat.
                                          She even wrote Conga while staying here.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Im in the UK, I always remember my Dad being a fan of hers when I was younger so maybe I overestimated her success here, though as InFamous has said, it seems she did well with her albums here.

Comment

Fans she has these days are her hardcore ones from 80s-90s and general public who know her music. She has made people forget about her a little.

Comment

Working...
                                              X