Mariah Carey - The Rarities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post

The track times confirm that the fourth track is indeed Everything Fades Away!
    I can't believe that she considers that rare lol. Does she really think any fan doesn't have it / heard it a million times ?

Comment

It was only officially released in the US on the Hero maxi single. Elsewhere, only on the European, Japanese, and Australian editions of Music Box so I think it does deserve its worldwide release on this. All three B-sides do. They were some of her favourite tracks that weren’t allowed to be on their respective albums. Now they have a home and certain fans can replace their low quality YouTube rips with the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        It was only officially released in the US on the Hero maxi single. Elsewhere, only on the European, Japanese, and Australian editions of Music Box so I think it does deserve its worldwide release on this. All three B-sides do. They were some of her favourite tracks that weren’t allowed to be on their respective albums. Now they have a home and certain fans can replace their low quality YouTube rips with the real thing.
        Depends on your perspective i guess but songs that are out there on certain editions and on b sides aren't rare to me. EFA is on my edition of Music Box and it's always been one of my favourite Mariah tracks.
        I'm looking forward to Lullaby of Birdland, really enjoyed her tour versions of that.

Comment

Well she's right that they are rare. Just because fans illegally uploaded and downloaded the tracks doesn't mean they aren't to be considered rare. Also rare =/= unreleased.

I also think it will make a big difference for people who form playlists via streaming services.
          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
          See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
            Well she's right that they are rare. Just because fans illegally uploaded and downloaded the tracks doesn't mean they aren't to be considered rare. Also rare =/= unreleased.

I also think it will make a big difference for people who form playlists via streaming services.
            I agree. Do people think illegal copies constitute the label and artist not considering legal copies as being rare?
            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Do You Think Of Me leading into Everything Fades Away is worth the admission price alone, even without the rarer treats.

It will finally right the wrong of how Music Box standard edition should have ended.

This ain't gon be easy

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Good point, I hadn't considered it from a streaming point of view.

Comment

Tracklist:

1. Here We Go Round Again
                  2. Can You Hear Me
                  3. Do You Think Of Me
                  4. Everything Fades Away
                  5. All I Live For
                  6. One Night
                  7. Slipping Away
                  8. Out Here On My Own
                  9. Loverboy - Firecracker Original Version
                  10. I Pray
                  11. Cool on You
                  12. Mesmerized
                  13. Lullaby of Birdland
                  14. Save The Day
                  15. Close My Eyes

Comment

Can't wait to hear the Firecracker version of 'Loverboy'
                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin View Post
                      Can't wait to hear the Firecracker version of 'Loverboy'
                      That's the one I'm most excited about.
                      There, I said it lol
                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Updated with the latest CD back cover. Exclusive bundles and box sets at her store

Comment

I'm so excited for this.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Really looking forward to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post

That's the one I'm most excited about.
                              There, I said it lol
                              I'm with you

Comment

Wish we could've gotten a scrap from around the butterfly/rainbow era.

Nevertheless so ready for this.

Comment

A snippet of Here We Go Around Again

Comment

Jackson 5 vibe, I like.
                                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

The second release, "Out Here On My Own"

Comment

She should’ve named her book the same as the album or vice versa

Comment

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                                          One if them is a memoir, the other one is unreleased material. Why would they be titled the same?

Mariah Carey - My Life: The Leftovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchum View Post

One if them is a memoir, the other one is unreleased material. Why would they be titled the same?

Mariah Carey - My Life: The Leftovers.
                                            Lmfao

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Why would she call her book The Rarities ? Or an album of Rarities The Meaning of Mariah Carey ?

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Why would she call her book The Rarities ? Or an album of Rarities The Meaning of Mariah Carey ?
                                                Well she got away with E=MC2

Comment

Well she got away with E=MC2
                                                  That was a play on Emancipation and Mariah Carey.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

That was a play on Emancipation and Mariah Carey.
                                                    And I think it was cute. Emancipation to the second power

Comment

Working...
                                                    X