• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
    Sorry but these songs are a big joke

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
      Well, I have high hopes that the new songs could be better than what‘s on Dua‘s Moonlight Edition of FN - which isn‘t that hard to achieve to be brutally honest.
      I think you jinxed it !!!

Comment

• 2021 is desperately in need of a decent record. These deluxe editions just ain’t it.
        My last.fm

Comment

• Justin Timberlake and Ariana Grande meet.
          Timberlake: 'Oh, Ariana, how are you doing? Haven't seen you in a long time.'
          Grande: 'Hey Justin, I'm doing fine. I just released the deluxe edition of my hit album 'Positions'. It features a remix of my current single and 7 minutes of new material.'
          Timberlake: '7 minutes? So you mean you put one new track on there, don't you?'
          Grande: 'Well... Not quite.'

Comment

2021 is desperately in need of a decent record. These deluxe editions just ain’t it.
            All of this.

Comment

• Well, I think I prefer positions deluxe over Future Nostalgia Deluxe after all simply because it doesn’t do any harm.

Whereas Dua Lipa has put a bunch of rather dreadful bonus songs on her Moonlight Edition. I can’t stand some of those cheap ass songs on there.
              My last.fm

Comment

• I randomly decided to give one of the bonus tracks a spin on You Tube, 'worst behavior'. It's not a bad song, but now I get why some of the songs are so short. She simply decided to stop the song after the 2nd chorus. Maybe someone should remind Ariana Grande that like 95% of modern music follows a certain pattern that includes as minimum verse/chorus/verse/chorus/chorus. Like, you can add a bridge, c-part, an intro, an outro or anything, but just dropping the 3rd chorus is... It sounds kind of incomplete. Even back in the Beatles days, songs used to be short, but they still found a way to include a 3rd chorus somehow ^^ .

Comment

• I love Test Drive. Yes, it "misses" a bridge, but any artist should be free to choose any pattern they like to give to a song. I don't think anyone should follow a certain just because "95% follows a certain pattern".
                  I do agree it can feel incomplete as we are used to this pattern.

I also think it's strange people don't like the songs because they are short. I like songs because I feel them, not because they are short, medium or long. I can enjoy long songs like Celine's It's All Coming Back To Me Now (7:36) or Mariah's new version of We Belong Together (7:19). On the other hand there are long songs that doesn't add something interesting in the last few minutes, so then I prefer the edit version.
                  Same goes for short songs. Some of my favorite songs are really short like Madonna's I'm Going Bananas (1:44) and En Vogue's Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (0:55).

So as for Ariana I like to judge the song, not the length.
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

All of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                      I love Test Drive. Yes, it "misses" a bridge, but any artist should be free to choose any pattern they like to give to a song. I don't think anyone should follow a certain just because "95% follows a certain pattern".
                      I do agree it can feel incomplete as we are used to this pattern.

I also think it's strange people don't like the songs because they are short. I like songs because I feel them, not because they are short, medium or long. I can enjoy long songs like Celine's It's All Coming Back To Me Now (7:36) or Mariah's new version of We Belong Together (7:19). On the other hand there are long songs that doesn't add something interesting in the last few minutes, so then I prefer the edit version.
                      Same goes for short songs. Some of my favorite songs are really short like Madonna's I'm Going Bananas (1:44) and En Vogue's Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (0:55).

So as for Ariana I like to judge the song, not the length.
                      But Test Drive is just a motive rehash and it goes nowhere. That is why I am not too bothered with it. And the other two songs are just forgettable. They just add nothing to the album so the re release just seems kinda pointless. And that remix is just terrible.

I do agree that an artist is not in any way obligated to structure a song in the traditional way if they dont want to.

Comment

• Positions as an era is perfect for a pandemic. It’s rather uneventful and I don’t see the necessity to do a tour with the songs on the album.

It‘s like a chilled „in-between“ era after 2 rather grand eras.

My last.fm

Comment

Positions as an era is perfect for a pandemic. It’s rather uneventful and I don’t see the necessity to do a tour with the songs on the album.

It‘s like a chilled „in-between“ era after 2 rather grand eras.
                          That would be a super boring tour but she already said she has no plans to tour this album. I can see her doing one or two tracks from it in future tours but thats it.

Comment

• I like this live band version of the title track positions. This is how I would like to sound it live. Very cosy.
                            My last.fm

Comment

Working...
                            X