• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Rowland - K

https://ratedrnb.com/2020/11/kelly-r...nces-new-ep-k/

Kelly Rowland Announces New EP ‘K’

It will arrive on December 4.

Lately, Kelly Rowland has been spoiling fans with new music — and she is showing no signs of slowing down. The Grammy-winning singer has revealed her plans to release an EP simply titled K on December 4.

In an interview with Nadeska of Apple Music’s R&B Now, Rowland expressed how she felt about her forthcoming project. “I wasn’t so nervous or as nervous as I am now or as anxious or excited as I am now, ’cause this one is just really on my own,” she said. “But I’m so proud and I’m so excited of where it is and what it sounds like and what I’m expressing and how I’m feeling and just letting, you know, my fans and listeners tap into that. So yeah, it’s, it’s really exciting. I’m really excited.”

Among the songs on K is the highly personal track “Flowers.” Speaking on the heartfelt record, Rowland told Nadeska, “I heard this record and from the moment I heard it, it made me think about time, it made me think about people, and how precious those two are. I’ll never forget having my son, and then three weeks later, losing my mother.

“It was so many things that I wanted to tell her because it made me realize the importance of time, and people, and not taking them for granted and, and being able to give people their flowers while they’re here and tell them that you love them and tell them that you appreciate them and Um, you know, we are living in some really crazy times and I think that it’s important now, to even call up on people and check up on them. You know what I mean?”

K will also include Rowland’s recently released track “Hitman,” as well as her Donna Summer-inspired disco jam “Crazy.”

Kelly-Rowland-e1568847960620-750x769.jpg

I am always here for new Kelly, but I guess this EP will be a bit all over the place and I don't mind that. Though, I kinda wish it was a small album instead fo a EP. It has been 7 years since Talk a Good Game

Comment

"K" I actually really liked "The Kelly Rowland Edition" and "Coffee" but I didn’t like her last two singles.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Didn’t she release an EP last year?!?! I give up! She continues to mess up on soo many great opportunities.

Comment

That cover is gorgeous!

I feel like Kelly is mismanaged now and needs to regroup. Nonetheless, will have a listen to this.
          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

So is she leaving Coffee out of this?

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I feel like Kelly is mismanaged now and needs to regroup. Nonetheless, will have a listen to this.
              Tell that to her manager/husband

Comment

I do agree that she needs to rebrand herself but the question is, what direction should she take? The Dance-Pop Kelly that brings her international success? The sexy R&B Kelly that is loved by Urban radio? Or the versatile Kelly that's able to adopt to different genres?

I do feel like she's going with the 'black girl magic' route with some of her recent releases, but idk man, sonically she seems to be a bit all over the place so far.

And I do think she needs a better management for sure. "Coffee" could've been a cute little hit on Urban (AC) but did they even send that song on the radio? Her situation kinda reminds me of Ciara to be honest. She also kinda fumbled the bag with "Level Up", that song could've been bigger if it was pushed to the radio - but it wasn't, and ever since that, she just released a few random songs here and there.

Comment

Hitman is the best thing she has released for A LONG ASS TIME
                  "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post

And I do think she needs a better management for sure. "Coffee" could've been a cute little hit on Urban (AC) but did they even send that song on the radio? Her situation kinda reminds me of Ciara to be honest. She also kinda fumbled the bag with "Level Up", that song could've been bigger if it was pushed to the radio - but it wasn't, and ever since that, she just released a few random songs here and there.
                    I completely agree. I feel like this mismanagement happens so frequently with our black icons/legends. Fortunately, Kelly is very talented and has a praiseworthy package. I just hope it isnt too late before she gets back on course.
                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Any new Kelly is always welcome!

IVyoncé I agree, I'm sure she has enough material to make an album. Even if it's a project she's just putting out there because she's pregnant.

Comment

She needed to focus on international success since When Love Takes Over. She had a lane to herself then. There is no reason why she couldn’t have had her Fleshtone and had international success...I think she could work that that throwback sound now. Crazy was a cute and that sound could have worked well for her.

Comment

I have never understood the point of releasing an EP (unless you are a complete newbie who just wants to get their name out there). Why no album? After all those years you'd think she has recorded more than a handful of songs. Disappointed by this news.

