Sam Smith - Upcoming EP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Smith - Upcoming EP

Sam is going to release a new EP in September.

"Diamonds" and "Love Goes" are rumoured to be tracks on their EP. The latter is a feature with Labrinth
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Why is he releasing an EP? I thought his next album is coming this year?
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I don't like how the album is pushed back while including songs from 2018 (if still included) and now they are releasing an EP.

Comment

I guess only the song that wouldn‘t have been on the album will be on the EP, kinda to make the wait shorter...

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
          Why is he releasing an EP? I thought his next album is coming this year?
          I don't get this release strategy either but it seems that their record label doesn't want to release the album during the pandemic. Sam's still one of their biggest artists.
          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Wondering if the new single "Fix" is gonna be part of it.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
              Wondering if the new single "Fix" is gonna be part of it.
              I think so.
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

This is a mess indeed. His initial album release was May. Then postponed. Now an EP? It should contain all previous singles with new songs. Maybe it’s better he starts a new album and a new era next year
                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

A mess

Comment

Comment

Comment

He released two EP's on Spotify:
                        Dance
                        Heartbreak

Both contain five songs, which we already know. Don't know what's the use of that.

The new song My Oasis is also already available on Spotify. Gonna listen to it later.

Comment

I have to agree: His career handling since 'How Do You Sleep' has been quite messy. Maybe his team is unsatisfied with the material behind the scenes and tries to find a new way to market him. I know I say this about most artists, but I could imagine an 'I Am...Sasha Fierce' type of record working for him with one side being his trademark ballads and the other dance and uptempo songs. What would you say about that?
                          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                          and everything you stand for?
                          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            I have to agree: His career handling since 'How Do You Sleep' has been quite messy. Maybe his team is unsatisfied with the material behind the scenes and tries to find a new way to market him. I know I say this about most artists, but I could imagine an 'I Am...Sasha Fierce' type of record working for him with one side being his trademark ballads and the other dance and uptempo songs. What would you say about that?
                            it's basically the kind of record I wanted them to make since I heard Latch/Omen and later Promises etc.

Comment

My Oasis is a fantastic song.
                              One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

It's a shame, really, because most singles (Dancing With A Stranger, How Do You Sleep?, To Die For...) were all actually really good.

Comment

My most played non-album tracks:

1. Dancing With A Stranger (with Normani)
                                  2. Promises (with Calvin Harris)
                                  3. Fire On Fire (From Watership Down)
                                  4. Party of One (with Brandi Carlile)
                                  5. How Do You Sleep?
                                  6. I'm Ready (with Demi Lovato)
                                  7. To Die For
                                  8. Writing's On The Wall

Still on heavy rotation on my playlist:
                                  9. Fix You - Live
                                  10. My Oasis (feat. Burna Boy)

Comment

My Oasis fits perfectly sonically with How Do You Sleep and Dancing With a Stranger lol, makes me really stratch my head why they go for an EP

Comment

right! My Oasis would have been the perfect follow up for HDYS.

Comment

Working...
                                      X