X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Interesting they didn’t bother to make an actual video unless that’s coming later?
    My two cents is they intended that to be the music video when they filmed it (with extra footage, of course), but weren't happy with the result and they chose to make it a "lyric video" instead...

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Interesting they didn’t bother to make an actual video unless that’s coming later?

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    I think the TTBOMH single is out tomorrow, video coming too?
    Lyric video has landed.

To be honest, had they included a band performance on the chorus parts, it would have worked well as the actual video.

Leave a comment:

• ludichris
    replied
    To the Beat of My Heart should have been the lead single! I love WTFH but TTBOMH is Steps on steroids and has quite a few hooks loaded in it to hum to.

I also love Clouds and One Touch and feel they are underrated, especially the latter.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I think the TTBOMH single is out tomorrow, video coming too?

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by CanYouKeepUp View Post
    So the new single is To The Beat of My Heart - good choice!

I’m loving Don’t You Leave Us Halfway at the minute. I also really like Heartbreak in This City but does anyone feel like the chorus and the verses are like 2 different songs stitched together?
    I want Heartbreak in This City as single #4! Yes it sounds like 2 different songs and that key change was annoying at first, but I’m a Girls Aloud stan - I’m used to songs made from different songs

The video for To The Beat of My Heart was shot in November in an arcade in Blackpool. I suppose there’ll be lots of dance revolution machines being used!

Leave a comment:

• CanYouKeepUp
    replied
    So the new single is To The Beat of My Heart - good choice!

I’m loving Don’t You Leave Us Halfway at the minute. I also really like Heartbreak in This City but does anyone feel like the chorus and the verses are like 2 different songs stitched together?

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Can't stop listening to the album. To the best of my heart is my current fav.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    Oh and I don’t think Lee has ever looked better than he has during this album campaign
    Same!!

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Oh and I don’t think Lee has ever looked better than he has during this album campaign

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Something In Your Eyes was good at the Royal Variety - Lisa’s “big note” near the end was hilarious, she looked so happy with herself.
    Lisa is such a pop star. She gave her all and that’s all we can ask! I love the way she struts like she’s the biggest star in the world though.

Incidentally, I hadn’t realised her performing arts academy in Dubai was anything more than a vanity project, but it’s actually quite big, which terms, uniforms and exams etc. Apparently she’s known as ‘Miss Lisa’ which frankly, sounds like a great solo album title

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Something In Your Eyes was good at the Royal Variety - Lisa’s “big note” near the end was hilarious, she looked so happy with herself.

Leave a comment:

• CanYouKeepUp
    replied
    You know, they might end up selling exactly the same as last time

Im really shocked at Miley - I really thought she had a big fan base. Ball and Boe can bugger off and so can Gary - I listened to a few songs and I just don’t get it. Though I like the Christmas version of Incredible.

I’ve listened to this Steps album almost 30 times now and I just love it. Honestly, I really, really miss 2000s British pop music. It was just so joyous and happy-go-lucky. No one does this anymore and it’s so annoying.

That period from the late 90s to maybe 2003 before the RnB explosion happened was so much fun. Every week someone you liked had a new song out and you had to pick between CD1 with a b-side or CD2 with a free poster. You would discover new music from your favs by watching music video channels, often spending an hour hopping through channels looking for the one you wanted to watch. There’d be legitimate chart battles for the #1 and you had to wait until Sunday to find out how everyone had done, hoping you could tune your hi-fi antenna to a spot that wouldn’t cut out at the crucial moment... only to discover Bob The Builder was #1. But there was room for everyone. Ageism hasn’t quite set in and Blondie, Cher and Madonna could grab a #1. Tom Jones could release a song called Sex Bomb and the kids would lap it up. Then there were all your 1 hit wonders - I can’t imagine a song like Mambo No. 5 hitting #1 nowadays.

I’ve gone off on a tangent but if you’re in a Steps thread, you know exactly what I mean
    I absolutely agree with all of this lol.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    You know, they might end up selling exactly the same as last time

Im really shocked at Miley - I really thought she had a big fan base. Ball and Boe can bugger off and so can Gary - I listened to a few songs and I just don’t get it. Though I like the Christmas version of Incredible.

I’ve listened to this Steps album almost 30 times now and I just love it. Honestly, I really, really miss 2000s British pop music. It was just so joyous and happy-go-lucky. No one does this anymore and it’s so annoying.

That period from the late 90s to maybe 2003 before the RnB explosion happened was so much fun. Every week someone you liked had a new song out and you had to pick between CD1 with a b-side or CD2 with a free poster. You would discover new music from your favs by watching music video channels, often spending an hour hopping through channels looking for the one you wanted to watch. There’d be legitimate chart battles for the #1 and you had to wait until Sunday to find out how everyone had done, hoping you could tune your hi-fi antenna to a spot that wouldn’t cut out at the crucial moment... only to discover Bob The Builder was #1. But there was room for everyone. Ageism hasn’t quite set in and Blondie, Cher and Madonna could grab a #1. Tom Jones could release a song called Sex Bomb and the kids would lap it up. Then there were all your 1 hit wonders - I can’t imagine a song like Mambo No. 5 hitting #1 nowadays.

I’ve gone off on a tangent but if you’re in a Steps thread, you know exactly what I mean

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Final midweeks update before the weekly chart is released tomorrow...

