No announcement yet.

Ariana Grande - Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "safety net" is such a jaaaam. It's kinda like the sexy version of "Best Mistake".

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
      "safety net" is such a jaaaam. It's kinda like the sexy version of "Best Mistake".
      YESS, my second most played Ari song ever.

Comment

• Nothing really stands out for me.
        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Obvious is my sleeper fav. I love how she sounds on it. That voice is maturing more and more.

Comment

• This finally clicked for me. I still cant listen to shut up and 34+35 but everything after that is good

Comment

• The album grew on me. Love Positions, POV and My hair. That being said, the lack of progress and evolution bothers me a bit. Even though I like this style of music, I have to admit that I'm a bit tired of this sound coming from her. Her last three albums are all in all the same with some mixed results, some real good songs and a lot of duds too, songs that are not bad per se but just there. I don't know how to express it, but some songs really lack rhythm, coherence and a story in my opinion. Her vocals feel very random sometimes, and not really intertwined with the structure of the song. That being said: she has never sounded better than on this album, some vocal harmonies are just pure bliss!
              Eudaimonia
              Last.fm
              Instagram

Comment

• Ponytail and Abel were really giving a good passionate vocal on Off the Table though.

I haven't heard a R&B-esque duet like that in a minute.

Comment

• That woman always likes her worst albums the most lmao
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• ok six thirty could be one of those useless Victoria Monιt songs that we all can live without.

this never grew on me.
                    "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                      ok six thirty could be one of those useless Victoria Monιt songs that we all can live without.

this never grew on me.
                      Who is we?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post

Who is we?
                        I am we
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                          "safety net" is such a jaaaam. It's kinda like the sexy version of "Best Mistake".
                          Agreed! It's officially my fave from the album.
                          Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2020: [#1!]
                          Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2020: [#1!]
                          Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2020: [#1!]

Comment

• This is SUCH a solid record. The only songs I skip are Off the Table and Six Thirty. The rest is just everything.

Comment

• Maybe it's an unpopular opinion but this is her best album to me. It flows so well as a body of work, this is really her element.

Comment

• Originally posted by frankie_85 View Post
                                Maybe it's an unpopular opinion but this is her best album to me. It flows so well as a body of work, this is really her element.
                                I'm still gonna give it some more time to make that judgement, but considering this is her most R&B album to date and she sounds the best on here imo, this will definitely become true.

It's already my 3rd most played album this year.

Comment

• The 50 Best Albums of 2020

#22 Ariana Grande, 'Positions'

Remember when Ariana Grande appeared in her “God Is a Woman” video as a benevolent deity, sexually fingering the Earth? Positions is the album this goddess made when she looked down and saw the planet was in even more pitiful shape. It’s Grande’s R&B concept album about having rampant round-the-clock sex, to the point where it makes her other records sound tame by comparison — she knew the world needed it. She throws down with Doja Cat, the Weeknd, and Ty Dolla Sign, but she hits her peak in “34+35,” where she lays it right on the line: “If I put it quite plainly/Just gimme them babies.” —R.S.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...album-1097019/

Comment

• The 50 Best Albums of 2020: Staff Picks

11. Ariana Grande, Positions

After years of heartbreak, 2020 is when Ariana Grande puts the pieces back together. Falling deeply in love probably helped. The pop superstar channeled the giddiness, vulnerability and hesitancy that come with a new romance into Positions, her third album in just over two years. Laced with cheeky innuendos and intimate moments in which she (literally) lets that signature ponytail down, Grande is re-learning to trust herself and those around her on the Billboard 200-chart topping album. We're also left with the reassurance that, this time, it will all work out for the singer, as she optimistically proclaims in "Just Like Magic": "I get everything I want 'cause I attract it." -- R.A.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ms-2020-top-50

Comment

• The 10 best albums of 2020: Taylor Swift, Fiona Apple, more

6. Ariana Grande, “Positions”
                                      No large gatherings here: Grande sings almost exclusively about a quar-pod of two on this tender yet raunchy meditation on the only safe contact sport left in the age of COVID. Limiting? Not with her voice (or imagination).
                                      https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...albums-of-2020

Comment

• This album grew on me so much after a very lukewarm start !

Comment

• Not Taylor blocking the momentum of Scooter's main girl.

Comment

• This album unfortunately didn’t last as long as I wanted it to last.

However, I keep

- motive
                                            - safety net
                                            - positions
                                            - nasty
                                            "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• just heard POV for the first time and it's stunning
                                              last.fm

Comment

• Still her best to me.

Comment

• I haven't played an album this heavy since JoJo's.

There also hasn't been anything else that drop album wise that has taken my attention away since. Leave me alone ponytail sheesh.

I need to hear some of these songs live now.

Comment

• This is a mediocre album for me but Safety Net should be a single.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X