Doja Cat - Planet Her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
    I assume the collab with Abel will be on his next project too? It's weird for him to be the only feature credited as a lead.
    Maybe. Or it could be just to emphasize that they both have the equal bills; a proper duet, just like "Beautiful Liar", "No Air" or "My Boo" where both artists are credited as leads.

Comment

Awwww I miss Whip on that tracklist.

Ain‘t Shit probably is what was originally listed as Niggas Ain‘t Shit (N.A.S.).
      What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

Tracklisting looks yummy af. Bring it own, Amala.

Comment

Way sooner than expected - and woah, stunning album cover!

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
            Way sooner than expected - and woah, stunning album cover!
            It was finished in November to be fair
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

coming

Comment

Love the cover! can't wait to hear the Ariana, and The Weeknd collaborations.
                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Album cover is DOPE. Doesn’t beat Hot Pink though but it slayyyys

Comment

Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

Quite excited for this!
                      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

she's on a roll. Kiss Me More is stable at the top 10 on the Hot 100, gaining a big amount of streams and now Need to Know is coming to slay. Cannot wait for the album!!!! and the album cover??? TOP OF THE TOPSSSS

Comment

Need to Know is a banger. Can't wait for this album.

Comment

I bet this will be a very mellow record. Probably without the head-turning bangers but with chilled midtempos like Need To Know and Kiss Me More.

Comment

First review is up: https://www.google.ch/amp/s/abcnews....trong-78442192

Comment

Snippets!

You Right sounds the best out of em all

Comment

Incredibly versatile record. It should stick for a while.

God praise her for that HYMN that is Alone!! All my fighters out there will find great comfort in that song.

Another highlight is You Right. And I love the craziness of Get Into It (Yuh).

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                    I agree with the top line of this as I listened to the first few songs and got bored and turned it off. I’ll give a go later.
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I had a couple spins by now. So far my standouts are:

#1 - You Right
                                      #2 - Alone
                                      #3 - Get Into It (Yuh)
                                      #4 - Need To Know
                                      #5 - Been Like This

Not a big fan of Payday and Imagine. They don’t do it 4 me.

Comment

I enjoyed Woman the most on first listen. The production throughout the album is quite good but a little samey, a typical problem with today's Hip-Hop releases.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                                          I enjoyed Woman the most on first listen. The production throughout the album is quite good but a little samey, a typical problem with today's Hip-Hop releases.
                                          Really?! i think the first 3 songs are quite mediocre.

Comment

That gahdamn flow of hers is immense. I finally see the Kendrick Lamar comparison.

In regards to the album...eh it's decent. From the initial 2 spins, I think I prefer Hot Pink, but even then that album grew on me more and more as well. I'll give this more time.

My favs:
                                            Get Into It (Ode to Ponytail)
                                            Need To Know
                                            I don't do drugs (grew on me the second play)
                                            You Right
                                            Been Like This
                                            Options
                                            Imagine

Payday is a disappointment and a waste of a Thugga feature tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post

Really?! i think the first 3 songs are quite mediocre.
                                              I enjoy the Afrobeat vibe of Woman and lyrically, it has one of the better subjects on the album to represent the theme.

Another song that stood out was I Don't Do Drugs, it is more subtle than I imagined from the title but it coasts along quite nicely and I could see it working as a single.

Comment

Okay so just wanted to chime in and say I really enjoyed this album. I don't love it yet but I really like a couple of tracks after a few listens.

Overall it's very vibey & dreamy and I do think it could sound a little too samey after a while, reminiscent of Ariana's Positions in some way but her melodies are hella catchy and I really like her 'animated' flow & delivery in some of the tracks.

"Woman" is cute and it kinda reminds me of "Ja Ara E" from Beyonce's The Gift album. Her cadence in "Imagine" reminds me of that one Ariana/Victoria Monet track. These two are cute but my favorites have to be "Love To Dream", "Your Right" (this is a vibe, Abel sounds great too wish he had more parts but the video is somehow disappointing imo), "Options" & "Ain't Shit". "Alone" & "Need To Know" are cute too. That Ariana collabo is zzz.

Comment

Imagine is by far my least favorite song. Why is it even on the album?

She should have put Whip on it instead. That one is fiiiire

Comment

I really like all the tracks on the album.It's better than Hot Pink for me.Good job Doja

Comment

Working...
                                                    X