X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARINA - Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

Album announcement today.

out June 11th

Last edited by Mikerocha; Wed April 14, 2021, 15:56.
    B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

The cover is ... a choice.

10 songs. I smell an extension some months after the initial release.

Comment

I think that cover is one of her best ones! Definitely a good picture of her unlike L+F and EH covers. I Love You But I Love Me More is most anticipated by me.

Comment

You're "allowed" to capitalise the "In A" part - she does this herself on the track list. It's also listed as "Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land" in the pre-order link.

10 seems not enough but at least it's not a slight overkill like the last one. 12 seems to be fine these days.
        Last edited by Blondini; Wed April 14, 2021, 16:25.

Comment

BRING IT

... but plz explain title
          Last edited by Loose; Wed April 14, 2021, 16:32.
          It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Comment

I actually love the cover and title! Definitely more “old-Marina” than L+F was in those two aspects.
            last.fm

Comment

Wished Purge the Poison's cover was the actual album cover tbh.

Comment

I am a tad worried that it won’t live up to the quality of a well-rounded body of work just like FROOT or Electra Heart.

The artwork seems rushed. There is no grace in that overall appearance of this era.

I am used to her doing things... differently.

I was also a bit thrown off by Purge The Poison and still don’t see why this should be a single. Is the 2007 Britney lyric that revolutionary?

Mixed feelings about this.

I LOVE Man‘s World and that clip of Venus Fly Trap. However, the whole concept falls flat as ****.

Comment

Not a fan of the cover, but very excited for the album. 'Man's World' is amazing (especially the Empress Of mix) and I really like 'Purge The Poison;'. I wonder what the other songs sound like. PTP sounds like it comes from 'The Family Jewels' era.
                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

I've ordered the full limited edition 44 quid bundle. Never ever paid that much for a new album (51 quid with tracking).
                    Three cassettes seems slightly excessive but heck! the zine and the exclusiveness got me!

https://shop.marinaofficial.co.uk/
                    Last edited by Blondini; Thu April 15, 2021, 16:29.

Comment

^ actually the order didn't go through no matter which payment option i used and it's baffling as to why. Sent them email about it.
                      Forgot i was an existing Warners customer so had to reset password. (at least i got on it. i can't even get back in to Taylor's store)

Comment

OK, i feel a bit dumb now! So i asked Warner customer service via email and they say it was cancelled because "full payment details were not captured". I was under the impression that pre-orders didn't actually take any payment until the day of release - as usual on Amazon and other sites. Has anyone actually purchased the album from her site? Did payment get taken from your account? If this is the case i'll have to wait nearly two weeks before i can purchase it.

It could be the universe telling me i don't need all of that and a standard CD will suffice. The zine was only completed by US fans, of course. And who needs three cassettes?

Last edited by Blondini; Fri April 16, 2021, 21:44.

Comment

I did, but I used paypal so until Monday its only a hold.

Some Australian website like Sanity wont charge until release date.

Im staying right here.

Comment

I will save my money this time and stream the album on Spotify.

Comment

Love the album cover!
                              Man’s World and Purge The Poison are both great. I’m so excited for the album after the letdown that Love + Fear was.

Where is the vinyl by the way?
                              "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

^

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Originally posted by Mikerocha View Post
                                  I did, but I used paypal so until Monday its only a hold.

Some Australian website like Sanity wont charge until release date.
                                  PayPal is gonna charge you on Monday? That's weird! Is this the so-called "temporary authorisation"? I've tried to find answers about pre-orders on PayPal itself but there's just lots of people asking questions and nobody answering. One site i found said they should not be charging you so early because you would only have 45 days to get a refund from the day you were charged (in this case that would be before the actual release), but apparently they've extended that time limit since then.

I might just wait for Discogs to stock the items, never had issues with them. I'm resigned to not having the zine so it would only be the cassettes. I'll get the regular CD when it's put on sale.
                                  Last edited by Blondini; Sat April 17, 2021, 19:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                    I've ordered the full limited edition 44 quid bundle. Never ever paid that much for a new album (51 quid with tracking).
                                    Three cassettes seems slightly excessive but heck! the zine and the exclusiveness got me!

no vinyl version, even for pre-order (I know there are problems with production but it is still a let down)
                                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

^ It is coming, Marina said.

Im staying right here.

Comment

I'm pretty sure she'll land her 5th consecutive UK Top 10 album but I'm hoping for another Top 5 for her in the UK I know another act is releasing the same day Wolf Alice with the last project they put out being stronger sales than Marina has seen since Electra Heart which was put out in 2012 so I don't expect another number 1 for Marina. She is also releasing the same day as Maroon 5 the last album they put out reached 12 so she may be able to finish ahead of them but that remains to be seen. Overall a Top 5 seems possible if Marina does decently well on her end and debuts in the 8-10k range again like Froot and Love + Fear did.

US Billboard again she will most likely debut high on the pure sales chart but the main Billboard chart is always harder for her because the streaming factor hoping she can land a debut higher than Love + Fear which was released in 2 parts and debuted at 28 with ~17,000 units but I don't expect her to repeat Froot hitting 8 with 46,000 units because of the pure sales decline since 2015 hoping for a middle ground maybe a 25,000-30,000 debut in the US.

P.S I hope she plans to have vinyls available by release day or else her debut will be weakened by thousands of units in both the UK and US market needlessly.
                                        Last edited by NeonGold; Wed May 5, 2021, 23:00.

Comment

Yeah she needs the vinyls but they might not be released on the June 11th date.

she just announced the single vinyl and its only coming out in October

Im staying right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post

7 for tracking? Who's tracking it? Nasa?
                                            1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

Surprised there are zero to none interviews with Marina about this new project.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikerocha View Post
                                                Yeah she needs the vinyls but they might not be released on the June 11th date.

she just announced the single vinyl and its only coming out in October
                                                I'm hoping the reason that release is so far out for the Purge The Poison Vinyl is because they are making the album vinyls a priority now so they can be available come release week because a lot of fans want Vinyls they are making a comeback and will probably make up a big slice of her pure sales and without them her debut would be cut dramatically for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                                  Surprised there are zero to none interviews with Marina about this new project.
                                                  She did one interview with Bose about 5 months ago from her home in LA about her album themes and writing process but that is the most recent one hoping she does some in the weeks before the release.
                                                  https://youtu.be/kZk0KRoeQZo

Comment

Working...
                                                  X