X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on first listen

01. Shut Up - urrgh no 0/10
    02. 34+35 - meh 04/10
    03. Motive - the beginning is a bit off but it grows into a decent track: 06/10
    04. Just Like Magic - generic af 04/10
    05. Off The Table - really like the vibe on this one 07/10
    06. Six Thirty - meh 04/10
    07. Safety Net - meh 04/10
    08. My Hair - this is great 10/10
    09. Nasty - this is good too 08/10
    10. West Side - it´s ok 05/10
    11. Love Language - it´s a sweet song 06/10
    12. Positions - it´s ok 05/10
    13. Obvious - it´s ok 05/10
    14. Pov - great closer 10/10

Average: 5.6

Comment

• Now I am worried. Nobody has anything positive to say except for IVyoncé.
      "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
        Now I am worried. Nobody has anything positive to say except for IVyoncé.
        I think it is best to experience the album yourself. I can see a lot of mixed reviews coming and I can also see it being a grower for a lot of people

After the listens I have done, this would be my rating now

01. Shut Up - 8/10
        02. 34+35 - 8/10
        03. Motive - 7,510
        04. Just Like Magic - 7/10
        05. Off The Table -9/10
        06. Six Thirty - 6/10
        07. Safety Net - 7/10
        08. My Hair - 10/10
        09. Nasty - 10/10
        10. West Side 6.5/10
        11. Love Language - 9,5/10
        12. Positions - 8/10
        13. Obvious -7/10
        14. Pov 10/10

But that also could still change up after a few more days/weeks. Like if you overall liked her sound and in particular the R&B leaning tracks on Yours Truly, sweetener and thank u, next, then I could see those people really enjoying this or atleast grow on them. If you are more into obvious instant commercial cuts like Break Free, Be Alright, God Is A Woman, Problem, Into You, no tears left to cry, bloodline etc. than this might be harder to digest.

Like I could really see Thainfo1 appriciating this record for example

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post

I think it is best to experience the album yourself. I can see a lot of mixed reviews coming and I can also see it being a grower for a lot of people
          Exactly, my rating was based on my first listen and as the album is quite mellow in terms of production it is normal to have a lower score. I will for Friday for more listens.
          I´d say that when she is singing she is serving really strong vocals (My Hair and Pov)

Comment

• Cannot wait for the Doja Cat collaboration.
            "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• I've had four or five listens now, and I think it's a really strong album. It's by far her most mature to date. All the songs are growers. It's the perfect, happier sequel to thank u, next. Vocals are insanely good. I love that it's mellow. For me it'll probably be her best album or second best behind TUN.
              thank u, next

Comment

• I'm just listening the album.
                I never was a fan of her albums in full. But her last one was just fine.

But this! This is rlly bad. Uninspired, unoriginal, very boring, samey, everything sounds like leftovers. Sounds like an album of some d list r&b singer...

She can't be serious with this!? After huge success with last two studio albums (and flop ost album) she can't come up with project like this.

I would understand if she wanted to experiment and deliver short cute album with new sound. But this?

My advice is to skip until My Hair, that one is actually decent. Nasty sounds like decent album track from last albums. And believe it or not Positions is the "best" one on album. Enough said!

Great singer, wasted opportunity.

I'm sad cuz this kind of extremely bad project is going to do actually good, Positions is going to be #1 both song and album. So not deserving!

I hoped for album somewhere next year w fresh sound after last projects which sounded very samey. I was mad when she released Boyfriend, completely unecessary w sound we all heard before, and we all forgot the existance of that song.

For sure I won't revisit this album ever again.

At the end I ask myself again: is she serious w this??????
                BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                  It’s kind of funny how no one of you mentioned any specific tracks. This must have been a borefest with no memorable content... or y‘all haven’t heard it really?
                  Gurl why would anyone bother to pretend to have heard the album if they have not lol. You can literally find it with one click. Ive listened to it a few times and i can hardly remember the first few tracks. It s all very samey. The Wkend track is ok but nothing special, reminds me of Call out my name.
                  Obvious and pov are the best of the rest. The rest of it is just kinda there, i dunno.

Also I cannot at Westside being 2 mins and 12 seconds. I am just thinking oh this is a nice groove, and it stops suddenly.
                  Last edited by InFamous; Tue October 27, 2020, 18:15.

Comment

• I'm most excited for the Ty Dolla track cause I've heard good things about it and he always brings it with his features! Can't wait till Friday.

Comment

• I suggest you never try Teyana Taylor‘s album. All the bangers are only 2 min long. It’s a tragedy!

Comment

• People still listen to leaks these days, especially when it's out in two days anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                          People still listen to leaks these days, especially when it's out in two days anyway?
                          I guess it just depends on how excited people are to hear the album. Everyone streams it eventually anyway.
                          thank u, next

Comment

• Most excited for:

1. nasty (I loved the clip)
                            2. motive feat. Doja Cat
                            3. shut up (I‘ve heard the strings have their comeback on this one)
                            4. safety net (it was mentioned to be Ariana‘s favorite)
                            5. pov (coz y‘all liked it the most)

Comment

People still listen to leaks these days, especially when it's out in two days anyway?
                              Yeah why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post

Yeah why not?
                                Don't know. That's so 2015 for me

Comment

• Doja Cat not knowing that we indeed know about motive.

Comment

• Boulevard magazine THE SUN breaks down Ariana‘s new album ‚positions‘.

https://www.google.ch/amp/s/www.thes...positions/amp/

Comment

• Classic from The Sun - Writes an article about a sexual album from Ariana Grande and uses a picture of her at age 13. WTF is wrong with them.
                                      thank u, next

Comment

• so disappointed after first listen. i love her last album so much.

The first song Shut Up is really bad

Comment

• This album is very very slowly growing on me after about TEN listens.

The first three songs are just OK to me really.

It picks up from track 4.

Highlights - My Hair, Obvious , pov

The second half is definitely stronger than the first half IMO. Looking at titles there are still songs that I have no idea what they sound like, after repeated listenings !!

Comment

It actually leaked on Monday, we are all bored during Corona lol. Nothing else to do

Comment

• Not very confident about this album either at this point. I‘ve found a short clip of 34+35 which did just NOTHING for me really.

I know I‘ll be very much into nasty though.

Comment

• P.S.: It‘ll be out in New Zealand in less than 30 minutes!!

I hope some reviews will appear after its release in down under.

Edit: Out in Australia now
                                                Last edited by Loose; Thu October 29, 2020, 13:31.

Comment

• Ugh I just ADORE this album!! It's her "janet."
                                                  thank u, next

Comment

• It’s not released for until midnight US time everywhere
                                                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Working...
                                                    X