Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got the notification, I'll get mine soon

Comment

Oh was wondering when this countdown would be up! I'll send my list in a few days. There were some really good albums last year although I don't think I will struggle to condense my list down to 15 as I normally do.

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Following your criteria, I'd argue The Rarities and the Mariah Carey Merriest Christmas Special Soundtrack qualify and the other EPs do not.
        Added. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Following your criteria, I'd argue The Rarities and the Mariah Carey Merriest Christmas Special Soundtrack qualify and the other EPs do not.
          I'd actually disagree about Mariah's latest Christmas album. It's a compilation featuring remixes of existing covers, with only one "new" cover and some very short interludes.

I'm glad Jonathan pointed out Childish and Mac, and I would also like to add Jacob Collier's Djesse Vol. 3.
          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I'll vote in this, it's not been a great year for R&B but I've been surprised by some real gems so if my votes encourage new listeners then I'm all for it ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Thombus View Post
              I'll vote in this, it's not been a great year for R&B but I've been surprised by some real gems so if my votes encourage new listeners then I'm all for it ​​​​​​
              Teyana Taylor, ChloexHalle, Teamarrr, Alina Baraz, JoJo, Weeknd, Jhene Aiko, Brandy, Kehlani, Giveon, Alicia, Toni Braxton, Victoria Monet, Brent Faiyaz, Trey Songz, Ro James, Kiana Lede all released bomb albums. But it wasn’t a great year?

Comment

It was one of the best years in R&B imo.
                My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Marchum

Teyana Taylor, ChloexHalle, Teamarrr, Alina Baraz, JoJo, Weeknd, Jhene Aiko, Brandy, Kehlani, Giveon, Alicia, Toni Braxton, Victoria Monet, Brent Faiyaz, Trey Songz, Ro James, Kiana Lede all released bomb albums. But it wasn’t a great year?
                  Different perspectives, I've enjoyed output from previous years moreso - some decent names there but not all released their best work

Comment

Originally posted by Thombus View Post

Different perspectives, I've enjoyed output from previous years moreso - some decent names there but not all released their best work
                    I do agree. There are only 5 albums from 2020 (3 of them are EP's) where I could genuinely play from start to finish without disliking a single song which means I definitely need to check out more albums.

Comment

Keep them votes coming. I've already received 5 notifications on my inbox but I haven't opened any of them.

Comment

Listening some new albums before voting.
                        Playing Kai right now... And not gonna lie it's fire.
                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                          Keep them votes coming. I've already received 5 notifications on my inbox but I haven't opened any of them.
                          About time
                          My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                            Listening some new albums before voting.
                            Playing Kai right now... And not gonna lie it's fire.
                            As in the K-Pop's Kai? Yeah his EP was full of bops. I just wish he was more... you know... vocally talented.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post

As in the K-Pop's Kai? Yeah his EP was full of bops. I just wish he was more... you know... vocally talented.
                              Yes that one. I don't know much about him but he sounded pretty good on the EP.

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Yes that one. I don't know much about him but he sounded pretty good on the EP.
                                You should check out Baekhyun's Delight: The 2nd Mini Album if you like Kai's EP. It came out last year. Both are from the same group(EXO) but Baekhyun has an even better voice and it's really suited for R&B.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post

You should check out Baekhyun's Delight: The 2nd Mini Album if you like Kai's EP. It came out last year. Both are from the same group(EXO) but Baekhyun has an even better voice and it's really suited for R&B.
                                  Thanks, I'm new to Korean stuff, I don't really like that I don't understand what they say, but the beats and melodies seem very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post

I actually think Baek's EP is pretty weak aside from the lead single. Both of Woodz's EPs easily win for me when it comes to the R&B side of K-Pop even though I only discovered his music like a few days ago. He's pretty bad at picking lead singles though.

Edit: Nevermind, it was his 2021's EP that I like. Damn Korean artists with these countless releases, I always mix them up.

Anyways, 6 votes so far:
                                    1. Noahh
                                    2. Loose
                                    3. Leo
                                    4. Mugen
                                    5. Jonathan
                                    6. JeremySpears
                                    Last edited by abi; Wed April 7, 2021, 04:06.

Comment

I can't believe that I'm cutting my queen off my list, but trying to make it 15 was TOUGH.

Vote sent.

Comment

I will do my best to participate, but have a lot of catching up to do as I spent most of 2020 listening to DJ shows like Yummy Beats, Soulection Radio, and The Future Beats Show rather than full albums. A cram sesh is in order
                                        The sands of time fade into dark
                                        Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                        A message to madness
                                        Feel music that's realness

Comment

I had my Top 12 in just a minute

And randomly selected 3 good albums/EP by choice.

Easy as pie this year round.
                                          My last.fm

Comment

Full time working really decreased my music consumption especially since 2020 was a dry year a-list wise for r&b/hip-hop and I have less time to check out new artists. I'll definitely vote though
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Anyways, fyi decided to remove Mariah's Christmas album from the list since it's basically a 'remix compilation' of her previous Christmas songs with only 1 new song + a few short interludes. Also, it's Pop. The Rarities is still eligible though.
                                              Last edited by abi; Fri April 9, 2021, 09:16.

Comment

Working...
                                              X