No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift - Folklore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still listening to this every day. My fav tracks are August, My Tears Ricochet, Peace, Cardigan, This Is Me Trying, Invisible String, Illicit Affairs, Mad Woman and Betty. Seven is my least favourite track, I don't like the slow parts at all, very grating. Hoax I like, but it feels like the 'So It Goes...' of the album, when the song is finished I completely forgot how it went lol.

I was reflecting about her discography yesterday, which is quite impressive for somebody of her age... I let Folklore sink in a bit, and for now I would rank her albums as such:
    1. Reputation (2017)
    2. Folklore (2020)
    3. Speak Now (2010)
    4. Fearless (2008)
    5. Lover (2019)
    6. Red (2012)
    7. 1989 (2014)
    8. Self-titled (2006)

I know 1989 is kinda low, but I never enjoyed the album as a whole per se, plus it has Shake it off (her worst song ever in my opinion), Welcome To NY and Bad Blood. Kinda loathe all three of them, whereas Out Of The Woods, Blank Space, Style and Clean are probably among her best songs. Other than that it has some fillers. Red is a bit similar, some real gems (All Too Well of course), and some real duds (22 ugh). The top 4 are near perfect albums, with some minor fillers (Filler defined subjectively obviously) (e.g., So It Goes..., Seven, Speak Now). Lover is a nice album, but too superficial in parts and kinda bland, but I like how 'light' and 'playful' it feels and Cruel Summer and The Archer are still played on weekly basis. I do think Lover will be kind of forgotten in time, as it did not have a lot of single success and Folklore just shits all over it. That being said, her last 4 albums are perfectly produced, like they are textbook productions (not in a sense that they feel too polished, I mean Folklore is not that polished, the other 3 are more so). All 4 are just so crisp, and the production plays in a creative manner with her lyrics and ad-libs in a way a lot of artists can only dream off. Reminds me a bit of Lana Del Rey in that sense, although they are quite different as artists (I guess the shared producer plays a role in that lol). The way she structures songs is amazing, all her songs feel like books and fully fleshed out. It is funny how her country background and influences (especially in the way she writes songs) is the 1 main thing that sets her a part of the pack, together with her quality of structuring songs, she breaths melody. Thinking in which time frame she managed to make Folklore, and with that little collaboration is just... astonishing.
    Last edited by Michiel; Sat August 15, 2020, 15:46.
    Eudaimonia
    Last.fm
    Instagram

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• "the lakes" is now available on streaming services.

Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue August 18, 2020, 14:20.
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The Lakes is stunning and very well written (like all the songs). It sounds to me almost like a cousin of some of the prettiest songs on Norman ******* Rockwell
          Fiat 500

Comment

• Love the new song!

Comment

• She's incredibly intelligent! People...it would scare them if they knew how smart she is.
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• ^ Oh wow she is so generous. But I cannot make out Taylor Swift from those squiggles LOL

Comment

• As I keep saying, Taylor Swift is not just talented but also a very nice person. I know there are people who doubt her 'girl next door' image, but after the whole snake thing, I hope that it was enough to even convince the last doubters regarding her authenticity.
                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                    and everything you stand for?
                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• InFamous
                      InFamous commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You have no idea what T Swift is like in real life, you don't know her. This could also just be seen as a way to drive sales as she is in a tight race for the US no 1 this week, if I wanted to look at this from how it may benefit her.

• theMathematician
                      theMathematician commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, you're right about that as well, of course ;) .

• Tracklist:

1. the lakes
                    2. seven
                    3. epiphany
                    4. cardigan
                    5. mirrorball
                    6. exile (feat. Bon Iver)

Comment

• Taylor's outside the box thinking with the signed CDs for indie stores just puts her ahead of the curve with these things.
                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Tracklist:

1. exile (feat. Bon Iver)
                        2. hoax
                        3. my tears ricochet
                        4. illicit affairs
                        5. this is me trying
                        6. mad woman

Comment

• Tracklist:

1. the last great american dynasty
                          2. august
                          3. the 1
                          4. seven
                          5. peace
                          6. betty

Comment

• The best theme <3 Seven and Peace are my favorite songs on the album
                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Weird she has exile and seven twice but no invisible string?
                              "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

Comment

• Obsessed with Mirrorball these days.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I wonder will she push another single. August is an ear worm but Exile has perfect winter vibes
                                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• I haven't been able to get into this record.
                                      I find it quite bland, tbh.
                                      I'll give it a couple of spins and see if anything changes.
                                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• This is the first Taylor CD I actually bought. It is not a record I play over and over again, but it is a perfect record for a Fall day sitting at home watching the rain fall down

Comment

• Taylor will perform "betty" at the ACM Awards!

Comment

• Hit Song betty well seems kinda random or did they sent it to country radio?
                                            But good strategy to perform album tracks
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                              Hit Song betty well seems kinda random or did they sent it to country radio?
                                              But good strategy to perform album tracks
                                              Yes it was sent to country radio on August 17th.

Comment

• First performance of the era: "betty" at the ACM Awards.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  Obsessed with Mirrorball these days.
                                                  My favourite from the album.
                                                  Too Much Music
                                                  Too Much Music @Facebook
                                                  Too Much Music @Twitter
                                                  Scotland Social League

Comment

Working...
                                                  X