NO ANGELS - 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
    Never was a fan of that song. It just sounds dated.
    Not me now liking this on second listen

I'm just thirsty for a girl band

Comment

Curious to see how this will perform in Germany.
      It’s being released this friday.

Top 10 in Germany should be more than possible.

Comment

I think there are four new Songs on this album
        Life tastes better with music

Comment

The Celebration Versions lack pizzazz.

It‘s basically the Grandma versions of them singing.
          What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

Mad Love and WE Keep The Spirit Alive are great! They were smart putting song titles from their career to make a good song like this.

Nice treat for the anniversary No Angels.
            Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

All in all I like the four new songs Glad to have something new from them.

But I'm not really into these celebration versions.
              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Great to read your positive feedback. I may buy the album next week or so. It's still so awesome that the No Angels are back <3 .
                Pro: freedom of speech
                Contra: cancel culture

Comment

One of the most horrendous releases in pop history.

I was really looking forward to getting a new release from No Angels since they used to be one of my favourite bands but these productions are just a half-baked ideads and sound incredibly lifeless.... especially "Someday", "Something About Us" and "Feel Good Lies" are horrible (somehow the latter are not even that edgy/umptempo anymore).

The new songs are lazily-written as well.. especially that Dua Lipa wannabe-ish track "We Keep The Spirit Alive"?

I'm glad they are back but honestly, I expected more... I guess that's the problem if you hire a B-class producer to mix all your songs in a very short amount of time.

I will be sticking to the original versions and try to forget about these 4 new tracks which are weaker than any B Sides by them released 2 decades ago.
                  Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

The album is very weak indeed, unfortunately.

Letting ONE person, who mainly produces Schlager songs, produce this album was a HUGE mistake.

Something about us, one of their best tracks, sounds so so so weird here. All the edginess just disappears.

It just doesn't sound current and the productions are super lazy. Glad they're back but wow, new producer for the next album please.

Comment

What a shit show. I am sorry for all the fans who had to wait for this.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                        Great to read your positive feedback. I may buy the album next week or so. It's still so awesome that the No Angels are back <3 .
                        It’s not. This album sucks big times.

I am furious actually how ****ed up these Celebrity Versions are.

Comment

I like no angels but I hate Schlager and Christians Geller production. Here's my review:

1. Daylight In Your Eyes 8/10

2. Still In Love With You (Celebration Version) 8/10

3. Something About Us (Celebration Version) 6/10

4. When The Angels Sing (Celebration Version) 2/10 !

5. Rivers Of Joy (Celebration Version) 7/10

6. There Must Be An Angel (Celebration Version) 5/10

7. We Keep The Spirit Alive 3/10

8. All Cried Out (Celebration Version) 3/10

9. Someday (Celebration Version) 6/10

10. Mad Wild 9/10 - surprisingly good

11. Washes Over Me (Celebration Version) 8/10

12. Feelgood Lies (Celebration Version) 3/10

13. A New Day 9/10 - surprisingly good!

14. Faith Can Move A Mountain (Celebration Version) 5/10

15. Cold As Ice (Celebration Version) 6/10

16. Love You For Eternity 3/10

17. Cry for you 5/10

18. No Angel (It's All In Your Mind) (Celebration Version) 7/10 surprisingly ok

19. That's The Reason (Celebration Version) 6/10

20. Still In Love With You (Acoustic Celebration Version) 7/10

Total:
                          116/200

Thorsten brötzmann would be a better producer for this Album, but I'm happy for 2 good pop songs

Comment

Last edited by k89; Sat June 5, 2021, 19:12.

Comment

Originally posted by k89 View Post

I will be sticking to the original versions and try to forget about these 4 new tracks which are weaker than any B Sides by them released 2 decades ago.

I disagree with you. New Day and Mad Wild are good pop songs. On the elements, Now Us and even Pure some songs are worse
                              Last edited by k89; Sat June 5, 2021, 19:16.

Comment

The new songs are really good but the celebration versions sound samey. Geller bought the rights of the whole popstars catalogue including No Angels' and he didn't expect the impressive streams so he decided to sign the girls up and gift the fans something. I never liked schlager but the celebration vesrions arent as bad as what some of you make them out to be.

Anyways. Bought tickets to their 2022 Berlin tour, hopefully we'll meet each other there guys!
                                Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

The new Still in love with you video is gooooooorgeous

It’s very pleasing visually, great choreography and they all look fierce. They’ve got a good team this time.

Comment

Well, Schlager is very popular in Germany - it's definitely a selling factor here.

Comment

I love this video!!!

Life tastes better with music

Comment

The video is incredibly beautiful. Much better than DIYE!

The album is actually not as bad as I may have said initially. Some songs still sound like they got their life sucked out of it but there are beautiful new versions as well (Washes over me, Faith can move a mountain, Still in love with you) and A new day, Mad Wild are very nice too.

Comment

They just did new vocals on this, as the instrumental sounds the same.
                                          the video is okay, better than Daylight
                                          nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Reading Amazon reviews, it sounds like most former fans are really happy with the record. A few of them didn't like 'Feelgood lies' but highlighted 'Still In Love With You' and the new songs.

Comment

The former fans might be happy, but they i am quiet gutted they waste time instead of using their full potential on new, and better, material.
                                              nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Nr 1 in the German midweek charts

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                                  Nr 1 in the German midweek charts
                                                  I expected No. 6-10. No. 1 would be huge and in fact their best result since 'Pure'.
                                                  And they even said that they don't care about chart positions anymore but rather focus on the music and performing together.

Comment

Officially number 1 in Germany! What a comeback!

Hope they don’t plummet to number 90 on the second week tho

Comment

Working...
                                                    X