No announcement yet.

Lil Nas X - Montero: The Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW Scoop with Doja will easily hit the top 5 if its released as a single and the track with Megan goes hard as hell
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      BTW Scoop with Doja will easily hit the top 5 if its released as a single and the track with Megan goes hard as hell
      I miss the Katy Perry comparisons. I want to know what’s the Dark Horse of this album.
      Last edited by Loose; Thu September 2, 2021, 03:52.
      What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

Tracklisting looks good.

and he finally released a song I'm actually enjoying.

Bring it on, King.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
          Tracklisting looks good.

and he finally released a song I'm actually enjoying.

Bring it on, King.
          U said it. Industry Baby and Montero (the song) are quite annoying in some part.

I‘m happy that Sun Goes Down and this new one will balance it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post

I miss the Katy Perry comparisons. I want to know what’s the Dark Horse of this album.
            Definitely Scoop Feat Doja

Comment

I didn't listen to leaks so looking forward to this, hope we're in for a treat.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Scoop is a smash
                  DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                  98 - OUT

Comment

His promo is insane! I love it
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

coming

Comment

Album is out here and after a run through it really is a fantastic album, I’m surprised at how good it is to be honest.

best album I’ve heard in a while.

Comment

IMO Industry Baby >>> Montero by far

Excited to listen to this tomorrow. He keeps being hit or miss for me and I'm probably one of the few ones who likes the music, but had mixed feelings about the "promo" with him being pregnant etc.

Comment

How high are chances that I like something off this record If I hated Industry Baby and lowkey hated Montero?

Comment

Overall a very solid album. It is a great mix of things and for a young black gay artist he is very honest about his sexuality, life and mental state. I am gonna listen to it tomorrow a few times in full and review it for myself. And I am still hoping for a physical release, because I love the album cover so much.

I actually didn't mind the promo roll out. This whole era he basically has been making fun of pop culture in his promo tactics. Everything from artists saying their albums are 'their babies' to using anything that happens scandal wise in his own benefit. You can see he observed the business when he was still an internet stan himself.

Comment

Amazing. Album of the year. An ARTIST.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                  How high are chances that I like something off this record If I hated Industry Baby and lowkey hated Montero?
                                  Listen to Scoop with Doja. It is a smash waiting to happen.

Comment

Listen to Scoop with Doja. It is a smash waiting to happen.
                                    It's funny, Scoop is the only song on the album I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

It's funny, Scoop is the only song on the album I don't like.
                                      Tasteless. I heard Scoop months ago sans Doja and I loved it.

The JLO shoutout makes it even better

Comment

Tasteless. I heard Scoop months ago sans Doja and I loved it.

The JLO shoutout makes it even better
                                        I just found it a pointless song whereas every other song has a purpose. I gave it another listen as you said it was amazing and I just can't get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

I just found it a pointless song whereas every other song has a purpose. I gave it another listen as you said it was amazing and I just can't get into it.
                                          Its no big deal you can like what you like, I was just joking. I like the " Ive been working on my body" line. cos I just picture him naked every time I hear it.

Comment

I like Scoop Better as a solo song, I must say

Comment

ONE OF ME, THAT‘S WHAT I WANT and DEAD RIGHT NOW are the most appealing songs on initial listen.

Songs are not as refined as I like them to be. But hey, who can blame him? It’s his debut so I guess that’s fine.

Comment

Is the album flawless? No! But the flaws are kinda what makes it so good and flawless in my personal opinion if that makes sense. We all know he is not a vocalist, we all know he isn't the greatest rapper. But he also never pretended to be either of those things. We know he was 'one of us' and observed the industry/business so even though from a personal point of view I would have liked more songs around the 3 minute mark. On the other side it also fits perfectly that he did those lengths since it fits his 'person' and the sign of the times.

Also I am happy the album is not bop after bop after bop. This is his debut. The debut of a 22 year old who got catapulted into this a few years ago. For a selftitled debut, you only get one chance to do it, and also only one chance to tell certain stories. The fact the album deals with the pressure of the industry and fame. As well as his struggle with his sexuality and the struggle the people around him had and how that affected him. As well as other gay related topics like hook ups and the visuals so far overall sketch imo. a great landscape of who he is as a person and in extension artist and it is always great that someone also still has room to grow.

The marketing'/promo of this era also has been outstanding. The way they used the NIKE thing in his benefit. The whole pregnancy thing, which raised eyebrows, but is more or less the representation of what loads of artists has been saying for year 'my new album is my baby, I can not wait for you to embrace it'. The billboards which seems funny at first but when you listen the actual album also feel very fitting towards certain discussed themes about the struggle etc. and also political topics etc.

Overall he is just living his dream. He is messy, but who wouldn't be in his position. He has been growing as performer. He delivers great visuals with topics that greatly contribute to normalisation and representation for gay topics and in that aspect break barriers.

Comment

This is quite good on first listen! Really like One Of Me
                                                  You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

First spin is done and I definitely need more spins because... I'm rather disappointed! The album is "just" solid for me, the two smash hits are the clear standouts on this and the rest is just a nice addition. Guess I really need to give this album more time. Only other two standouts of the first playthrough were Tales Of Dominica (due to the beautiful melody towards the end) and Life After Salem. I'm even surprised I don't highlight the Doja Cat / Miley Cyrus collabs, two artists I usually love these days.

I think based on the first spin alone, I enjoyed his 7 EP a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X