7. Under My Skin
    8. Heartbreak In This City
    9. Come And Dance With Me
    10. Don't You Leave Us Halfway
    11. To The One
    12. Hold My Heart

Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Exciting indeed - just need some food pop music right now :-)

Comment

They’re going all out again:

#FreeBritney

Comment

Wow! So many physical editions. They're not playing.

I reeeally enjoyed the Tears on the Dancefloor era, so I'm really looking forward to this new album.

Comment

With this being released in November 2020 and the tour November 2021, I suspect there’s a planned re-release for summer 2021.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post
            Wow! So many physical editions. They're not playing.

I reeeally enjoyed the Tears on the Dancefloor era, so I'm really looking forward to this new album.
            TOADF was their best album, so I have high hopes for this. It takes a special act special to return to the pop better than they were during their original stint.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Wow! The exclusive versions are absolutely looking good! What a tastefully well curated package! It seems Kylie and Steps are the race on snatching the best pop album of the 2020! Woohoo... i feel like I’m living in the 90s again lol
              Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Aside from the outstanding Sia penned debut single we are also having Greg Kurstin to handle the production of the new album! Sounds absolutely outstanding
                Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

This new one, Hold My Heart has an identical chorus to Born To Make You Happy.
                  1 Jessie Frye |2 Harry Styles |3 Kelly Rowland|4 Michael Gray |5 Jazmine Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by oaknuys View Post
                    Aside from the outstanding Sia penned debut single we are also having Greg Kurstin to handle the production of the new album! Sounds absolutely outstanding
                    FAKE NEWS!

Greg Kurstin didn't produce anything on the album. He just co-wrote the title track.

Comment

I’m so hyped for this on Friday.

Their last album was the best of their career so my expectations are high. I can’t wait to figure out what the next single is, although I suspect that’ll be it... until their (presumed) 2021 reissue with single 4?

Im also looking forward to hearing ‘To The Beat of My Heart’ which as 11 songwriters

‘Heartbreak in This City’ is also co-written by Karl Twigg, who used to be their producer and co-wrote their biggest hits - One For Sorrow, Deeper Shade of Blue, Stomp etc. So I have big expectations for this one!

#FreeBritney

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post

FAKE NEWS!

Greg Kurstin didn't produce anything on the album. He just co-wrote the title track.
                        Perhaps the news got developed from the early days of the album’s announcement; I remember i read about it on an entertainment based website.

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                          I’m so hyped for this on Friday.

Their last album was the best of their career so my expectations are high. I can’t wait to figure out what the next single is, although I suspect that’ll be it... until their (presumed) 2021 reissue with single 4?

Im also looking forward to hearing ‘To The Beat of My Heart’ which as 11 songwriters

‘Heartbreak in This City’ is also co-written by Karl Twigg, who used to be their producer and co-wrote their biggest hits - One For Sorrow, Deeper Shade of Blue, Stomp etc. So I have big expectations for this one!
                          That is my most anticipated album of the year! Lets see how it goes; but based on the new songs I’m sure it will be a top class release! I just hope they experience some decent exposure and success from the British market as they deserve every bit of that. I love them all and I dearly hope they got that much needed success all over again. Something in Your Eyes is easily my favorite tune of the year!

Comment

That is my most anticipated album of the year! Lets see how it goes; but based on the new songs I’m sure it will be a top class release! I just hope they experience some decent exposure and success from the British market as they deserve every bit of that. I love them all and I dearly hope they got that much needed success all over again. Something in Your Eyes is easily my favorite tune of the year!
                            I really want them to grab a #1 but it’s very unlikely. Gary Barlow (mums), Miley (teens) and Steps (gays) all have very different fan bases and it could be any of them at the top.

I don’t see Gary’s fans buying more than one copy of his album (but he has a lot of fans) and Steps have 9 different physical versions for sale, in addition to digital sales and streams. No idea about Miley, but I guess most of her fans will stream the album anyway, whereas Steps will get about 10 sales from that.

I’m not convinced they can do it, but hopefully they can prove me wrong. I do expect top 3 though!

#FreeBritney

Comment

It will be an interesting battle for them - I know Gary Barlow has a Strictly performance lined up.

Their sales should be decent, hopefully pushing 35k, but not sure they'll manage #1 this time.

Comment

Hmm this is shaping up to be quite fascinating; I really hope Steps tops the charts this week. They have a new preorder track to be released tomorrow; guess they want to give it one final push before the Friday’s main release. I like Gary’s music a lot but the duet with two other singers was hideous and also Miley & Dua’s song is surprisingly weak as well; hope Steps win the hearts of everyone and get that No.1

Comment

Who would have thought Steps would be in a chart battle with Gary Barlow in 2020 though, and we would all still care in our 30s?

