No announcement yet.

Melanie C - Melanie C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate this is her best received album for some time now and I'm really pleased she's potentially heading for a top ten debut week, but I just can't get into it. For me, "The Sea" is way ahead in terms of musicality - with the exception of "Fearless" and "Nowhere to Run", it's a very 'samey' album.

Comment

I agree it's a samey album but at least I'm happy she finally is making it to top 10??
      Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

Originally posted by NoAngels View Post
        I agree it's a samey album but at least I'm happy she finally is making it to top 10??
        The album is not samey at all. It has so many varied sounds - Here I Am has a tribal sound, End of Everything is an epic ballad, Nowhere to Run is very moody, Overload is funky, Fearless is R&B, Who I Am is an electro bop, In & Out of Love is light pop, etc.

Comment

Debuts at #8! So happy for Melanie - her first top 10 album in 17 years, her first top 10 album as an independent artist and the first top 10 album by a solo Spice Girl since 2004!
          This superstar in the making
          Tonight she's yours for the taking

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

Originally posted by NoAngels View Post
            Oh definitely. I think how she's been overlooked for so many years is criminal when she throws out so much good music. Even "This Time" had some fantastic turns.

I'm hoping this grows on me, it's just not as instant as her previous efforts for me personally. That's not saying it's a bad album at all, it's very polished for an independent artist like Melanie.

Comment

End of Everything is such a stunner of a song.

Comment

Listening to this, one of the best Pop albums of the year. I love short & sweet albums like this, this has no filler.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                X