Ariana Grande - Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
    P.S.: It‘ll be out in New Zealand in less than 30 minutes!!

I hope some reviews will appear after its release in down under.

Edit: Out in Australia now
    look forward to hear what you think, be prepared to spend some time with it though. It took ten listens for some tracks to click with me

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
      P.S.: It‘ll be out in New Zealand in less than 30 minutes!!

I hope some reviews will appear after its release in down under.

Edit: Out in Australia now
      Is it? It’s past midnight and it’s still not out here and I saw people on Twitter saying that the album comes out at 3pm in Australia.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I’m so excited. I have a feeling this will be my favorite album of hers. (I had the same feeling for Everything Is Love and that’s my ultimate B album now.)

Comment

• I've gave it 2 listens so far... Its not hitting right for me. I hope it grows..
          Love you like a love song!

Comment

• This is a cute album actually.

It is very Rnb .. he voice is so effortless. I wish they went with 1 stargate throwback production in there
            Forever Young

Comment

• Safety Net should have been the lead
              Forever Young

Comment

• Ohhhhhhhhhhh, lemme roll a blunt and get on this.

Comment

• Very boring so far. I'm on track 7 and I didn’t really like anything so far. "shut up" was awful.

Maybe "Sweetener" won’t be my least favorite Ariana album anymore after this.
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Is it? It's past midnight and it's still not out here and I saw people on Twitter saying that the album comes out at 3pm in Australia.
                    Yeah I'd agree with tat (at least on Spotify, searched it this morning and it wasn't up but now (after 3pm in Australia) its up).
                    UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• The way this album snuck up on me and burrowed itsself into my mind last night and today. Only two songs I'm not feeling that much are Shut Up and Motive.
                      Safety net really hit tonight, even 34+35. On reflection it's a far better listen than Sweetener and possibly TUN also, which has some clear filler for me.
                      I still think it's missing that pop single, but clearly that is not where she is, sonically, right now.

Comment

• I have to agree with the majority of you here.

No harsh feelings, the album is CUTE but... even I expected some Grande (or even Venti) tunes on positions. It’s full of little gems but a big showstopper would have benefited the longevity of this era.

off the table is gorgeous! The Weekend and Ariana pair so well together and portray fierce emotions!

pov was the other song that instantly jumped right at me. That one is raw and she just bares it all!

Apart from those two, the title track remains the true star of this album.

Need a couple more spins but I definitely see now what y‘all be thinkin‘.
                        "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• It’s like a Drake album, very monotonous.

The word I would use to describe this album is “boring”

her first album without any strong tracks.

Comment

• safety net though!!! Omg!!!

THAT‘s my jam! Veeeeeery subtle though but oh so gorgeous!
                            "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• Okay first listen I really enjoyed this. It's a cute album even though the production in some of the tracks are giving me very H&M background music vibe and I agree that it's getting stronger towards the end. My favorites so far are "off the table", "safety net", "my hair", "west side", "positions", "obvious" & "pov". I do think it really lacks of catchy hooks & choruses although the verses are all really nice.

I didn't really pay attention to the lyrics but is this album really about sex though? Cause I feel like her delivery & the production overall are very cutesy/sweet. With that being said, I definitely like this a lot more than thank u, next & sweetener.

Comment

• I LOVE shut up, the instrumental is so beautiful with the strings and the harp at the end

Comment

• My ranking so far:

1 | safety net
                                  2 | positions
                                  3 | nasty
                                  4 | off the table
                                  5 | motive

6 | pov

the rest has yet to hit me

Comment

• This album is completely stellar!! Positions the song is just a complete ear worm. I expect this will grow on everyone. I'd be more than happy for her to keep releasing stuff like this. Off The Table, Safety Net, and POV are just all stunningly good.
                                    thank u, next

Comment

• First spin is done... and it met my expectations, but those weren't that high to begin with. I kinda sensed she'd go this route following TUN and I'm not feeling it as much as I wish I would. It's still a good album, but I don't see this having the same success as "Sweetener" or TUN, especially in Europe.

The Doja Cat collaboration is the only song that really stood out for me on the first spin.

Overall, this is giving me similar vibes like her "Christmas & Chill" EP.

Comment

• I really like it! Nice and chill.

The middle part of the album is the best. Just Like Magic to Nasty are stunning.
                                        LJC--->>

Comment

• Someone on Twitter called it elevator music and that’s a pretty accurate description in my opinion.

Comment

• So far this album is ok but nothing special. "34 + 35" and "love language" are my favorite. I give the album another try during the weekend.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I LOVE Shut Up. The backing vocals and harmonies are great.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Some kind of true unfortunately.

It really feels like the minimum of effort has gone into it.

Comment

• This is my first Ariana album I listened to in full. It's just okay for me.

I love The Weeknd song most perhaps.
                                                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X