Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    TBH I'm surprised she included Mixed up World, I've seen her live a few times and she's never performed anything from her second album, she kind of ignores the fact it exists, I always put it down to the fact she was in a different relationship at the time of the record, but tbh it's my favourite of her albums.
    I'm glad she did, but it was also on the orchestral album so I guess she must hold the song dear to some level. It's always so appropriate for the times we live in.

It's my favourite too! There's something so distinctly unsettling but melancholic and somewhat resigned about that record, there's nothing quite like it. That said, it's not timid at all, but rather spectral.

I tagged her in a tweet to express my disappointment, I hope she reads it.
    Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
    Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

I enjoyed this walk down memory lane. I still enjoy some of her music.

Comment

She explains in her latest interview with the OCC that she doesn’t have the backing track for I Won’t Change You (she thinks Universal lost the masters to her second album) and she also dislikes the song! That probably explains why it’s missing

Mixed Up World is one of her best ever songs, it still sounds amazing today.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
          She explains in her latest interview with the OCC that she doesn’t have the backing track for I Won’t Change You (she thinks Universal lost the masters to her second album) and she also dislikes the song! That probably explains why it’s missing

Mixed Up World is one of her best ever songs, it still sounds amazing today.
          Universal had a fire in 2008 and supposedly lost master recordings to 17,000 different artists. Her second album is probably gone forever.
          This superstar in the making
          Tonight she's yours for the taking

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

Working...
          X