Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UKMIX Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums of the 2000s (VOTING OPENS!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKMIX Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums of the 2000s (VOTING OPENS!)

Welcome!
    Hello everyone! It's the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Album of the 2000s.
    We've just finished the 2010s countdown last month so I guess why not do another one due to popular demand?

Actually, we've done this countdown before back in 2010 but I'd say let's just do it one more time as the 2020 edition. It'd also be great if this can kind of reunite many R&B & Hip-Hop fans here who have been missing for months.

Rules
    1. Listen to your favorite R&B/Hip-Hop albums of the 2000's again, rank them from #1 (favorite) to #40 (least favorite), then PM the list to me.
    2. You may submit up to 40 albums (max) and a minimum of 15 albums.
    3. Remember the genre. They have to be within the category of Urban music, including R&B, Hip-Hop, Soul, Trap, Reggae, etc. The term ‘Urban’ has been used so widely these days so I’m going to leave it open for you guys to decide which albums to vote. Albums that are less ‘Urban’ will probably end up with just fewer votes.
    4. The album must have been released between the dates of January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2009.
    5. You can also put some comments & list your favorite songs from each album you vote, just for fun.
    6. PM your list to me, please do not post it on this thread until the countdown is over. You are also allowed to revise your list before the deadline.
    7. The deadline is September 30, 2020 (as for now).

-

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can we have a list of the albums we can vote for?
    It would be too much work for me to list all the possible albums but I'll help by posting a list of albums that I have compiled.
    You can also refer to the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop year-end charts or various other lists from professional critics.

Can I vote for non-English albums that belong to Urban/R&B, i.e. K-Pop or Latin Pop?
    Of course, why not.

How about EP’s & mixtapes?
    Yes. As long as it contains at least 5 original songs.

Remix & live albums?
    No please.​

J to tha L–O! The Remixes?
    Okay so honestly I'm not quite familiar with this album. How many of these 'remixes' are actually new new songs? If there's more than 5 then sure, you can vote for it.

Some album recommendations (you may vote for albums that are not on this list):

R&B & Hip-Hop (and related) albums released from 2000-2009:
    (in alphabetical order)

Spoiler!
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by abi; Yesterday, 23:33.

Comment

Tagging everyone from the last countdown.

Loose mattsky heppolo Erotica Ivica UndercovaSista Mugen LongingHeart RayRay Marchum quilmrt Leo Thriller Noahh BeeBoy cheapthrills Rihab TIfan ThaInfo1 Ruthymon Tansike DnBLover bm08 Jonathan NormiMalone beredy dylonj Michiel JSparksFan minime Goldmoney Carbon Ska8er Loveguru
      Preyoncé

Everybody else is welcome of course!
      Last edited by abi; Thu July 30th, 2020, 16:59.

Comment

Spoiler: Beyonce wins!
        ​​​​​​
        ​​
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
          Spoiler: Beyonce wins!
          ​​​​​​
          ​​
          Not when Goldmoney has been promoting "We Belong Together" here for the past 5 years (and it honestly works for me). But who knows though, I feel like for her first three solo albums, fans have different opinions regarding which one is Bey's better album.

Comment

^ But E=MC2 >>>>>> Emancipation

Comment

Whaaaaat?! Omg omg omg!!

This is even more exciting than the previous countdown and has got LESS Beyoncé albums eligible too!

ouff it will take ages to make my list.
              YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

abi Christina Aguilera‘s Stripped must be listed as it’s at least 50% urban.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                  abi Christina Aguilera‘s Stripped must be listed as it’s at least 50% urban.
                  Is it really though? I'll give it another listen.

Also, regarding your fave's Loose album, I was planning to include it based on the singles alone but I checked out the album for the first time the other day and it's honestly a lot more Pop than I was expecting so I didn't end up adding it.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post

Is it really though? I'll give it another listen.

