Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how much of a Scorpio Rising she is, coming for revenge the classy & smart way.
    My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Colbie View Post
      She better bring Colbie back for Breath!
      According to her official website Colbie is featured on Breathe
      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Pointless release.
        My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
        In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Is she okay? Does she sleep at all?
          Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Pre-ordered

Comment

I've never even listened to the original album.. I was never really into country Taylor tbh

Comment

I didn't really get into her until Speak Now, but I'm keen to give this a play.

I think it's fair to say most of us wish our fave had the kind of work ethic Taylor has. I'd be playing the Myah-free re-release of Britney Jean, in between spins of The Original Doll and Baby One More Time recorded in a lower register.

Fair play to you, Taylor. You go girl!

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  Just read that there actually will be bonus tracks on the new edition . On one hand, new material is always great, but it's a bit meh for the millions of people who already own the album and would need to spend money again if they want the bonus tracks as well.
                  The original was released 13 years ago (and now I see why she worked on this one first...). So it’s essentially an anniversary edition with a full re-recording and bonus unreleased songs.
                  This superstar in the making
                  Tonight she's yours for the taking

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

I think "millions of people" was reaching a bit to be honest.

Best get saving those coins, Timmy.

Comment

Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post

I mean no one owns these versions anyway, or has even heard them. It will be interesting to see if it has much of a reach outside her core fanbase, who will lap it up!

Comment

I'm shaking!
                        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post

It's not reaching considering that more than 6 mio. people own the album in the US and probably close to 10 mio. worldwide.
                          I do own a few Taylor Swift albums (not including 'Fearless') and it'd be intriguing to own the 'album of the year 2010', but it's not a priority at the moment ;) .

Comment

There is no such thing as overexposure for Taylor Swift. The 2020s decade is not even a year and a half in and she already released two studio albums, a live album, and a re-recorded studio album.

Looks like she is going to release all the Big Machine albums throughout this pandemic era.

Comment

Well, the 2020s will be her last decade before turning 40. In other countries, this wouldn't be a major problem, but we know that artists struggle to do well in the US once they are 40+, so she may still want to reach out to the masses while she can. I would love American sweetheart to become the first artist to break the US-American stigma of ageism though.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                Well, the 2020s will be her last decade before turning 40. In other countries, this wouldn't be a major problem, but we know that artists struggle to do well in the US once they are 40+, so she may still want to reach out to the masses while she can. I would love American sweetheart to become the first artist to break the US-American stigma of ageism though.
                                What? As if ageism is only an issue on/in the US music scene/society lol. It plays a role in every Western country, but its impact and form might differ from region to region and from sector to sector (or genre to genre). Also ageism is mostly an issue for women rather than men, also in the US. It is an intersection. And add to that, if she wasn't from the US she would never have been so successful. It is complex, and I don't see her break it at all. Her albums will remain successful to a certain degree, but her single success is already diminishing due to her current market strategies, and it is not gonna get any better with age. She played it 'smart' with Willow and Cardigan, she knew the 'frontloadedness' was her only option. She invests way more in her full albums than anything. She is also overcrowding the single market with a lot of releases. If she really wanted a number 1 that would be a bit of a dumb move. I feel her most recent releases and strategies have shown that single success is secondary now. I don't know why, maybe because of the pandemic? Maybe she didn't feel like she wanted to achieve that goal with her last two new albums? The way she handled the singles off of Evermore and Folklore kinda speak for itself. Maybe it will be different with her next new release, who knows. We can't speak for her, only deduce based on what she has been doing.

Also what is this about spending coins for the physical releases of Fearless (TS Ed.)? It is not 2008 anymore. People really don't care about that AT ALL, you do because of the way you approach and purchase music, which is fine as you can do decide yourself how you consume music, but don't project your own social reality on others. It is miles off from how music is being dominantly consumed in the current market. We can assume it will be mostly fans who will buy these physical versions, and she added an extra incentive (6 new songs) to do so. I will. The 'regular' listeners let's say, don't have to pay one cent to hear those bonus tracks, bar maybe an Apple/Spotify or whatever subscription (which they already have).
                                Last edited by Michiel; Fri February 12, 2021, 15:43.
                                Eudaimonia
                                Last.fm
                                Instagram

Comment

She sounds very out of breath on the vocals.

Comment

I am most excited for the piano version of "Forever & Always" and "Breathe". These are my favorite songs on the original album.

Regarding the ageism thing, I think this fits perfectly:

Comment

My heart! Selena was one of the first people to listen to "Fearless" after Taylor finished it in 2008. Truly a full-circle moment. I love their friendship.

Comment

Comment

• Double CD album with 26 songs, including 6 unreleased songs from the vault
                                          • Collectible poster includes: full album lyrics and photos on one side & 75+ archival photos on other side
                                          https://www.target.com/p/taylor-swif...d/-/A-82437662

Comment

I really like the re-recorded version of Love Story, I think that this album will do very well.

Comment

If the album goes #1 again, is that some sort of record for her?
                                              B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                                I really like the re-recorded version of Love Story, I think that this album will do very well.
                                                Yeah I agree. Her voice has aged well
                                                Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikerocha View Post
                                                  If the album goes #1 again, is that some sort of record for her?
                                                  Depends on the market. It's rare for albums to return to No. 1 because of a jubilee edition, but sometimes (especially in smaller markets), they do.

Comment

This release isn't a typical "jubilee" edition, whatever that even means.

This is a very specific re-recording which would not be happening if it wasn't for her issues with her masters. And therefore cannot be compared to anything that went before, except for maybe Jo Jo re-recorded albums. No artist of the stature of Taylor Swift has ever done something like this before, when they are still at the height of their commercial power.

Also the only markets where the original Fearless album hit number one were the US, Canada and New Zealand. So the question Can it return to number one only refers to those markets, most likely the US was what was being questioned.
                                                    Last edited by InFamous; Sun February 14, 2021, 23:50.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X