Jordin Sparks - Sounds Like Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordin Sparks - Sounds Like Me

New EP from Jordin Sparks. No release date yet.

4:30

She could've asked me to design the album cover, I'd love to do it even for free cause that one was really not it.

Let me slide to her DMs real quick with my fanmade cover. She's replied to me twice on Twitter so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
      She could've asked me to design the album cover, I'd love to do it even for free cause that one was really not it.

Let me slide to her DMs real quick with my fanmade cover. She's replied to me twice on Twitter so who knows.
      Help the good sis out, Abi! <3

I'm here for this, obviously.
      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

This cover is terrible!

Jordan is so talented. I hope she gets the success she deserves.
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

terrible cover indeed, hopefully the music makes up for it

Comment

Finally something for JSparksFan to stan on the board.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I loved her first two albums. Hope she will release something as brilliant as Tattoo, One Step At A Time, Battlefield or No Parade.
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I actually quite like the cover.....
                Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                  Finally something for JSparksFan to stan on the board.

Comment

EP drops August 14. Pre-order is up.

So Unknown sounds a little better (idk if it's the weed talking) and I don't hate Red Sangria. It's borderline corner, but it's the poppiest thing she's done in a minute. I think some of you Stans of her first two albums might dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                      EP drops August 14. Pre-order is up.

So Unknown sounds a little better (idk if it's the weed talking) and I don't hate Red Sangria. It's borderline corner, but it's the poppiest thing she's done in a minute. I think some of you Stans of her first two albums might dig it.
                      I checked with the committee and it's a nah.

Still hoping the EP has some good stuff, though!

Comment

• ThaInfo1
                        ThaInfo1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lmaoooo damn.

Jordin doesn't have the charisma & swag to pull "Red Sangria" kinda track. She tried before with "I Am Woman", "Double Tap" and "It Ain't You" or something, and those were tragic.

The best 'Urban' uptempo that she's ever done was "Right Here, Right Now". I felt she was so natural on the song and she sounds mature, and the song doesn't have the swaggy kinda vibe as well so it helps. Also, I remember she had another song with Sage the Gemini called "Gasoline", I think she sounds nice on that as well. That's the furthest Urban-esque vibe that I think still would work within her zone.

Comment

Finally some new music Her first two albums were really great.

Comment

The EP is out and it's actually MUCH BETTER than what I was expecting. "Red Sangria" is EASILY the worst track, idk why they went with that one as the lead.

Aside from "Sangria" and "Unknown", there are two Dance-Pop/Disco-esque jams and two piano Pop ballads.

Comment

Edit: Okay I played the EP while I was half asleep but on second listen when I was truly awake, one of the uptempos wasn't actually THAT Disco-ish and one of the ballads is more like midtempo Pop/R&B; reminiscent of "Next To You" x "Just For The Record". It's cute.

Comment

The Ep is actually really good. Halftime is stunning. Red Sangria is the worst song and I even like that. Her voice is truly underrated
                              Love you like a love song!

Comment

I need to give it another play but it's not bad. Just again, nothing much rememberable.

Comment

• IVyoncé
                                  IVyoncé commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Exactly how I feel

I need to spend more time with this, but "Deja Vu" is sticking with me so far. I really like it.

Comment

This is better than I expected. Her vocals are beautiful, but yeah... She needs musical guidance, otherwise her music career will go nowhere I'm afraid (although in a sense she has reached the heights a lot of other artists only dream off, but we all feel she can do much better than this...). I'm still open to investing time in her, but I'm hoping for a huge leap forward with the next release. A solid full project, with a team supporting her especially in writing and production. I'm not talking about her doing pop power ballads per se, but I want a vision that is executed in a qualitative manner. One that plays to her strenghts. Songs like Red Sangria, albeit little bit catchy I admit, are just beneath her capabilities. This EP is just not it for her... It all feels half-assed and bland (not per se bad).
                                  Eudaimonia
                                  Last.fm
                                  Instagram

Comment

The EP is good, I really enjoy "Mood Swings" So glad she is still doing some music, but I would prefer a new full album.

Comment

Working...
                                    X