Comment

an EP? Keep it Kelly, it's been 7 years. No one is here for 3 new songs.
                            thank u, next

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthymon View Post

Tell that to her manager/husband
                              Kelly Rowland is not managed by her Husband
                              she has been under Roc Nation (Jay-z) this entire
                              year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vib...ith-roc-nation

“It’s family and it just happened,” she said about her new management deal with JAY-Z’s entertainment agency. “It just really happened to work and it’s working out really well so far. My team, I have a great team. It’s not to say I didn’t have a great team before, I had a great team before. You evolve, you move on and that’s really it and Roc Nation is home now.”

Comment

Originally posted by shinydiscopaul View Post
                                an EP? Keep it Kelly, it's been 7 years. No one is here for 3 new songs.
                                Everyone supposedly wants music from her so why does it matter
                                How it's packaged? She is 7 months pregnant if she released a album now she wouldn't be able to shoot music video's or perform the way she really wants so why not hold off until the baby comes.

I don't believe people completely understand that Kelly Rowland is a independent artist right now. Every single thing music related from studio time, Ads, music videos, wardrobe all of this stuff is coming out of her own pockets.

You all may not enjoy what she is putting out as much as her past work But if you are someone who does and do honestly want to support her then please just do that! Because she is giving us a lot
                                with no obvious real backing. Kelly isn't going to be all over the radio and so on like a major artist this industry is real political and right now this woman is a big under dog like never before.
                                she is basically like a new artist all over again.

But she's making it happen for what it's worth! Now it may not mean much to y'all But Coffee having 6.9 MILLION views and almost 10 million spotify plays is a big deal! As a indie artist!

Have you seen what it's like for other R&B darlings who are now indie and releasing music on their own dollar?

The singer Mya has been releasing music all year and majority of her songs have barely 1 million views
                                https://youtu.be/okd6gGd-RrE
                                Deborah Cox the amazing vocalist that sang "How did your get here" released music and look! barely 1 million views
                                https://youtu.be/lOnlA8BMSBQ
                                there are many more artist who use to have radio hits for days barely getting views for their indie released music..

It's HARD to get notoriety when you don't have ties to a major record label that will fund your career.

Lets lay off of her and if nothing else at all send her well wishes I on the other hand will continue to Buy her songs, EPs ,Mixtapes whatever she puts out and stream daily!

I hope so hard that she can pull a Ed Sheran and gain a HIT as a indie artist and I hope yall do to
                                Last edited by Rebey123; Mon November 23, 2020, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebey123 View Post
                                  Everyone supposedly wants music from her so why does it matter
                                  How it's packaged? She is 7 months pregnant if she released a album now she wouldn't be able to shoot music video's or perform the way she really wants so why not hold off until the baby comes.
                                  Don't act like the pandemic or her pregnancy somehow make it impossible to release an album after what has been seven years in which she repeatedly claimed she was working on one. Also you seem to think that once the baby is there things will be easier for her, which is absolutely not the case. Giving birth and raising a newborn is a far more daunting task than being pregnant. There seems to be this common misconception that after birth the hard part is over for the mother - let me take this opportunity to thank Kelly for releasing her "Whoa, Baby!" book a couple of years ago, which shone a much needed light on the "aftermath" of being pregnant. That was one side-venture of hers I really appreciated.

She already has a video out for Coffee and is about to release another one for Hitman... how is this any different from an album rollout?

I don't believe people completely understand that Kelly Rowland is a independent artist right now. Every single thing music related from studio time, Ads, music videos, wardrobe all of this stuff is coming out of her own pockets.
                                  Given Kelly's track record with her album releases her now being independent is not the issue... besides: I thought she was signed to Roc Nation? Didn't she tweet about that some time ago?

And just to be clear: I have always supported Kelly throughout her entire career... but the way she handles her releases is really annoying and self-sabotaging.
                                  Yes, the climate is very harsh for any artist right now. Even A-listers are struggling to sell. But Kelly has been messy with her releases and promo almost her entire career and as a fan it is exhausting to watch over and over again...

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                    Don't act like the pandemic or her pregnancy somehow make it impossible to release an album after what has been seven years in which she repeatedly claimed she was working on one. Also you seem to think that once the baby is there things will be easier for her, which is absolutely not the case. Giving birth and raising a newborn is a far more daunting task than being pregnant. There seems to be this common misconception that after birth the hard part is over for the mother - let me take this opportunity to thank Kelly for releasing her "Whoa, Baby!" book a couple of years ago, which shone a much needed light on the "aftermath" of being pregnant. That was one side-venture of hers I really appreciated.

She already has a video out for Coffee and is about to release another one for Hitman... how is this any different from an album rollout?

