Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrid S - Leave It Beautiful

Debut album out October 16th!
    Last edited by SimpleBoy; Wed September 16, 2020, 01:55.

Very excited for this!
    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Oh, finally! She's been serving some bops. Though her two singles from this year ("Marilyn Monroe" and "Dance Dance Dance") were only interesting for like two weeks

Comment

About time!

Don't think she topped "Hurts so good" but still excited for this, hopefully it's good!

Comment

Just saw there are only ten songs on the tracklist, three singles were already released now (including "It' OK If You Forget Me" from yesterday). So sadly, this will be a very short debut album

Still looking forward to this.

Comment

According to itunes it's just 29 minutes long, which it's way too short. I like short albums but at least 35:00 wouild be nice.
            I will use "Think before I talk" and "Hurts so good" in the album anyway, they are too good to be left apart as stand-alone singles or in EP's.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesAnybody View Post
              I will use "Think before I talk" and "Hurts so good" in the album anyway, they are too good to be left apart as stand-alone singles or in EP's.
              +1. I Don't Know Why with NOTD is another must have as that is the best song released with her name on it in 2020 by a long shot. The new songs are not bad but are lacking the punchiness of older singles.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post

+1. I Don't Know Why with NOTD is another must have as that is the best song released with her name on it in 2020 by a long shot. The new songs are not bad but are lacking the punchiness of older singles.

Yes, that's fabulous as well though sometimes I find the chorus a bit annoying. Also forgot "The First One", it's my favorite out of her last solo singles. Hopefully I like at least 7-9 tracks on the new album.

Comment

^ Yes, I'm also team "The First One"

So the album is finally OUT NOW!

Just finished my first spin and I really like it. From all the new songs "Hit Different" clearly stood out to me, "Obsessed" and "Airpods" are really good, too! "Hit Different" is the song with by far the most views on YouTube (she released lyric videos for all songs), so there's a real chance it may get a single treatment.

With that said, I really think she made some wrong single choices. Especially for "It's Ok If You Forget Me" which still does nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                    "Hit Different" is the song with by far the most views on YouTube (she released lyric videos for all songs), so there's a real chance it may get a single treatment.
                    Yes, this song is really interesting production wise and it reminds me of Billie Eilish. It's the obvious choice and I'm surprised they haven't used it already.

I LOVE the title track, the way it flourishes so subtly during the chorus is "beautiful".

Good Choices is of course the most relatable ballad. We have all made bad choices in our life, one could say life itself is a series of choices and those who make lots of good choices have a better life. I didn't make enough good choices.

Comment

Only three songs hit the 3 minute mark, lol.

The album it's cute, but I expected more from her with "Hurts so good" or "Think before I talk" as her first main singles. I think she sounded more interesting before, but I still enjoy this album even though it sounds a bit cheesy or childish in some parts. Agree that "It's ok if you forget me" it's more of an album track that a single, considering the album has some stronger tracks.

My favorites: "Hits different", "Can't forget" and "Leave it beautiful".

Comment

I gave the album a listen and it was meh. I liked “Hits Different” and “Marilyn Monroe” but the rest was pretty forgettable imo.

Comment

Working...
                        X