Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    Listening to this, one of the best Pop albums of the year. I love short & sweet albums like this, this has no filler.

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied
    End of Everything is such a stunner of a song.

Leave a comment:

• Thombus
    replied
    Originally posted by NoAngels View Post
    I agree it's a samey album but at least I'm happy she finally is making it to top 10??
    Oh definitely. I think how she's been overlooked for so many years is criminal when she throws out so much good music. Even "This Time" had some fantastic turns.

I'm hoping this grows on me, it's just not as instant as her previous efforts for me personally. That's not saying it's a bad album at all, it's very polished for an independent artist like Melanie.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Debuts at #8! So happy for Melanie - her first top 10 album in 17 years, her first top 10 album as an independent artist and the first top 10 album by a solo Spice Girl since 2004!

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied
    Originally posted by NoAngels View Post
    I agree it's a samey album but at least I'm happy she finally is making it to top 10??
    The album is not samey at all. It has so many varied sounds - Here I Am has a tribal sound, End of Everything is an epic ballad, Nowhere to Run is very moody, Overload is funky, Fearless is R&B, Who I Am is an electro bop, In & Out of Love is light pop, etc.

Leave a comment:

• NoAngels
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Thombus
    replied
    I appreciate this is her best received album for some time now and I'm really pleased she's potentially heading for a top ten debut week, but I just can't get into it. For me, "The Sea" is way ahead in terms of musicality - with the exception of "Fearless" and "Nowhere to Run", it's a very 'samey' album.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
    Its Metacritic score is actually up to 74, which is VERY respectable: https://www.metacritic.com/music/melanie-c/melanie-c

This is my album of the year, hands down.
    Up to 76 now.

And that taking into account they have not included the good “The Guardian” review (yet).

Leave a comment:

• freeme
    replied
    She can be still current with the right team. The album is solid.

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied
    Originally posted by Loose View Post

Well, an average of 63/100 on Metacritic isn‘t outstanding at all.
    Its Metacritic score is actually up to 74, which is VERY respectable: https://www.metacritic.com/music/melanie-c/melanie-c

This is my album of the year, hands down.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    She’s #7 in the midweeks. If she can hold on, it’ll be her first top 10 album in 17 years and first since setting up her own label. It’ll also be the first solo Spice album since 2004 to hit the top 10.

I want this so much for her - she’s seriously delivered this time around.

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
    Well, an average of 63/100 on Metacritic isn‘t outstanding at all.

After listening to self-titled myself I am pleasantly surprised but not amazed. It’s an overall well-composed pop record that is definitely a bit more consistent than previous albums.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    really great and solid album

Leave a comment:

• MintSound
    replied
    This is one of her best albums along with The Sea and Nothern Star.

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied
    The reviews are glowing: Melanie C’s New Studio Album Receives Rave Reviews, Hailed As Her Best Work

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    I cant stop listening to this, it might be her best album after Northern Star.

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    End of Everything is one hell of an album closer!
    I know, right? It is a real tear-jerker. The lyrics are so moving and the production is simply lush.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    End of Everything is one hell of an album closer!

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    It's a cute album.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Solid album! "Overload" is my fav I think.

Leave a comment:

• jason2379
    replied
    I’ll give this a whirl as I’m a big fan of some of the songs she’s released from it!

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    It's a great album, glad she's finally back! I don't think it tops "The Sea" for me but yes, her best in a long time!

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by nekoocz View Post
    On first listen it’s very nice and easy to listen, however as she released 5 songs prior I wish there were 2-3 more songs.
    There’s a deluxe version with 3 more songs but it hasn’t been added to streaming (one of which is a cover of Touch Me by Rui da Silva). Give it a few weeks and she might add them as they aren’t even on iTunes, but clearly she wanted to encourage fans to buy the physical deluxe version to increase sales.

Personally I’m also tagging High Heels to it, pushing the album up to 14 tracks - a nice album length.

Leave a comment:

• nekoocz
    replied
    On first listen it’s very nice and easy to listen, however as she released 5 songs prior I wish there were 2-3 more songs.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    This is brilliant, easily her best work since Northern Star.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X