Albums

1 Gary Barlow - Music Played By Humans (42.0k) *
    2 Steps - What The Future Holds (35.1k) *
    3 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together At Christmas (30.7k)
    4 Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts (13.2k) *
    5 AC/DC - Power Up (11.6k)

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    Clouds really grew on me today and I'm glad TTBOMH is the third single - they shot the video in Blackpool tower apparently.
    Omg yes!!! That’s my favourite track on the album. It could have been the lead single!!!

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Clouds really grew on me today and I'm glad TTBOMH is the third single - they shot the video in Blackpool tower apparently.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Been listening to the album on and off since release day and it’s grown on me a lot. Still don’t think it’s as strong as TOTD but, to be honest, it’s a solid effort for a new studio album and loyal to the ‘Steps’ sound.

I like most of the album bar a few - Fathers Eyes, One Touch and To The One are weak. I’m going through phases of the other songs being my favourite. I will say that Under My Skin is one of their best ballads, not just off this album but overall.

And I have to say I think Lee is a better vocalist than H. It’s good to hear a lot more of him.

So which of the songs are covers of other people’s songs?

I’d agree on Fathers Eyes and To The One, but I’d probably add Don’t You Leave Us Halfway down the bottom end too.

It’s a strong album and I wonder if the reason TOTDF was more instant is because it was shorter? If you took two songs out of this I think it would make it much stronger... not that I dislike anything at all.

I think this might be their second best studio album overall to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Been listening to the album on and off since release day and it’s grown on me a lot. Still don’t think it’s as strong as TOTD but, to be honest, it’s a solid effort for a new studio album and loyal to the ‘Steps’ sound.

I like most of the album bar a few - Fathers Eyes, One Touch and To The One are weak. I’m going through phases of the other songs being my favourite. I will say that Under My Skin is one of their best ballads, not just off this album but overall.

And I have to say I think Lee is a better vocalist than H. It’s good to hear a lot more of him.

I’d agree on Fathers Eyes and To The One, but I’d probably add Don’t You Leave Us Halfway down the bottom end too.

It’s a strong album and I wonder if the reason TOTDF was more instant is because it was shorter? If you took two songs out of this I think it would make it much stronger... not that I dislike anything at all.

I think this might be their second best studio album overall to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• tj_club
    replied

love all those three you mentioned, the remix of fathers eyes of brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    This is MILES better to me than the TOTD album. It was so immediate for me and it’s rare I love a song from the first listen but I just adored the album from the first time I heard it.

Leave a comment:

• CanYouKeepUp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• frankie_85
    replied
    I'm absolutely loving the album, i might go as far and say that i prefer this to TOTD. "One Touch" and "Father's Eyes" are the only 2 songs i'm not too crazy about but i enjoy them. "Clouds" totally grew on me. A special mention to "Come And Dance With Me" which i don't see mentioned enough but to me is a standout.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

I think their last album actually sold 27K the first week, so they have already outsold that... in 2020, and in Q4. Brilliant no matter which way you look at it. It’s so annoying that most other weeks 30k would have given them a #1 album.
    Nope:

18,433 of 's streaming sales occurred in the latest frame, and without them it would be Steps who would be No.1 this week, with fifth studio album Tears On The Dancefloor securing a superior paid-for sale of 36,525 but only 1,099 sales from streams for a combined tally of 37,624. Thus debuting at No.2, it nevertheless represents a major triumph for the late 1990s act who split in 2001 and reformed a decade later. Their previous comeback album, Light Up The World, was received far less enthusiastically debuting and peaking at No.32 on sales of 7,365 copies in 2012. Even now, it has sold only 20,015 copies. Their 1998 debut album Step One has sold 1,403,404 copies, 1999's Steptacular has sold 1,292,466 and 2000's Buzz has sold 705,390. Their 2001 compilation Gold: The Greatest Hits, which was released shortly before their spilt was announced, has sold 1,131,168 copies to date but subsequent compilation The Ultimate Collection, from 2011, has sold 240,848 copies to date, including 4,944 in the latest frame, which also see it surge 51-17 to achieve its highest chart position in more than five years. Both compilations topped the chart but Steps' only No.1 studio album was Steptacular, so if Tears On The Dancefloor had made it this week it would have been their first No.1 with a new studio album in more than 18 years - and, remarkably, all five of the group's original members are still on board.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    U.K. midweeks...

Albums

1 Gary Barlow - Music Played By Humans (37.3k) *
    2 Steps - What The Future Holds (30.6k) *
    3 Michael Ball and Alfie Boe - Together at Christmas (26.4k)
    4 Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts (11.7k) *
    5 AC/DC - Power Up (9.8k)

The #1 is totally unassailable now I think but they’ll do very similar numbers to their previous album which debuted with 37k. They probably need to be weary of Michael Ball and Alfie Boe at #3 as they’ve increased by more than 6k since yesterday (vs 3k increase from Steps) with 2 chart days left to track...
    I think their last album actually sold 27K the first week, so they have already outsold that... in 2020, and in Q4. Brilliant no matter which way you look at it. It’s so annoying that most other weeks 30k would have given them a #1 album.

But it’s a great album and I’m very happy. If there’s one thing I know about Steps, is that they almost never went to #1 with anything so it’s a win no matter what. Plus when they released their Christmas album in 2012 and it peaked at #32... never did I think we’d be back here. Seriously, all that’s missing is a CD single, a Smash Hits cover issue and a performance on TOTP

It’s their 25th anniversary in 2022 and I hope they find a way of recording a new album by then too, but it has chance to be another greatest hits album - is ‘Steps at Abbey Road’ too much of an ask? Some of their hits really would be great ballads.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X