Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, it has.

Comment

• It’s getting very positive reviews at reddit.

so hyped

Comment

• I'll never understand people who listen to illegal leaks. Isn't it better to wait a few more days and actually support the artists? I can't wait to listen to the album as I absolutely love all of the singles.
        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Apparently Lana shouted at workers at Target for putting the album on sale early.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Yesss go off girl

Comment

• Some of the songs are quite old. Dealer, Thunder, Cherry Blossom and Nectar of The Gods have been online for years. I’ve heard they have updated production on the album though.

Apparently Black Bathing Suit is THAT TRACK.

Im just going to wait until Friday. I don’t know how people can be bothered to scroll through the internet to find leaks which are usually LQ.
              "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

• It’s good to know it’ll actually be released as planned (sort of).

Looking forward to it, I quite like the songs released so far
                You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• I’ll wait for Friday. I like to be in the mood for listening to her nee albums. I have to set aside time like on a journey where I won’t be interrupted or I put the vinyl on and really take it all in.
                  Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• My expectations are lower than low, but I'ma check this out on Fri for sure!
                    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      Apparently Lana shouted at workers at Target for putting the album on sale early.
                      that’s fake, confirmed by the kid who spread the rumor.

————
                      I’m excited to hear the album, have been resisting the leaks (and too lazy to find them), but so far I liked everything.
                      last.fm

Comment

• [QUOTE=Carbon;n10738753]
                        Even if it wasn't fake, she had every right to yell at people who sell the album before it's street date
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                          My expectations are lower than low, but I'ma check this out on Fri for sure!
                          Yeah, my expectations going into this are also as low as never before for a Lana album, but I still hope it will click for me.

Comment

• 'Norm ******* Rockwell' and 'Chemtrails' were mostly produced by Jack Antonoff, while he is not involved on 'Blue Banisters' at all. Can we expect a different sound?
                            Pro: freedom of speech
                            Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• theMathematician ^ I think so, at least in some songs (Dealer for example), but overall she’s not the BTD Lana anymore and she seems done with pop stardom (as seen in the subject matter on Chemtrails and her deactivating social media), so I reckon she’s not going to make bops anymore. For me she’s getting better and better.

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                              Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                              Even if it wasn't fake, she had every right to yell at people who sell the album before it's street date
                              True, but I mean if sth like that happened, her label/management has every right to get involved, I doubt she herself would go to a random Target to yell at employees who have nothing to do it with it
                              last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                                theMathematician ^ I think so, at least in some songs (Dealer for example), but overall she’s not the BTD Lana anymore and she seems done with pop stardom (as seen in the subject matter on Chemtrails and her deactivating social media), so I reckon she’s not going to make bops anymore. For me she’s getting better and better.
                                It's a rare case of commercial and critical response being polar opposite. Yesterday, I watched a video of her albums' chart performance on the Billboard 200, and while it's normal that the more current albums chart higher than older works, it never took long before her 'Born To Die' album outcharted each more recent release. At the same time, it's her worst reviews album by the critics, while her last two albums are her first two to receive 80+/100 ratings on Metacritic.
                                I loved the hip hop-influenced pop sound she presented on 'Born To Die', 'Lust For Life' and, at least to some extent, on 'Honeymoon'. I agree that she seems to move away from an overall mainstream-friendly sound that made her breakthrough in the first place. Not sure how much of her initial love for hip hop and the Hollywood lifestyle mentioned in her earlier works was really her though...
                                Pro: freedom of speech
                                Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Chances are high that this will be on par with the last album… which wasn’t her best but not her worst either.
                                  What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

• Comment

• Beautiful intimate video!

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

It's a rare case of commercial and critical response being polar opposite.
                                      [...]
                                      Not sure how much of her initial love for hip hop and the Hollywood lifestyle mentioned in her earlier works was really her though...
                                      1. Actually it’s quite common for alternative artists, just look at Bjork, PJ Harvey or Fiona Apple - not exactly slaying singles charts and played on the radio, but huge critical acclaim.

2. She can love the genre but not make the same kind of music after 10 years and 7 albums. Besides, the interlude
                                      on this album has a fire beat, you can hear it at the end of the Arcadia video

last.fm

Comment

• Listened to the previews on Itunes.

Beautiful, Violets for Roses, Thunder and Nectar of the Gods all stand out among the new ones So beautiful!

Dealer is... a choice. Curious to listen to that in full.

If you lie down with me & Wildflower Wildfire might be the songs I enjoyed less.

The interlude has no connection to anything else on the album, weird that it's even there

Black Bathing Suit also sounded very interesting. Might be the song with the "most" production there.

Comment

• I find Text Book and Blue Banisters rather dull. Will the whole album be as sleepy as those two?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                            I find Text Book and Blue Banisters rather dull. Will the whole album be as sleepy as those two?
                                            Blue Banisters is gorgeous tho

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post

Blue Banisters is gorgeous tho
                                              The music video is freakin‘ weird though. Have you seen how she‘s looking into the cameras while painting them banisters blue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post

The music video is freakin‘ weird though. Have you seen how she‘s looking into the cameras while painting them banisters blue?
                                                It’s called serving face

Comment

• Meh.
                                                  ​Not a fan of Blue banisters either.
                                                  Shaping up to be a skip for me, just like Chemtrails.
                                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Blue Banisters (the song) is in my personal top 3 of her best songs ever.
                                                    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Working...
                                                    X