Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose
    replied

I like this live band version of the title track positions. This is how I would like to sound it live. Very cosy.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Loose View Post
    Positions as an era is perfect for a pandemic. It’s rather uneventful and I don’t see the necessity to do a tour with the songs on the album.

It‘s like a chilled „in-between“ era after 2 rather grand eras.
    That would be a super boring tour but she already said she has no plans to tour this album. I can see her doing one or two tracks from it in future tours but thats it.

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    Positions as an era is perfect for a pandemic. It’s rather uneventful and I don’t see the necessity to do a tour with the songs on the album.

It‘s like a chilled „in-between“ era after 2 rather grand eras.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    I love Test Drive. Yes, it "misses" a bridge, but any artist should be free to choose any pattern they like to give to a song. I don't think anyone should follow a certain just because "95% follows a certain pattern".
    I do agree it can feel incomplete as we are used to this pattern.

I also think it's strange people don't like the songs because they are short. I like songs because I feel them, not because they are short, medium or long. I can enjoy long songs like Celine's It's All Coming Back To Me Now (7:36) or Mariah's new version of We Belong Together (7:19). On the other hand there are long songs that doesn't add something interesting in the last few minutes, so then I prefer the edit version.
    Same goes for short songs. Some of my favorite songs are really short like Madonna's I'm Going Bananas (1:44) and En Vogue's Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (0:55).

So as for Ariana I like to judge the song, not the length.
    But Test Drive is just a motive rehash and it goes nowhere. That is why I am not too bothered with it. And the other two songs are just forgettable. They just add nothing to the album so the re release just seems kinda pointless. And that remix is just terrible.

I do agree that an artist is not in any way obligated to structure a song in the traditional way if they dont want to.

Leave a comment:

• Ruthymon
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

All of this.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    I love Test Drive. Yes, it "misses" a bridge, but any artist should be free to choose any pattern they like to give to a song. I don't think anyone should follow a certain just because "95% follows a certain pattern".
    I do agree it can feel incomplete as we are used to this pattern.

I also think it's strange people don't like the songs because they are short. I like songs because I feel them, not because they are short, medium or long. I can enjoy long songs like Celine's It's All Coming Back To Me Now (7:36) or Mariah's new version of We Belong Together (7:19). On the other hand there are long songs that doesn't add something interesting in the last few minutes, so then I prefer the edit version.
    Same goes for short songs. Some of my favorite songs are really short like Madonna's I'm Going Bananas (1:44) and En Vogue's Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (0:55).

So as for Ariana I like to judge the song, not the length.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I randomly decided to give one of the bonus tracks a spin on You Tube, 'worst behavior'. It's not a bad song, but now I get why some of the songs are so short. She simply decided to stop the song after the 2nd chorus. Maybe someone should remind Ariana Grande that like 95% of modern music follows a certain pattern that includes as minimum verse/chorus/verse/chorus/chorus. Like, you can add a bridge, c-part, an intro, an outro or anything, but just dropping the 3rd chorus is... It sounds kind of incomplete. Even back in the Beatles days, songs used to be short, but they still found a way to include a 3rd chorus somehow ^^ .

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    Well, I think I prefer positions deluxe over Future Nostalgia Deluxe after all simply because it doesn’t do any harm.

Whereas Dua Lipa has put a bunch of rather dreadful bonus songs on her Moonlight Edition. I can’t stand some of those cheap ass songs on there.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    2021 is desperately in need of a decent record. These deluxe editions just ain’t it.
    All of this.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Justin Timberlake and Ariana Grande meet.
    Timberlake: 'Oh, Ariana, how are you doing? Haven't seen you in a long time.'
    Grande: 'Hey Justin, I'm doing fine. I just released the deluxe edition of my hit album 'Positions'. It features a remix of my current single and 7 minutes of new material.'
    Timberlake: '7 minutes? So you mean you put one new track on there, don't you?'
    Grande: 'Well... Not quite.'

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    2021 is desperately in need of a decent record. These deluxe editions just ain’t it.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Well, I have high hopes that the new songs could be better than what‘s on Dua‘s Moonlight Edition of FN - which isn‘t that hard to achieve to be brutally honest.
    I think you jinxed it !!!

Leave a comment:

• ludichris
    replied
    Originally posted by Erotica View Post
    Sorry but these songs are a big joke

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Sorry but these song lengths are a big joke

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    worst behavior is kind of a mini-upgrade but otherwise it seems like she has thrown a lot of six thirty cuts onto this.

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    I thought only one of them would have been an interlude? A deluxe re-release and it's only 7 mins longer

Re-releases are becoming a joke.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Yeah, this re-release seems a bit pointless. It looks more like a deluxe edition with a couple more tracks that may as well have been released at the time of the album release.

I guess it will help tho, but she could have capitalized on this much more with a proper promotional plan behind it (and different content).

Leave a comment:

• Ruthymon
    replied
    Cheap and lazy deluxe...

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    "test drive" and "worst behavior" are nice songs but nothing I would play on repeat either and they are too short.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
    I could live with some of the lengths if the tracks actually 'ended' and not faded out, it's like listening to the previews on iTunes also I have listened to albums where the interludes are longer than these tracks. I actually like the new tracks but they are over as soon as you hit play
    I can't people people are actually buying these, like even the interlude I know it doesnt take much to get into the top ten on itunes these days but still.. her fans are dedicated.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    I could live with some of the lengths if the tracks actually 'ended' and not faded out, it's like listening to the previews on iTunes also I have listened to albums where the interludes are longer than these tracks. I actually like the new tracks but they are over as soon as you hit play

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Three new 2 min "songs" and Test Drive is just a lazy rehash of motive.

I don't think Ill even bother with this again as I would just have to skip that woeful remix every time and the new tracks really arent worth it.

Ill be sticking with the original album.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Test Drive is ok. She can keep this edition though.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    "Someone like U" (interlude) 1:16

"Test Drive" 2:02

"Worst Behavior" 2:04

"Main Thing" 2:09

Is this a joke? 7 (!!!) minutes total.
    This is getting ridiculous seriously.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    "Someone like U" (interlude) 1:16

"Test Drive" 2:02

"Worst Behavior" 2:04

"Main Thing" 2:09

Is this a joke? 7 (!!!) minutes total. No new cover? tracks righfully left of the standard? a remix with no new adlibs or production? soory, this is the definition of lazy
    The fact that I predicted ten mins of new music and was wrong by 2 and a half mins...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X