Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    I'm so happy with the success

However. I can't help but fear that Jesy is waiting until after the album hype dies down a bit to announce her departure. I feel like maybe she doesn't want to overshadow the album release, or put a downer on it!
    Jesy’s signature is missing from signed albums being delivered and she’s missed a third event (Children In Need). I think the writing is on the wall sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Jesy’s signature is missing from signed albums being delivered and she’s missed a third event (Children In Need). I think the writing is on the wall sadly.
      It's just a fling baby, fling baby, nothing more than a fling baby, fling baby.

Comment

She’ll be missed, but I dunno... it feels like she almost drags the group down right now and I don’t know why. She’s stunning, so talented, brought much needed attention to mental health but for some reason I can’t help but think she could have done this at a better time (even though I know myself that when you have to do it you have to do it).

I wish them all the best regardless!

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
          The album landed at #2 with almost 50k copies (5th highest debut of the year).

Sweet Melody rose to #3, and has a shot at #1 next week.

The title track reached #23, becoming their 27th Top 40 hit.

Break-Up Song is certified Gold, and Shout Out To My Ex became 3x platinum, the latter being the only girl group song in the UK to do so other than Wannabe.

This is a girl group on their sixth album. I don't want anymore talk about them underperforming.
          They deserve it all. Absolutely chuffed for them!

Comment

Let's hope that Jesy is not naive enough to believe that she's got the potential for a solo career! 90% of all members with solo ambitions are bound to doom eventually when they could have a healthy and durable career as part of the band that got them popular in the first place. I prefer approaches like PCD's 2nd or No Angels' 3rd album - a combination of group and solo songs ;) .

Comment

If Jesy leaves it'll probably be because of her mental health. All of them have said multiple times that they don't want to go solo and how they feel that they wouldn't be able to do it without each other, so I don't expect them to considering how well they get along. She's been very open about struggling in the spotlight (even has a documentary on it) and she has been known to skip an interview or event at times.

She hasn't written on a single song on this album whilst the others have, and the fact that she's been MIA for a couple weeks now is a bit concerning, but I hope she sticks around. Her health is more important than anything, so if she feels like she needs a break (or a complete departure) then we should just get used to them as a trio I guess.
              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Jesy would absolutely be missed and welcomed back. If she needs a break that's OK. We could all be freaking out for nothing. I mean why would the girls seem so cheerful during release week if something was seriously wrong?

Comment

Hopefully Jesy is just unwell but it really does have a whiff of the Geris about it.

Can’t imagine them carrying on as a three-piece. I read that they are the only British girl group (without a line-up change) to get to album six - they’ve achieved so much, for an X Factor winner too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabanaboy2 View Post
                    Jesy would absolutely be missed and welcomed back. If she needs a break that's OK. We could all be freaking out for nothing. I mean why would the girls seem so cheerful during release week if something was seriously wrong?
                    I suppose they still have a job to do. They still have fans to please. Sometimes you force yourself to be cheerful because you have to.

Something happened after filming the semi finals for the search (31st Oct) shes not posted since then.

Comment

I suppose they still have a job to do. They still have fans to please. Sometimes you force yourself to be cheerful because you have to.

Something happened after filming the semi finals for the search (31st Oct) shes not posted since then.
                      A part of me feels like that's what happened? If you remember (or even watch the show), the girls' vote for the bottom two was equally split and went into deadlock. They had to make a decision on which group to save, and she's the one that backed down and agreed to keep Since September.

I don't know if it's the dynamics between them or the fact that she might have felt that the future of those groups depended on her, but I do think that it might have played a part in whatever happened.

Just guessing here obviously, I really hope she's fine.
                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Maybe she is in some kind of rehab for depression? Her entire energy has been different the last few months and particularly since they started this album push. The 'unwell' thing is the line that gets spun all the time.

I doubt she's doing an Amelle.
                        Uk the only way

Comment

She's not exactly looked as happy as the rest recently. I find it odd that all the girls wrote together up until lm5 and confetti. Now the other 3 write together and as I said before jesy only wrote on 1 song for the new album.

Something is defo up. I just hope she's OK

Comment

She's not exactly looked as happy as the rest recently. I find it odd that all the girls wrote together up until lm5 and confetti. Now the other 3 write together and as I said before jesy only wrote on 1 song for the new album.

Something is defo up. I just hope she's OK
                            She barely writes these days because she doesn't like or enjoy the songwriting process so that isn't a reflection of what's up with her at the moment.

Comment

Something is weird for sure. I feel like she push back herself lately. Other girls are more in spotlight IMO lately.

Too bad that this era is messy. Hope she's fine. And that girls can stay together for some longer, but I feel that this is their last album and that they'll try solo.
                              BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                              YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                                Something is weird for sure. I feel like she push back herself lately. Other girls are more in spotlight IMO lately.

Too bad that this era is messy. Hope she's fine. And that girls can stay together for some longer, but I feel that this is their last album and that they'll try solo.
                                I wouldn't call this a messy era? How? Jesy has missed a few appearances but I think they are doing fine. The album debuted at #2 and the single jumped to #3 (which is great for a third single). Let's just hope they don't cut the era short.

Comment

I think they have at least one more album, or a re-release, to cap off their 10 year anniversary.
                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

double post

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post

I wouldn't call this a messy era? How? Jesy has missed a few appearances but I think they are doing fine. The album debuted at #2 and the single jumped to #3 (which is great for a third single). Let's just hope they don't cut the era short.
                                      They are featured on a DJ's single next week so they're definitely not laying low, but I imagine they will release another song from the album with a feature as a fourth single.
                                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Called it. Hope she's OK

Comment

Just glad she isn't leaving!, she should take all the time she needs.

Comment

I don't think she'll come back at this point. They are probably planning how to move forward without Jesy in the group.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

18/11/2020 MAJOR Exclusive from The Sun newspaper

Little Mix Going Solo
                                                • Girls In Plans To Go Solo
                                                • Star Jesy Out Due To Health Fears
                                                • 2021 Tour To Still Go Ahead

A source said “ They are trying to emulate Take That, where each member has been able to drift out at times and work on their own projects “

Sad to hear this news, I hope they do stay together.

Comment

I would take anything from The Sun with a pinch of salt, but they did mention taking the Take That route before, which could work for them. According to them Jade and Perrie want to release solo music, Leigh wants to get into TV production and Jesy needs a break. If they want to take a year or two for that then they deserve it.

It's weird how there's so much talk about them disbanding when they only just released the album and have a brand new single coming out next week
                                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I agree, none of the other newspapers or online have mentioned they are to split.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X