Given Kelly's track record with her album releases her now being independent is not the issue... besides: I thought she was signed to Roc Nation? Didn't she tweet about that some time ago?

And just to be clear: I have always supported Kelly throughout her entire career... but the way she handles her releases is really annoying and self-sabotaging.
                                    Yes, the climate is very harsh for any artist right now. Even A-listers are struggling to sell. But Kelly has been messy with her releases and promo almost her entire career and as a fan it is exhausting to watch over and over again...

take a look back at Kelly's Here I am era. Her most commercial era of all time ( not because it was a commercial success But that was the most she was ever visibly seen) she had multiple hit records, 5 music video's out (the most music videos she has ever released for a album) she covered every magazine and performed on every stage possible and the fans still allowed that album to underperform.

I can list all of the errors of things that Kelly does wrong when it comes to marketing her music But what about these fans who have all of these elaborate ideas of visual albums, High quality performances with a million dancers, album after album tour after tour yet can't even purchase a single off of Itunes or stream on spotify.

Kelly doesn't have a solid enough fanbase to just be dishing out album after album supporters or want to be supporters of Kelly should be happy that she's even putting out this EP and releasing 2 music videos (off of her own dime) in a 1 year time span. Because honestly with the way her audience be goes ghost on her I wouldn't even be bothered. I would be sitting at home free of all the stress!!

People complain about everything she does. I rarely see people just support her offerings.

She has SO much public interest! People all over the world love and speak of her daily she still at almost 40 can go viral just for looking gorgeous But the interest never crosses over to music Because all of these people are so unsatisfied. She gives this sound then that sound trying to please everyone and no one shows up for her.

the plan is she is going to release more multiple EPs until she has her baby and will able to release the album that she has.
                                    now are you all going to listen or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebey123 View Post
                                      she covered every magazine and performed on every stage possible and the fans still allowed that album to underperform.
                                      No shade, but I really think you are overestimating the amount of fans she has. Meaning actual fans and not people who like her and casually check out her stuff. There are certainly tons of people who like Kelly, because she's an extremely likable person, but that doesn't make them the kind of fans who automatically buy her music. I think her core fanbase isn't all that big, to be honest.

She has SO much public interest! People all over the world love and speak of her daily she still at almost 40 can go viral just for looking gorgeous But the interest never crosses over to music Because all of these people are so unsatisfied. She gives this sound then that sound trying to please everyone and no one shows up for her.
                                      Ok, now I'm confused, because I literally don't know anyone who "speaks of her daily". You make her sound like some kind of global megastar - that she is not.
                                      As for "giving people this and then that sound to please everybody": That is literally what most people have been criticising her for: The lack of artistic identity.
                                      Here I Am is a prime example of that. I like the songs on the album, but as a body of work it's a mess. She tried to please her mostly US based urban fanbase and her mostly European based dance fanbase at the same time, which didn't quite add up in the end.

now are you all going to listen or not?
                                      As mentioned before: I will. But I'm not expecting huge numbers, for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                        No shade, but I really think you are overestimating the amount of fans she has. Meaning actual fans and not people who like her and casually check out her stuff. There are certainly tons of people who like Kelly, because she's an extremely likable person, but that doesn't make them the kind of fans who automatically buy her music. I think her core fanbase isn't all that big, to be honest.

Ok, now I'm confused, because I literally don't know anyone who "speaks of her daily". You make her sound like some kind of global megastar - that she is not.
                                        As for "giving people this and then that sound to please everybody": That is literally what most people have been criticising her for: The lack of artistic identity.
                                        Here I Am is a prime example of that. I like the songs on the album, but as a body of work it's a mess. She tried to please her mostly US based urban fanbase and her mostly European based dance fanbase at the same time, which didn't quite add up in the end.

As mentioned before: I will. But I'm not expecting huge numbers, for obvious reasons.

Well there you have it
                                        her fanbase isn't that large so why spend hella money on a album only for it not to be a chart success. She is doing fine releasing these EPs

Comment

Rebey123 You better staaannnnn and speak.

I've made peace that Kelly is okay without having a massive solo career a long time ago. Mama is not struggling, she still has great notoriety due to her being in one of the greatest girl groups ever, still has some solo work to her credit.

I'm good long as she keeps putting out...something.

Comment

COFFEE bored the hell outta me but she got me again with HITMAN.

I feel it has similar vibes to when Ciara released DOSE.
                                            "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                            X