Ariana Grande - Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoesAnybody View Post
    So making love with someone and talking about it in a song can only be "naughty or dirty"? I seriously can't get some comments in this day and age, lol.
    I literally never said that. I was implying that since English is not my first language, I didn't catch most of the things she's talking about hence why I was genuinely asking if this album is really about sex. Cause sometime when you hear R&B songs especially, you can tell right away based on the beat & the delivery when a song is about sex without having to properly read the lyrics , for example "How Does It Feel", "Dance For You", "Take You Down" (for the longest time I couldn't figure out what the phrase 'take you down' meant - but I had a feeling I knew what the song was about based on the melodies, etc.) so I was just genuinely asking, not trying to complain at all.
    UKMIX R&B/Hip-Hop Albums of the Year 2020 (VOTING OPENS!)

Comment

• safety net is definitely the highlight.

Some of the songs are just there and I feel the album overall is cheapened to Victoria Monét EP standard.
      My last.fm

Comment

• **ignores blasphemy in previous post**

POPmix is in full force in this thread smh.

y’all not talking about the excellence that is “My Hair” enough for me.

I don’t wanna hear it when it grows on you insta-song girls in some months.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
          **ignores blasphemy in previous post**

POPmix is in full force in this thread smh.

y’all not talking about the excellence that is “My Hair” enough for me.

I don’t wanna hear it when it grows on you insta-song girls in some months.
          my hair is so divine, ugh, the ending is one of the best things she has done
          Last edited by IVyoncé; Sun November 1, 2020, 09:57.

Comment

• My hair needs to be extended with a Tori Kelly collab. She immediately came to mind as soon as the song started and I think it would be the perfect addition.

This album has some really fresh productions, but I'm not sure how much I really dig it. I have to give it a few more spins, but overall it has to be one of her best albums.
            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• I love this album tbh
              Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                I literally never said that. I was implying that since English is not my first language, I didn't catch most of the things she's talking about hence why I was genuinely asking if this album is really about sex. Cause sometime when you hear R&B songs especially, you can tell right away based on the beat & the delivery when a song is about sex without having to properly read the lyrics , for example "How Does It Feel", "Dance For You", "Take You Down" (for the longest time I couldn't figure out what the phrase 'take you down' meant - but I had a feeling I knew what the song was about based on the melodies, etc.) so I was just genuinely asking, not trying to complain at all.
                Oh, okay, apologies then though I never said it in a mean way.
                I'm spanish so english is more of a secondary language for me too.

Comment

• Giving this a listen right now, it's not as bad as i expected.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• This is better than first listen, I kinda like some tracks more now. Maybe I had high expectations but this is an ok album.

Comment

• Grew on me after few more listenings as I expected
                      Except My hair, Love Language (they are good but not my style) and Shut Up (this is the only song I would consider trash to be honest), rest it's pretty solid.

Comment

• This is the best piece of work she’s ever done, for me.

Comment

• Shut up should have been a cute intro !

Comment

• TUN remains her most refined work to date for me.

Even Sweetener had more momentum than this.
                            My last.fm

Comment

• I have Nasty on repeat. It’s so lush.
                              LJC--->>

Comment

• It's too soon for me to say it's better than Thank you, next or Dangerous Woman. The only thing I know it's that Sweetener it's a mess of an album and her worst so far and by far.

Comment

• Edit: flop double post.
                                  Last edited by ThaInfo1; Wed November 4, 2020, 03:58.

Comment

• I didn't listen her last album but this record feel so more attractive to me. It reminds me a lot of Madonna's Bedtime Stories!! You did it Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                      TUN remains her most refined work to date for me.
                                      This is still my fav. TUN just packs a punch and is very relatable to me. ​ She may have a hard time topping it for a moment.

But Positions is VERY yummy. Idk where it lands yet but it's definitely one of my fav albums from her already.
                                      It's so lush. Each play I stan for something new.

Comment

• I even prefer Sweetener to this as a whole body of work. At least I think they‘re equal.

However, I wouldn’t want to miss out on GIAW and NTLTC and B.
                                        My last.fm

Comment

• I dared to do a track by track on all 3 past records to determine which actually seems to be the most consistent.
                                          I put the winner in bold letters.

blazed vs. imagine vs. shut up
                                          the light is coming vs. needy vs. 34+35
                                          r.e.m. vs. NASA vs. motive
                                          god is a woman vs. bloodline vs. just like magic (can't decide here)
                                          sweetener vs. fake smile vs. off the table
                                          successful vs. bad idea vs. six thirty
                                          everytime vs. make up vs. safety net
                                          breathin' vs. ghostin' vs. my hair
                                          no tears left to cry vs. in my head vs. nasty (again, I can't decide between those two. they're both equally intriguing.)
                                          borderline vs. 7 rings vs. west side
                                          better off vs. thank u. next vs. love language
                                          goodnight n go vs. break up with your girlfriend vs. positions
                                          get well soon vs. obvious / pov

Sweetener: 4
                                          TUN: 8
                                          positions: 3
                                          My last.fm

Comment

• I really like the outro and intro in "six thirty" but the Bieber ringtone production and the incredible lyrics "Are you down wassup" (repeat that 30 times) just ain’t it.

"safety net" is starting to become my favorite song on the album by the way.
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post

This is still my fav. TUN just packs a punch and is very relatable to me. ​ She may have a hard time topping it for a moment.

But Positions is VERY yummy. Idk where it lands yet but it's definitely one of my fav albums from her already.
                                              It's so lush. Each play I stan for something new.
                                              ..and as this short time has gone on since release, I am now starting to question if TUN will be my top fav because this album is sooo good ugh.

Maybe because it's still fresh, but as a whole....I like it a bit more than TUN and Sweetener. Even though those two have some smashes and bops on it that positions doesn't.

Sn: She getting a little grown woman raspy tone on obvious. I like that.

Comment

• blazed vs. imagine vs. shut up
                                                the light is coming vs. needy vs. 34+35
                                                r.e.m. vs. NASA vs. motive
                                                god is a woman vs. bloodline vs. just like magic (holy f, this is a good trio)
                                                sweetener vs. fake smile vs. off the table
                                                successful vs. bad idea vs. six thirty
                                                everytime vs. make up vs. safety net
                                                breathin' vs. ghostin' vs. my hair
                                                no tears left to cry vs. in my head vs. nasty
                                                borderline vs. 7 rings vs. west side
                                                better off vs. thank u. next vs. love language
                                                goodnight n go vs. break up with your girlfriend vs. positions
                                                get well soon vs. obvious / pov

Comment

• Ladies and gents, may I introduced to you ... Ariana Goes Drill (long live the Woo )..

Comment

• Safety Net and My Hair are my favorites, hands down.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X