Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shinydiscopaul
    replied
    I kind of want a re-release with some new tracks recorded as a trio. They shouldn't give up on the album, especially with Sweet Melody becoming so huge.

Leave a comment:

• ludichris
    replied
    I absolutely love Gloves Up! It's one of their best ever album tracks and this part especially makes me laugh now:

We'll rewrite the history pages, believe that
    Make sure they don't forget
    Change the green to red
    Legend of the four divas

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ska8er View Post

LM5 managed to reach platinum this week, and if that can do it with two singles (one of which underperformed), I don't see why Confetti wouldn't be able to with the 4 singles already released.
    Well, let's hope new album will be as good as Confetti then.

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
    I hate the idea of it being disrespectful to Jesy. I know she tried to see this era through and couldn't but at the end of the day whatever the reason was she made the decision to leave the band. For her. Its not disrespectful for the others to not throw it away.
    Well you might hate it but it will probably be perceived that way. Erasing an band member from an album she was originally a part of (and the royalties that go with it) might rub people off the wrong way, including Jesy herself. And this doesn't even take into account the time and costs of re-recording the album and shooting new artwork for it, which doesn't seem worth it at this point.

A single might be less bad, but with Leigh-Anne stating they'll be new music by Spring I think that this era is pretty much done.

Anyway, we've already had 3 singles from Confetti, and LM5 only had two. If you include the singles added on the digital expanded version of the album, it goes up to 5/6 singles from this era, which is more than any of their previous albums have gotten.
    Last edited by Ska8er; Sat January 23, 2021, 15:05.

Leave a comment:

• muzik_biz_wiz
    replied
    I hate the idea of it being disrespectful to Jesy. I know she tried to see this era through and couldn't but at the end of the day whatever the reason was she made the decision to leave the band. For her. Its not disrespectful for the others to not throw it away.

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I hope they will release more singles from Confetti, it has the potential to reach platinum.
    LM5 managed to reach platinum this week, and if that can do it with two singles (one of which underperformed), I don't see why Confetti wouldn't be able to with the 4 singles already released.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I hope they will release more singles from Confetti, it has the potential to reach platinum.

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    There won't be a re-release. It'll be seen as disrespectful to Jesy. The best they could do is release one more single and replace Jesy's parts with a featured artist.

Leigh-Anne mentioned new music coming out by spring, which makes sense. They need to move on and re-establish themselves as a trio.

With tours continuously postponed, I can see them releasing a new album this year and then touring both together at the end of the year or early 2022.

Leave a comment:

• muzik_biz_wiz
    replied
    I really, really want a re-release.

Even if its the album tracks re-recorded and some new songs with the three singles kept as they are. There's too many potential singles to kill it here.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Pretty consistent on Spotify

Leave a comment:

• rocknrollallnit
    replied

“Sweet Melody” (@LittleMix) — Spotify: Week 1-10: 47,448,421
    11th week: 3,370,749
    12th week: 3,829,187
    85th day: 594,988
    86th day: 563,188
    87th day: 497,317
    88th day: 552,349
    89th day: 551,911
    90th day: 563,103
    91th day: 561,371
    TOTAL: 58,532,486

Leave a comment:

• rocknrollallnit
    replied

Official UK Albums Chart: #10. Confetti – @LittleMix
    (-4) (Peak #2 | Week 11)

Leave a comment:

• rocknrollallnit
    replied

@LittleMix
    's "Sweet Melody" UK Total Sales: 384,118

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    Here's the thread for the DJ feature.

The song features all four of them, although apparently only Jade is in the video.

Leave a comment:

• dylonj
    replied
    ^^^Didn't someone mention there is a single with a DJ coming this week? I think Confetti should be next, but it will need a feature.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Do we know what the next single is?

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I don’t think there’s the same culture in music now where groups necessarily need to formally “split” - it’s much more accepted for them to just rest the band and go on to other projects then come back together whenever the time’s right.

Leave a comment:

• Bazmedia
    replied
    I agree, none of the other newspapers or online have mentioned they are to split.

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    I would take anything from The Sun with a pinch of salt, but they did mention taking the Take That route before, which could work for them. According to them Jade and Perrie want to release solo music, Leigh wants to get into TV production and Jesy needs a break. If they want to take a year or two for that then they deserve it.

It's weird how there's so much talk about them disbanding when they only just released the album and have a brand new single coming out next week

Leave a comment:

• Bazmedia
    replied
    18/11/2020 MAJOR Exclusive from The Sun newspaper

Little Mix Going Solo
    • Girls In Plans To Go Solo
    • Star Jesy Out Due To Health Fears
    • 2021 Tour To Still Go Ahead

A source said “ They are trying to emulate Take That, where each member has been able to drift out at times and work on their own projects “

Sad to hear this news, I hope they do stay together.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I don't think she'll come back at this point. They are probably planning how to move forward without Jesy in the group.

Leave a comment:

• Ewokguy15
    replied
    Just glad she isn't leaving!, she should take all the time she needs.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Called it. Hope she's OK

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    Originally posted by dylonj View Post

I wouldn't call this a messy era? How? Jesy has missed a few appearances but I think they are doing fine. The album debuted at #2 and the single jumped to #3 (which is great for a third single). Let's just hope they don't cut the era short.
    They are featured on a DJ's single next week so they're definitely not laying low, but I imagine they will release another song from the album with a feature as a fourth single.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X