Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megan Thee Stallion - Good News

Out on November 20th
    Last edited by KEY9481; Thu November 12, 2020, 21:12.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Can't wait
    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Looking forward to this!
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I'm excited to see what she comes up with. I didnt like her recent mixtape that much so hopefully the album comes harder.
          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

No WAP?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
              No WAP?!?!
              Not her song.

They could potentially add it on the tracklist for streaming platforms though. Who knows....we'll see.

Comment

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

I'm most excited for Do It On The Tip.

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                    I'm most excited for Do It On The Tip.
                    My spirit just knows they are about to ACT UP. Can't wait.

Interested in the SZA song too.

And the first track...

Comment

That cover reminds me of Tamar’s Calling All Lovers. It looks so good tho.
                      i’m looking forward to it. Hope she spits about some other stuff than just being a hot/thot.

Comment

Nothing here touches Savage,after my first listen.
                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                          Hope she spits about some other stuff than just being a hot/thot.
                          I think this is bad news for you. Half of the album is about fcking at least, and the other half I'm not sure what it's about. I think the track that stood out to me the most was the Big Sean and 2 Chainz joint.
                          ​​​​
                          I think she is very hot, I think she has some bars, and I'm trying to like her but it's just not happening. She's just doing what many others are soundwise, and she just doesn't stand out to me. A lot of the productions on the album also felt stale. But I do prefer more organic, instrumental productions over overproduced trap beats. But yea, I think she needs to grow as an artist.
                          ​​​​
                          ​​​​
                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

This is better than I expected, she really delivered. Circles and Freaky Girls in particular are excellent, Body is catchy although the chorus might be irritating to some, and the three pre-release singles tucked at the end sound good as part of the album.

I do agree that she needs to have more variety in terms of context. She's hot, we get it, but throw us some sentimental bars too
                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Video for "Body"

Comment

1st listen. Quality-wise, it's not exactly Invasion Of Privacy.

Comment

I went in with low expectations as her projects have never been great to me,

I'm not mad at this though. I think this shows her off at her best. It's not perfect but I've enjoyed the first couple plays of it.

Shots Fired is a great intro. Love the SZA track as well.

I expected a little more from the City Girls song, but Caresha ate them up on it.

Also, not everyone needs to do pop. She could've kept Don't Rock me to Sleep.

Comment

Circles has been on repeat for me today. It reminds me of Drake's 'Nice for What', which is also a bop.
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

93 on Metacritic (based only four reviews though).
                                      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

This doesnt "feel" like a debut album for me. It doesnt have much meat to it. I could cut this down to a 5 song EP. The beats are fire on this though.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                          93 on Metacritic (based only four reviews though).
                                          Am I the only one who feels that music critics are getting too soft lately? I still remember those days when popular album would usually get scores like 60-70.

Comment

When I played this the first time yesterday, the only songs that stood out were "Cry Baby" and "Don't Rock Me to Sleep". On the second spin, I like every song, save for "Shots Fired". She came with the bars and production on this and I'm thoroughly relieved because her Suga EP earlier this year had me nervous. This is a terrific debut.
                                            Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2020: [#1!]
                                            Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2020: [#1!]
                                            Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2020: [#1!]

Comment

Performance of "Body" from the AMAs.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                Am I the only one who feels that music critics are getting too soft lately? I still remember those days when popular album would usually get scores like 60-70.
                                                It currently stands at 86/100, but yeah, I agree that albums tend to get great results easily lately - especially in the urban field of music.
                                                You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                                                I should walk away.
                                                Oh, I should walk away.
                                                But I think I'll stay.
                                                (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

ok cool

Comment

Working...
                                                  X