Black Eyed Peas - Translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Eyed Peas - Translation

I swear there was a topic for this last week, but it's impossible to find it.

Anyway, the new album by Black Eyed Peas is out. It features artists such as Shakira and Maluma.

01. Ritmo (Bad Boys For Life) (ft. J Balvin)
    02. Feel The Beat (ft. Maluma)
    03. Mamacita (ft. Ozuna and J. Rey Soul)
    04. Girl Like Me (ft. Shakira)
    05. Vida Loca (ft. Nicky Jam & Tyga)
    06. No Manana (t. El Alfa)
    07. Tonta Love (ft. J. Rey Soul)
    08. Celebrate
    09. Todo Bueno (ft. Piso 21)
    10. Duro Hard (ft. Becky G)
    11. Mabuti (ft. French Montana)
    12. I Woke Up
    13. Get Loose Now
    14. Action
    15. News Today

So what do we think about this record? Do we actually think about it?

My favorite so far is the Shakira song.

"Mamacita" samples "La Isla Bonita" by Madonna and it seems like will.i.am has recycled some of "Fergalicious" for "Vida Loca". I hear some "Run The World (Girls)" too (or maybe the song that this song samples ). One thing is for sure, the song samplesMC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This".

This is surprisingly good. It is miles better than Masters of the Sun Vol.1 for me. This Latino oriented vibe seems to work for them as their songs sound a lot more passionate than last time around.

I don't see the LA isla Bonita sample, maybe it is SO obvious that I miss it. The song with Shakira is an easy highlight for me, Maluma falls a bit flat on his song. His last album was stronger than this song, but it is still okay, saved by the sample.

Overall it flows nicely. I am on my fourth listen and still not even slightly bored. This could be a nice summer soundtrack.

Comment

I think it is a great summer playlist album, I enjoy it very much, it is a nice continuation from The Beginning and sounds very current. The only song they should have excluded is the last song, damn that song drags and we all live in this Covid Nightmare, no need to get a reminder after so many bops.
      Masters Of The Sun is underrated though, but wasn't as commercial as this in some aspects

Comment

I enjoy this. It's just a collection of carefree summer bops but it works for me. I can see blasting my cherrypicked highlights from here during summer
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
          I enjoy this. It's just a collection of carefree summer bops but it works for me. I can see blasting my cherrypicked highlights from here during summer
          I actually have to agree, which surprises myself. This is a better album than expected and I even look forward to play this while enjoying the summer.

Comment

Tried this and couldn't get into it. Feels like they're jumping on a bandwagon from two years ago and some of the songs are a bit lazy. BEP used to be the first to formulate new pop sounds (Boom Boom Pow seemingly spearheading the pop-cum-dance wave that followed) but this sounds like they're trying to play catch up.

Comment

Haven't bought an album in a while for the sole reason that there's been no album I felt the urge for to buy it, but recently, I hear 'Mamacita' a lot on the radio and really like it. Would you recommend buying the album, Tansike et. al.?
              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
              and everything you stand for?
              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
              just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

When I hear BEP l remember my pre-teenage years, so carefree and happy. Haven't given them change for a while, but I would listen to this album to give the band a second chance.

Comment

When is this released?
                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                    When is this released?
                    It is already out.
                    Eudaimonia
                    Last.fm
                    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      Haven't bought an album in a while for the sole reason that there's been no album I felt the urge for to buy it, but recently, I hear 'Mamacita' a lot on the radio and really like it. Would you recommend buying the album, Tansike et. al.?
                      Well Mamacita is a good representation for the album imo. All tracks are in that style. Why don't you check it out on Youtube first? They also released a few videos for tracks on here
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

After checking out an album on YT, I most likely wouldn't buy this or any other album because I'd already know the album. I made that mistake with Shakira's 'She Wolf' and Beyoncé's '4' back in the day . I already ordered the album at my CD shop by the way. Hope I'll get to pick it up by the next time we're doing the grocery shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Michiel View Post

It is already out.
                          My bad. Let me check it out
                          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Booklet - 3/10
                            Album as a whole - 9/10
                            Track by track:
                            01. Ritmo (Bad Boys For Life) (ft. J Balvin) - 8/10
                            02. Feel The Beat (ft. Maluma) - 8/10
                            03. Mamacita (ft. Ozuna and J. Rey Soul) - 8/10
                            04. Girl Like Me (ft. Shakira) - 7/10
                            05. Vida Loca (ft. Nicky Jam & Tyga) - 8/10
                            06. No Manana (t. El Alfa) - 8/10
                            07. Tonta Love (ft. J. Rey Soul) - 8/10
                            08. Celebrate - 8/10
                            09. Todo Bueno (ft. Piso 21) - 8/10
                            10. Duro Hard (ft. Becky G) - 8/10
                            11. Mabuti (ft. French Montana) - 8/10
                            12. I Woke Up - 8/10
                            13. Get Loose Now - 8/10
                            14. Action - 7/10
                            15. News Today - 8/10
                            ~ 8/10

Total score: 7/10

Comment

Are you stuck with a parking or speeding ticket in your hand? Do you worry about losing an entire working day? Maybe you are reaching for the due date of the fine and ultimately miss it due to lack of time, leading you to pay extra additional charges. Getting a ticket can lead to annoying side effects whatsoever and that is why the online ticket was introduced. It is quick and easy and can be paid anytime and from anywhere. njmcdirect.com

Comment

Working...
                              X