Also, regarding your fave's Loose album, I was planning to include it based on the singles alone but I checked out the album for the first time the other day and it's honestly a lot more Pop than I was expecting so I didn't end up adding it.
                    No more than JT's FurureSex/LoveSounds. And Stripped should be here for sure.

Comment

Stripped contains SO much R&B!

- Can‘t Hold Us Down
                      - Walk Away
                      - Loving Me 4 Me
                      - Impossible
                      - Underappreciated
                      - Get Mine, Get Yours
                      - Keep On Singin‘ My Song

It NEEDS to be eligible. After all it’s much more urban than other records that were on the poppier side as well.

Comment

Alright alright y'all. Added both Stripped & Loose, the headline says "R&B & Hip-Hop (and related)" afterall and it's been awhile since the last time I listened to Stripped so I kinda forgot how it sounded like.

Again, it's up to y'all whether to vote for these borderline Pop albums or not just like the last countdown.

Comment

^ But E=MC2 >>>>>> Emancipation
                          I actually agree with this, but Emancipation has too much sentimental value for many long-time fans. I think this is a countdown for second place.

I'll try to send my list this weekend!
                          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

Comment

Are we aloud to hand in little comments along our votes? I never got quoted during the last countdown and was lowkey sour about that.

Comment

Are we aloud to hand in little comments along our votes? I never got quoted during the last countdown and was lowkey sour about that.
                              I know. I made comments for my Top 10 and few did make it into the countdown. Shame that lower ranking albums didn't get comments. I'd be interested to hear most of sumups from people who bothered to write them.

Comment

Loose beredy Yes you are allowed! Actually only beredy did the last time as far as I could remember. I legit had to browse through all each album's pages to find proper comments. Which was why I didn't include for the lower ranking albums, lol sorry. <3

Comment

I was planning to quote you Loose for Aquarius since it's your #1 but couldn't find any proper comment in the album thread. I didn't know y'all felt this strong.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                    I was planning to quote you Loose for Aquarius since it's your #1 but couldn't find any proper comment in the album thread. I didn't know y'all felt this strong.
                                    Haha no worries. I make sure to send you some comments for my Top 10 albums at least.

Comment

Haha no worries. I make sure to send you some comments for my Top 10 albums at least.
                                      Can we agree to both use "Despite some people disputing the r'n'b status of the album..." for Stripped?

Comment

Can we agree to both use "Despite some people disputing the r'n'b status of the album..." for Stripped?
                                        Ahahaha what a great idea!!

Comment

Oh wow, I didn't expect this.

I also just realized that I never thanked abi at the end of the previous countdown. Awesome job, and I obviously loved the Top 2.

This is going to be difficult
                                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• abi
                                            abi commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Thanks!

Any suggestion how to bring all of these R&B fans back? I legit miss everyone. I thought this one would do it but now I don't think it will.

Comment

I will definitely vote! But I doubt anything can bring back people to the forum sadly
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

DOn't forget about:

Khia - Thug Misses
                                              Khia - Gangstress
                                              Khia - Nasi Muzik

Trina - Still Da Baddest
                                              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• abi
                                                abi commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Of course, the ultimate Khia stan! Just added.

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                              I will definitely vote! But I doubt anything can bring back people to the forum sadly
                                              I guess you're right. Even the Black Is King thread is basically just the 3 or 4 of us chatting with each other.

Comment

I'll vote later.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I'll vote, but can you remind me closer to the deadline? I don't have the bandwidth to narrow this down right now.

Comment

cheapthrills No worries! I'm going to spam the heck out of y'all inboxes as usual.

Comment

Since we're UKMix, I also point out UK acts like The Streets', Dizzee Rascal, Lethal Bizzle, So Solid Crew, Example, Wiley, etc.
                                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                                                        Since we're UKMix, I also point out UK acts like The Streets', Dizzee Rascal, Lethal Bizzle, So Solid Crew, Example, Wiley, etc.
                                                        Thanks! I'll look up them on Wikipedia and add them tomorrow. Not familiar at all with the UK/European scene.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X