No announcement yet.

Ariana Grande - Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every song is under-produced, monotone and samey sounding. An album full of fillers. The female Drake teas.
    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
      Every song is under-produced, monotone and samey sounding. An album full of fillers. The female Drake teas.
      Doesn’t sound too promising.

nasty didn’t sound bad at all judged by that clip.
      My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post

Doesn’t sound too promising.

nasty didn’t sound bad at all judged by that clip.
        Dunno sis all the songs drag even though they are short af . Sounds like an uninspired and just-there project in general just like majority of Drake's albums
        98 - OUT

Comment

• This is her Journals. It might grown tho
          Feats are quite underused
          Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Well, I didn’t expect a masterpiece so shortly after Sweetener/TUN. However, I was hoping for some great, mellow & emotional mini-bops.

I‘ve read somewhere online that:

Grande captioned the post with some of her favorites from the album: 'Fav tracks: Off The Table and Safety Net!'

How are her faves?
            Last edited by Loose; Mon October 26, 2020, 21:56.
            My last.fm

Comment

• " Can you stay up all night
              F**k me till the daylight "

These lyrics sound wrong from Ariana, how are her 10 year old fans meant to listen to this ?

Comment

I think the standard right now is to release 2 singles pre album and 1 single with the album release and then 1 single post album so 4 singles per era.
                I think you will be lucky to see two singles from this let alone 4

The way Positions was the only viable single on this album. Like I don't even know what else she could release ? POV with a Christmas type video.

I would listen to this album :

1. If I was on a train and wanted something I could chill to/ possibly doze off.
                2. Late night walking where I want something super mellow.
                3. Background music for sex ( although its kinda short so I would need to pair it with another album)

Conclusion - don't really know what the thought process behind this is. She is barely singing. It's like everyone wants to do this talk/rap singing these days.
                Would it kill you to do one ballad where you showcase your voice and one upbeat pop song Ariana ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                  " Can you stay up all night

These lyrics sound wrong from Ariana, how are her 10 year old fans meant to listen to this ?
                  They can listen to the clean version when it drops next to the explicit one.

Comment

" Can you stay up all night

Actually, her target audience is teen insta thots so those lyrics are very on brand and calculated.
                    98 - OUT

Comment

I think you will be lucky to see two singles from this let alone 4

The way Positions was the only viable single on this album. Like I don't even know what else she could release ? POV with a Christmas type video.

I would listen to this album :

1. If I was on a train and wanted something I could chill to/ possibly doze off.
                      2. Late night walking where I want something super mellow.
                      3. Background music for sex ( although its kinda short so I would need to pair it with another album)

Conclusion - don't really know what the thought process behind this is. She is barely singing. It's like everyone wants to do this talk/rap singing these days.
                      Would it kill you to do one ballad where you showcase your voice and one upbeat pop song Ariana ?
                      It makes sense to release postions the way they are releasing it. There are no hits on the album so it's best if they just drop it and let it run it's course on its own
                      98 - OUT

Comment

It makes sense to release postions the way they are releasing it. There are no hits on the album so it's best if they just drop it and let it run it's course on its own
                        Yup, i predicted this would be a short era. She was probably bored and just made these tracks and they decided ok lets release it. Positions sound to me like it was a leftover from TUN era just tacked on tbh. It is very similar to GIAW, theres a mash up of the two on youtube and you can seamlessly move between both tracks .

Comment

• The Taylor Swift print.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Love the middle cover.

Comment

• ^ That’s my fav as well.
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I don't agree that this album is full of filler. It is just not filled with instant radio songs. Overall the use of strings throughout the album really ties it all together. the only big downside are the lengths of the songs for me, So many songs under 3 minutes which leaves you craving for more. my fav. tracks so far have been my hair, love language, off the table and pov. I agree though that this album is the perfect release for the world we live in now. It is not an album she really could tour.Though I feel with the right approach and right single choices, she easily could get 3 succesful singles from this. The album may not be as instant as most of her albums, but some songs have because of the length also potential to serve longtivity with the right visual and streaming playlisting.

Comment

• It’s kind of funny how no one of you mentioned any specific tracks. This must have been a borefest with no memorable content... or y‘all haven’t heard it really?

Last edited by Loose; Tue October 27, 2020, 09:21.
                                  My last.fm

Comment

• My Hair - Snippet

Sounds quite alright. Whatchu complainin‘ ‚bout?
                                    My last.fm

Comment

• I do feel a lot of people will find this album a borefest though. But I disagree with that. My Hair is probably my fav. track on the album. It is so laidback, it is meant to be played live in a small setting. The way she also goes Mariah on us by hitting those whistles at the end, then the track ends and also starts with nasty with whistle notes is brilliant. Also the first two tracks shut up and 34+35 are the same kind of start thank u, next had with imagine and needy, but shut up and 34+35 are so much more cleverly done production wise, from the harp/string ending of the former and also having the strings play a part in the latter. off the table has abel refer to The Hills, so did Ariana and him date? The only song i am a bit 'meh' about is six thirty because it is annoyingly repeating a line including 'what's up'.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                                        Love the middle cover.
                                        I prefer the right one. It’s much more feel my face.
                                        My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                          I do feel a lot of people will find this album a borefest though. But I disagree with that. My Hair is probably my fav. track on the album. It is so laidback, it is meant to be played live in a small setting. The way she also goes Mariah on us by hitting those whistles at the end, then the track ends and also starts with nasty with whistle notes is brilliant. Also the first two tracks shut up and 34+35 are the same kind of start thank u, next had with imagine and needy, but shut up and 34+35 are so much more cleverly done production wise, from the harp/string ending of the former and also having the strings play a part in the latter. off the table has abel refer to The Hills, so did Ariana and him date? The only song i am a bit 'meh' about is six thirty because it is annoyingly repeating a line including 'what's up'.
                                          my hair is VERY Mariah-esque and I am sure that people would actually LOVE it if it was a random song by MC.
                                          My last.fm

Comment

• Excited to listen to this! Can't believe it leaked!
                                            thank u, next

Comment

• It's definitely an R&B album.

Highlights for me are Motive, Off The Table, Nasty and Positions. Don't look for big pop hooks on this one cos there isn't. The closest is Motive. The features are really understated, and the beats are very 90's R&B for the most part. It's a nice record but it's definitely a grower.
                                              thank u, next

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

The Taylor Swift print.
                                                The veeeery lazy version though Taylor at least had totally different scenes/outfits and different front and back covers. This is basically a different angle
                                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• lol boybands and k-pop acts have done these seperate cover releases before Taylor and Camila started doing that for romance and folklore. it is just an easy cashgrab because there is not really much different beside it. It is nice for collector's like myself, but overall it would be more interesting would these acts include something extra musically like an acoustic version being added per version of an album track or whatver rather than just an other cover.

Comment

• I wonder when first album reviews will spread the internet. So far I haven’t read anything on positions.
                                                    My last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X