Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Out October 23rd

B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Great idea - loved watching her during lockdown.

Comment

No tracklist yet but different formats

Ahead of these incredible live dates Sophie will release a new album Songs From The Kitchen Disco on 23rd October, which will be a collection of the songs that soundtracked her lockdown kitchen disco. The album will feature all of Sophie's biggest and best-known disco hits in one place for the first time ever! Available on various colourful and collectable formats (CD, Double Vinyl LP and Tape) the album will include 6 Top 10 hits, including Murder On The Dancefloor and Take Me Home, plus a brand new single to be announced soon.
      B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Comment

oh so greatest hits collection.... I was hoping for another Jessie Ware alike album....
        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

She's someone who is due a Greatest Hits and with her kitchen disco videos doing well during lockdown it makes sense to get one out now. Love the cover!

Apparently she's had to re-record Groovejet... maybe they couldn't get the license?

Comment

What is a Kitchen Disco? Google research didn't help me in that regard...

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
              What is a Kitchen Disco? Google research didn't help me in that regard...
              She has been performing live concerts in her kitchen while in quarantine so I guess she is expanding that idea into an album.

Comment

Such fun! Her children make me laugh.

Comment

Uhm... cringe
                  My last.fm

Comment

i loved her Kitchen Disco series. She came across as such a great Mum on those videos, getting them all involved dressing up etc.. so much fun. Hoping to see her tour next year, seen her live I think 6 times so far...
                    1 Senhit |2 Birdy|3 Hooverphonic|4 Victoria |5 Albina

Comment

Just release a proper greatest hits sophie for goodness sake
                      thank u, next

Comment

Originally posted by shinydiscopaul View Post
                        Just release a proper greatest hits sophie for goodness sake
                        didn't she have one already? I thought so. Or was that the orchestral album I'm think of?

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                          Uhm... cringe
                          Very...

Comment

I loooved watching her kitchen discos during lockdown every Friday!

Comment

Sophie announced on Facebook today she’s recorded a new version of Groovejet with F9 (Freemasons) for this album! That’s exciting!

Comment

Listening to this now and really enjoying it. I sort of dropped off after her third album, but this is part old and new for me. The new Groovejet sounds the same to me

I know things happen as they’re supposed to but I wish she had been bigger than she was for her first few albums. She started really strong with RML but totally lost it with her second album... and then came the babies and massive gaps.

This superstar in the making
                                Tonight she's yours for the taking

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

Don't get the point in the new Groovejet either - the original vocal is better cos it's breezy and effortless whereas this time she sounds like she's straining a few of the notes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                    Don't get the point in the new Groovejet either - the original vocal is better cos it's breezy and effortless whereas this time she sounds like she's straining a few of the notes out.
                                    There must be a rights issue as the original has never been on any of her albums.

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

I only own her Bittersweet album on CD so may be getting this on vinyl this time. Love to see all her greatest songs on one release, espacially fantastic to have my beloved "Today the sun's on us" on vinyl.
                                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post

There must be a rights issue as the original has never been on any of her albums.
                                        That’s true, wasn’t there a live version on Read My Lips.

Spiller probably won’t give the track up as it’s his only income

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

That’s true, wasn’t there a live version on Read My Lips.

Spiller probably won’t give the track up as it’s his only income
                                          Yes, the re-issued version of RML had a live version. I know Sophie isn’t a huge seller, but any sales of the song on her album are better than none - so I’m guessing it’s a label thing rather than Spiller themselves (they’ve let her cover it a few times after all).

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

Anyway, I’m totally waiting for her to do a Christmas Kitchen Disco, which will possibly translate into a Christmas Kitchen Disco album next year?

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

I think she did the new version of groovejet because the only other version available on streaming is the nearly 7 minute long version so she wanted to just get the normal version on streaming in some capacity.
                                              Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

So irritated she left "I Won't Change You" off this record too. The erasure is unreal. It's a Top 10 hit which turned people like ME! into an SEB fanatic back in the days. Unlike the Familia tracks, none of which deserves to be there bar maybe Come With Us.
                                                Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                                                Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

TBH I'm surprised she included Mixed up World, I've seen her live a few times and she's never performed anything from her second album, she kind of ignores the fact it exists, I always put it down to the fact she was in a different relationship at the time of the record, but tbh it's my favourite of her albums.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X