#FreeBritney

Comment

Who would have thought Steps would be in a chart battle with Gary Barlow in 2020 though, and we would all still care in our 30s?
                                    Lol almost hitting 40 soon lol still i love my favorites from 80s and 90s the most; i just read the track by track review and the full album review as two separate articles on Entertainment Focus and it all sounds absolutely stellar and truly promising! I really hope they get that No.1! Btw... no on really talked about What The Future Holds album version that is coming as the last track of the album... I’m sure it has that removed verse by Lisa that was heard on the rmx version of it; but I’m personally hoping the album version turns out to be a ballad take of it though.

Comment

‘To The Beat of My Heart’ is out now! Giving me ‘Summer of Love’ vibes. It’s got a real 90s/2000 quality to it actually. I don’t want to say ‘cheapness’, but why it took 11 people to write this I’ve no idea

#FreeBritney

Comment

Lol they are at full steam promotions on their social media platforms! It’s getting hectic!

Comment

Lol they are at full steam promotions on their social media platforms! It’s getting hectic!
                                          ... and Gary Barlow has just announced a ‘signed Christmas card’ bundle. I love a good old chart battle

#FreeBritney

Comment

... and Gary Barlow has just announced a ‘signed Christmas card’ bundle. I love a good old chart battle
                                            Lloll lets see how it rolls! I’m super excited

Comment

First listen!

What The Future Holds - Single Mix 9/10
                                              Something in Your Eyes 11/10
                                              Clouds 7/10
                                              To The Beat of My Heart 8/10
                                              Father’s Eyes 6/10
                                              One Touch 8/10
                                              Under My Skin 8/10
                                              Heartbreak In This City 9/10
                                              Come and Dance With Me 7/10
                                              Don’t You Leave Us Halfway 8/10
                                              To The One 7/10
                                              Hold My Heart 7/10

95/120 = 79%

It’s a solid pop album. Very Steptacular/Buzz. It’s not as instant as Tears on The Dancefloor but I never thought it would be - that album was so brilliant I’d have been shocked if they could have topped that.

All the best songs have been released (well, What The Future Holds and Something In Your Eyes) and I’m really struggling to work out what could be single 3 and 4.

I’m pretty annoyed at the album version of What The Future Holds - it offers nothing more than an extra 2 line verse. Either it’s part of the song or its not. I’ll probably untag it as they’ll probably never perform the album version.

Something In Your Eyes is the best song on the album by a mile. It’s a lot mellower than the last album, and there are some very strange production choices when a song gets to the chorus on some songs - instead of exploding into pop godliness they sort of end up a tab bit flat. Not bad, just odd.

If you had told little 10 year old me I’d be staying up past midnight to listen to a new Steps album in my 30s... I might have believed you, but I’m surprised still nonetheless

#FreeBritney

Comment

Okay Steps aren’t playing - they’ve just launched a signed Christmas card bundle too

#FreeBritney

Comment

First listen!

What The Future Holds - Single Mix 9/10
                                                  Something in Your Eyes 11/10
                                                  Clouds 7/10
                                                  To The Beat of My Heart 8/10
                                                  Father’s Eyes 6/10
                                                  One Touch 8/10
                                                  Under My Skin 8/10
                                                  Heartbreak In This City 9/10
                                                  Come and Dance With Me 7/10
                                                  Don’t You Leave Us Halfway 8/10
                                                  To The One 7/10
                                                  Hold My Heart 7/10

95/120 = 79%

It’s a solid pop album. Very Steptacular/Buzz. It’s not as instant as Tears on The Dancefloor but I never thought it would be - that album was so brilliant I’d have been shocked if they could have topped that.

All the best songs have been released (well, What The Future Holds and Something In Your Eyes) and I’m really struggling to work out what could be single 3 and 4.

I’m pretty annoyed at the album version of What The Future Holds - it offers nothing more than an extra 2 line verse. Either it’s part of the song or its not. I’ll probably untag it as they’ll probably never perform the album version.

Something In Your Eyes is the best song on the album by a mile. It’s a lot mellower than the last album, and there are some very strange production choices when a song gets to the chorus on some songs - instead of exploding into pop godliness they sort of end up a tab bit flat. Not bad, just odd.

If you had told little 10 year old me I’d be staying up past midnight to listen to a new Steps album in my 30s... I might have believed you, but I’m surprised still nonetheless
                                                  Thats awesome that you have listened to it and reviewed it already; i will buy it later today but so far the previews sound quite interesting. I already like it more than Disco! Obviously Something In Your Eyes is the absolute best of the album, (its my fav track of the year after all); but I still have to listen to the whole album and try to guess the next single out of those remaining tracks.

btw... the album is rocking at No.1 in uk iTunes charts; miley is at no.2 and gary is at no.5! Any chances to get that number one now?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X